August ShredHeads! - 30 Day Shred 8/1 - 8/30

Options

Replies

• TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    what time does your neighbor work? Maybe you can do it while they are at work. Otherwise, have you just explained to him/her that you're not having a dance party, its just a 25 minutes workout. And the cardio only last 2 minutes for each circuit, so why do they get so upset?
  • debjunti
    debjunti Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I hate to sound lame , but whats shredheads?
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I hate to sound lame , but whats shredheads?

haha it's the name someone on the internet invented (and I borrowed) for people who do Jillian Michaels's 30 Day Shred
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    anyone feel sick and tired of Jillian? I just don't have the desire to do it :( Its really sad. part of my problem is this whole situation with the neighbor downstairs and not being able to do any of the cardio portions in the living room and instead having to go out into the stairwell/landing. Its really a pain in the *kitten*! I will try to do it tonight after my normal gym workout, we will see how that goes!

Yes! I actually don't find these workouts entertaining at all. I'm going to stick with it this month, but I just find them boring and don't get excited to do it. I'm really more of a "class" person than a "dvd" person, so that may be it, but I just don't find it as fun as I do other things.

I should have gotten up and shreded this morning, but I was up late last night and just could not get motivated. I may try to do it after work this afternoon, but that means I'll have to shower again. Grrrrrrr. Lol.
  • sngnyrslp
    Options
    Yeah I'm not extremely entertained by it either. Every night before I go to work out i complain to boyfriend about it for at least ten minutes. What keeps me motivated is the challenge to do better every day, and knowing the workout is only 22 minutes. Also I've started to really see some results so I'm more determined than ever to stick with it. After all, it's only 16 more days for me!
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    I've lost track of what day I'm on, but I'm on level 2. **Day Five** Whoever said L1 was just a warm up for L2 was absolutely right! L2 is kicking my butt!

I'm tired of Jillian, too, especially her laugh. But I want to keep this up. Nothing is going to stop me this time from completing this damn workout! lol

After this challenge is completed, however, I think I'm going to cut my workouts down to five days a week. It will be hard; I start school again next Monday so that means on workout days I'll have to get up at 7 a.m. to do it. I won't have time anywhere else in the day to do it. I may be starting a thread next week for early exercisers if there isn't already one. I've found that coming to this thread every day has helped me to keep up the shred; I'm hoping a thread for early risers will help me do what I have to do!

Keep it up everyone!
  • sngnyrslp
    Options
    L2D5 done earlier tonight. Halfway through the Shred!!
    Tonight, I still took some breaks, but did NOT stop during squat thrusts, as much as I wanted to. I did them a little slower than Natalie, but I think the more important thing is that I didn't stop even though I wanted to die haha.

Hope everyone's doing well. See you all tomorrow! :)
  • zolamercedes
    zolamercedes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    D6L1 DONE! I was dragging butt but I got that sucker done. I am behind you all, but I still can't wait to get this thing over with! I think I will upgrade to 5 lbs weights tomorrow. I've been using 3 lbs and although I took a few breathers here and there, it was a bit easier than I remembered it being on day one. I am doing wimpy girly push-ups but I can actually go down a bit more! Woot woot!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend and are kicking butt!
  • pinkandloopy
    Options
    :sad: failing miserably! haven't shredded since thursday...I'm doomed. Last night I decided to move my furniture around to see if I coulf squeeze enough space to shred in my room. Getting up at 5.30 was just wiping me out. So, moved my bed and a leg fell off...took the mattress off, turned the bed over and discovered turmites ( i think?) have eaten a large part of my bed.
    from what we've bee told I have to clean every inch of my room, wash every item of clothing etc and fumigate it before I can sleep in there...have spent 2 hours the last 2 nights after work cleaning....and sleeping on lounge floor.
    I started a day ahead of you all and haven't made it to level 2 yet :mad:
  • itsmenatalie
    Options
    :sad: failing miserably! haven't shredded since thursday...I'm doomed. Last night I decided to move my furniture around to see if I coulf squeeze enough space to shred in my room. Getting up at 5.30 was just wiping me out. So, moved my bed and a leg fell off...took the mattress off, turned the bed over and discovered turmites ( i think?) have eaten a large part of my bed.
    from what we've bee told I have to clean every inch of my room, wash every item of clothing etc and fumigate it before I can sleep in there...have spent 2 hours the last 2 nights after work cleaning....and sleeping on lounge floor.
    I started a day ahead of you all and haven't made it to level 2 yet :mad:

Ugh! That sucks!!! I'm sorry! I bet you got a workout moving furniture around though!
  • itsmenatalie
    Options
    D4L2 Today. Taking a 4 day weekend off from shreding was a bad idea. Level 2 kicked my butt again today. I can do pretty much all of it except the squat thrusts for some reason. Do you think it would be better to do the actual squat thrusts slower than they do them, or to do the beginner modification? I've been doing the beginner because it's part of the cardio and i want to keep moving fast to keep my heart rate up, but maybe I should try doing the thrusts and even if I'm slow at least I'll get my body used to trying them...I don't know!
  • MFT2010
    MFT2010 Posts: 122
    Options
    D13L2 today... argh... need to find motivation.... level 2 is dominating me right now... hopefully I will have more energy tonight!

I'm off!:grumble: to shred. Reminder to myself. I AM SEEING GREAT RESULTS SO FAR, KEEP GOING!

Ok I feel better...lol LETS DO THIS:drinker:
  • sngnyrslp
    Options
    L2D6 donneeeeee. I didn't stop during squat thrusts but did have to take a break during the plank jacks. is it just me, or do anyone else's legs turn to jello thanks to those things? I tried to keep track and too (i think) four or five short breaks today. Tomorrow, I'll go for three tops.
    Everyone hang in there, I know it's tough but we can do it!
  • bree1609
    Options
    I just have to keep telling myself that I am feeling better. I have seen some results and feel better in some of my clothes. It's a slow process, right? I neglected my body for a whole year. I can't expect changes over night...

D6 L2 completed. Four more until L3...*gulp*
  • sngnyrslp
    Options
    Finished L2D7, and didn't take a single break! :D Looking forward to day 8 tomorrow!
  • rocioisabel
    Options
    Does anyone know how many calories are buned on level 1? I read somewhere that its 244 but I'm not sure if that is accurate and not sure how to post it on my exercise log....
  • sngnyrslp
    Options
    Does anyone know how many calories are buned on level 1? I read somewhere that its 244 but I'm not sure if that is accurate and not sure how to post it on my exercise log....

It depends on your weight. What most people do is log it in cardio under "circuit training." some people log it as 22 minutes, but I only log it as 18 because I doubt I burn any calories during the warm up and cool down.
  • bree1609
    Options
    I log it as general circuit training. I think mine says 201 calories burned in 20 minutes.

D7 L2 completed!! I can't believe L2 is almost done. Where is everyone else? It's getting quiet on this thread. I hope you're all still hanging in. We can do this!
  • eastcoaster
    Options
    I started after you guys. I am starting Level 2 tomorrow!!!
  • MFT2010
    MFT2010 Posts: 122
    Options
    argh came home with a killer headache.. was going to skip todays workout... but I logged my food and need to workout...

so weird how this has changed me and how I feel like I "need" to workout... strange feeling!:indifferent: