Please post your MOST IMPORTANT weight loss tip :)

Options

Replies

• coffee4me57
    coffee4me57 Posts: 195
    Options
    I stole this from a WW message board-

You are what you eat so don't be fast, cheap, easy, or fake!
  • Shrinkmeslowly
    Shrinkmeslowly Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would say don't lie to yourself about what your eating! Keep it as close to natural as possible (fruits and veggies etc..) don't bother with the processed crap! That and get your friggin protein! even if your vegan your body needs that **** to ton up!
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    Triple P :
    Be positive, patient and persistent.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Learn to be patient. It takes a while to create new healthy habits.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    weight loss occurs in the kitchen, fitness in the gym

"ditto"
  • omgitsgarry
    omgitsgarry Posts: 138
    Options
    Invest in a good heart rate monitor so you know what you are burning and what you need to eat back.
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    What works for one person, may not work for you - don't always go by what others are doing. And....exercise, never put it off.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Just one? Hmmmm...measure and/or weigh what you eat.
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    NEVER give up! Everyone has a bad day here or there, but look at it as a mere hiccup, and keep trying! " Even a stumble is still moving forward".
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Start your weight-loss program on a small deficit that will allow you to eat the highest amount of calories possible.

^^Some people may think I'm nuts for making this suggestion but I'm going to explain why. Women message me ALL THE TIME complaining that they have plateaued in their weight loss and don't know what to do. Here is why that happens. These people decided to start a weight-loss program because they were fed up with the way they look and they have finally made up their mind they want to lose it... and they want to lose it NOW. As a result they start a super-strict diet of 1200 calories/day + cardio. Two weeks pass and they are down 4lbs and feeling fantastic. Eventually they start to tire out. Their motivations wanes and even worse... the scale stops moving. 4-6 months later they are now down to 1000calories and an hour of cardio... and still they have failed to meet their goals or even make much progress. What gives??? I'll tell you what gives... YOUR METABOLISM. It pretty much GIVES OUT! If you want to begin a weight loss program... start out at 2000 calories and slowly track downward. If you plateau, drop a couple of hundred calories and stay there for a while. If you start high you can always decrease calories and/or add cardio to break through those plateaus. If you start low you have nowhere to go. Will it take longer? Yes. Remember this is a lifestyle change so it's worth doing right. You will save yourself all kinds of metabolic issues by taking the long road rather than opting for the quick fix. If you want more info check here: http://www.biolayne.com/nutrition/biolayne-video-log-16-metabolic-damage-v3-0-damage-control-a-mechanistic-discussion-of-metabolic-adaptation/#comment-122726

Well stated! Very good advice.
  • Zoemarie89
    Zoemarie89 Posts: 59
    Options
    This is an epic thread!!

My most important tip(s)...
    1) DON'T starve yourself.
    2) Measure/weigh your food. You'd be suprised how much you can over/underestimate how much you're eating.
    3) Cardio AND weights. Together. Strips away the fat and builds the awesome.
    4) Invest in decent equipment, e.g. Heart Rate Monitor, scales, Gym membership. It is 100% worth it.
    And finally...
    5) Don't reward yourself with food. You are not a dog.
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    An okay diet plan that you can follow consistently beats hands down a perfect one that you can't stick to
  • Zoemarie89
    Zoemarie89 Posts: 59
    Options
    I would say don't lie to yourself about what your eating! Keep it as close to natural as possible (fruits and veggies etc..) don't bother with the processed crap! That and get your friggin protein! even if your vegan your body needs that **** to ton up!

Agreed - A great quote I heard was "Never eat food which has a TV commercial". So simple yet bloody genius!!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Eat Well, Good Cardio, some weight training and lots of water.

Eating well doesn't mean not to eat fat and eat like 1000 calorie a day...eat more often with smaller portion...Lots of veggies..Good fat, good carbs (not too much or go for the good ones), not too much sugar (fruits are good but be careful they have a lot).

Check your fiber ...not too much but still enough cause it makes you (go....).

Water cleans everything and it's the best fuel. Add a drop of mio or crystal light if you can't stand it....It will taste good (ok there's some splenda,,,,which DOESN'T give cancer (a MYTH) but it's still not the best thing) BUT..... a little little if it will make you drink more water is better in the long run....start with it and go without later.

Hope it helps.

Again : Eat Well, Good Cardio, some weight training and lots of water.
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    While eating, eat slowly, and listen to your body. Don't over eat. It is ok to leave the table a little hungry. That way your not so stuffed.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Don't make excuses.
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    (Tips) :wink: Be 100% real with yourself. Measure and log everything you eat. Set small, attainable goals and don't let a bad day, a bad week or a bad month make you give up on yourself. "Anything worth having is worth working for." :flowerforyou:

Edited to say: Start lifting heavy right away....you'll never regret it.
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Get good doctor and stay consistent.
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Consistency - 'nuff said. Find a lifestyle that you can sustain for the foreseeable future, and then live it.