Gluten detox

Options
1235»

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Thanks for nothing.

As for the rest of you, I appreciate your attempts to actually understand. :)

You're looking for psychological help on an internet forum. You changed your diet and are experiencing a host of mental issues as a result.

This is not the place to get help. I understand that you need help, but this is not the place to get it. You need to speak to a professional, preferably someone who has some sort of specialty or certification to help with eating disorders.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Thanks for nothing.

As for the rest of you, I appreciate your attempts to actually understand. :)

You're looking for psychological help on an internet forum. You changed your diet and are experiencing a host of mental issues as a result.

This is not the place to get help. I understand that you need help, but this is not the place to get it. You need to speak to a professional, preferably someone who has some sort of specialty or certification to help with eating disorders.
    This is actually very good advice. If you're experiencing anxiety and other problems like that, then you need to talk to a professional.
  • smurlene
    smurlene Posts: 72
    Options
    Of course I am talking to professionals.

I came here hoping to get some advice on what other people have done in this situation. I value my therapists and the support groups I am in, but I thought maybe some of your might have something different to add.
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Of course you are! You told everybody from post one you have a therapist.

Thanks for the additional info and good luck with all. Hopefully in the midst of all the other comments you have found things that are actually helpful!
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options

I came here hoping to get some advice on what other people have done in this situation. I value my therapists and the support groups I am in, but I thought maybe some of your might have something different to add.
    I didn't mean to make it seem like you were undervaluing their opinions and advice. I'm sorry if it came off that way. I suffer from severe depression and anxiety so I know it's hard to get the right support when you're dealing with those feelings. I just meant that for those things, asking strangers on the internet probably isn't the best since you have a strong support system with a therapist and support groups.
    As far as cutting gluten, I mentioned trying to sub gluten-free versions of foods you already enjoy. Hopefully that can help "trick" your mind into thinking you haven't really changed things too much.

There's a couple groups on here that you might be interested in:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/112-gluten-free (for the GF advice)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/89-mental-health-issues (for help with the anxiety)
  • smurlene
    smurlene Posts: 72
    Options
    I did get a lot from this thread. I really did. I appreciate everyone's input, even the ones who do not understand because it forces me to learn how to explain better.