30 Day shred Friends :)

Options

Replies

• kcamp79
    kcamp79 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    great thread!! I am on day 6 of the 30DS and I am loving the results so far! It is a great feeling when you feel yourself progressing with the video day after day. Day 3 was the hardest for me and I take 2 rest days a week, one rest day I walk for 40 minutes. In this beginning I had a hard time walking because my calves hurt so bad but they healed after a day with lots of protein!!! Add me if you would like!
    KEEP IT UP AND DON'T QUIT
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys!

I just did L1D3 after a rest from it yesterday. I still ran 3 miles yesterday. Also ran 2, did the rowing machine, and bicycled 9 today at the gym before coming home to do 30 DS. I thought I would be totally wiped, but it wasn't so bad--I took about an hour break in between to walk my dog and rest a bit.

@kacy--I know what you mean about the calves! Mine were killing me after day 1 and 2 but felt fine for my run yesterday. We'll see how they feel tomorrow. I got your friend request and will accept, but just to warn you, I'm really bad about commenting on the newsfeed. I do much better at supporting people in these threads. :flowerforyou:

@wlaura--I am using 5 lb weights b/c they are the only ones I have at home. I also lift heavier at the gym, but honestly don't think I could handle more weight with this workout.

@tracy--I can't even imagine doing 30DS twice in one day! Then again, I suppose as long as you spread it out, it's not much different from going to the gym and then doing 30Ds at home later. You'll have to let us know how it goes.
  • wlaura88
    wlaura88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options

@wlaura--I am using 5 lb weights b/c they are the only ones I have at home. I also lift heavier at the gym, but honestly don't think I could handle more weight with this workout.

I was able to use 8 lb weights for things I normally do when lifting, like bent over rows, but my shoulders kill now because of it. I think I will stick with the 5 lb weights from now on.
  • McknightCanada
    McknightCanada Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Today is my day 2 :flowerforyou:
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options

What weight of dumbbells are you guys using? I started with 8 lbs, but found I had to use 5 lbs for some of the sequences. I usually lift with 15lbs.

I'm using 5 right now because SOMEONE messed around and I can only find one of the two 8lb dumbbells.(someone=my son)
  • kcamp79
    kcamp79 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @kacy--I know what you mean about the calves! Mine were killing me after day 1 and 2 but felt fine for my run yesterday. We'll see how they feel tomorrow. I got your friend request and will accept, but just to warn you, I'm really bad about commenting on the newsfeed. I do much better at supporting people in these threads.

some support is better than no support!! lol :)
  • shawmor
    shawmor Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    day 4 done my calves are still a bit sore!
  • JessicaMcguigan123
    JessicaMcguigan123 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    day 17 done :) level 2 is sooooo boring, anyone at level 3 yet??
  • emelydleon
    emelydleon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    "peace is the respect to the rights of others" Benito Juarez
  • emelydleon
    Options
    I use some excercises i learned from p90x that keep your heart rate up and dont involve jumping
  • emelydleon
    Options
    It's day 2 for me too. I did an extra workout at lunch yesterday and my thighs are sore and ran 2 miles. i hope I make it through todays 30ds
  • carmentownes
    carmentownes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I did day 4 today. It is hard but it starts to get easier. Just remember to take it easy when you feel you can't keep going so you can avoid injury. Good luck. I just took a before pic but I did not do measurement or weight. I do not want to weigh myself because the shred helps gain muscle so you will gain weight. I didn't want to get discouraged. I also run 3 times a week about 2-3 miles.
  • emknight93
    emknight93 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Maybe this question has already been answered, but where do you find the 30 day shred workout? Sounds cool!
  • coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    hey guys. Today my 2nd day doing 30 ds. I am not in shape and have not exercised in about 3 years. I was able to get through this ok surprisingly although a couple of tough moments. I also started an exercise class at my local rec center on Sunday so I am getting my butt kicked. I did take a before picture of my squeezing in to a pair of capris that I would really like to fit nicely. We should all post our before and after pics when our 30 days is up!
  • gabbylab
    Options
    Maybe this question has already been answered, but where do you find the 30 day shred workout? Sounds cool!

I bought it on DVD at Target.
  • AngelChini
    AngelChini Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    This is my 6th day wooo! This is my 3rd time doing this, but this time I am following the chick on the left! Taking it to the extremes(;
  • AngelChini
    AngelChini Posts: 111 Member
    Options

All three levels are on Youtube(:
    Just put in 30 day shred level 1 and bam it will be the first one I believe!(:
  • emelydleon
    Options
    Day 2 accomplished. i kinda wished there were more ab workouts.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options

Yes, I also use youtube. :smile:
  • gabbylab
    Options

Yes, I also use youtube. :smile:

Huh! Where the heck have I been? That's awesome!