Married couples question for you?

Options

Replies

• tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Leave. Then wait for karma.

I walked in on my boyfriend at the time cheating on me, on my birthday. I ran into him, 6 months later, at a bar. He was 19, and the girl he cheated on me with was 15. She got pregnant, apparently there was a court case for statutory rape... karma is a *****.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Top two reasons that men cheat....they are notch carvers and dont have any self esteem or their needs are not being met.

I'm always baffled by this. There are many, many women whose "needs" aren't being met sexually. I work in women's health. It's a FACT. Yet, this is never an acceptable reason for a WOMAN to cheat....I don't understand why we "excuse" men.

If you aren't happy or your "needs" aren't being met, figure it out, fix it, or GTFO. Don't cheat.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    1) belongings packed (his) and dropped in front yard, ready for him to collect
    2) His car trashed
    3) any belongings that he dosnt wear trashed
    4)her face trashed
    5) i would show him exactly what he had given up, this includes access to his child.

O.H knows this, he knows exactly how i feel.

Iv already told him, if he is bored with me/us and finds he wants to be with someone else, then he is to tell me an go.... theres no excuse to cheat. Just leave.

Using your kids doesn't just hit him where it hurts, it hits them where it hurts. Using your kids to hurt your spouse is a worse offense than than the cheating, IMO. I grew up in a home where one parent cheated and the other tried to use me to get back at them. Guess which one I don't talk to anymore?

^^^Totally agree with this, and sorry you were put through that.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Leave. Then wait for karma.

I walked in on my boyfriend at the time cheating on me, on my birthday. I ran into him, 6 months later, at a bar. He was 19, and the girl he cheated on me with was 15. She got pregnant, apparently there was a court case for statutory rape... karma is a *****.

That's not Karma. That's consequences. And congratulations on dodging that bullet.
  • leenna50
    leenna50 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    whats husband or wife cheating on each other got to do with food.

if he/she cheats on food snacks, then I can understand why you are posting on MFP. This site is about food/fitness, wellbeing etc.

Maybe go and see a registered agony aunt
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    whats husband or wife cheating on each other got to do with food.

if he/she cheats on food snacks, then I can understand why you are posting on MFP. This site is about food/fitness, wellbeing etc.

Maybe go and see a registered agony aunt
    There's always ONE who doesn't notice they're in the "Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games" section....

Hands-pointing-up_dreamstime_9985093.jpg
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    What's a registered agony aunt?

Oh, and if I caught my husband cheating (which he wouldn't do) it would be over between us. I don't share, plain and simple.
  • leenna50
    leenna50 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What's a registered agony aunt?

Oh, and if I caught my husband cheating (which he wouldn't do) it would be over between us. I don't share, plain and simple.

A registered agony aunt is another word / meaning same as marriage counsellor :-).

I don't believe catching a partner being decitful - should be posted on chit chat and fun. Its heartbreaking and very painful.
    All the different opinions and quotes will only send your head spinning round more and make you more confused of what YOU really want from your relationship. Its questions you need to ask yourself and answer. Do you want to continue living your life as you have. Can you forgive, cos if you decide to stay, you need to learn to forgive. but when you argue, it will always be brought up tot he suface and scars will never heal. Its YOUR decesion, no-one elses.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    More details needed. Full blown affair or drunken one night stand? Stranger or someone she/he knows? My gut reaction is to say I'd end the relationship, however I am a pretty rational person. I would obviously be very hurt if my spouse cheated on me, but I understand that people make bad decisions and can actually learn from them.
    WOW..that's very forgiving...

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to react that rationally. I'd most likely go off half cocked, waving my gun around or something. I wouldn't actually shoot him, because nobody is worth going to prison for, but after all is said and done, I'm 99.9% sure I would leave, because if he did it to me once, mistake or not, I don't think I could ever trust him again, and don't want to be in a marriage without trust.:ohwell:

I'm not saying I would definitely stay with him. It would really depend on the situation. If it were a full blown affair what you described would be completely accurate. But then, an affair isn't just a mistake. It takes an awful lot of planning to sneak around like that.
  • emtbabe543
    emtbabe543 Posts: 162
    Options
    Beat the living daylights out of him and the girl, and then divorce his *kitten* that very day!:mad:
  • emtbabe543
    emtbabe543 Posts: 162
    Options

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to react that rationally. I'd most likely go off half cocked, waving my gun around or something. I wouldn't actually shoot him, because nobody is worth going to prison for, but after all is said and done, I'm 99.9% sure I would leave, because if he did it to me once, mistake or not, I don't think I could ever trust him again, and don't want to be in a marriage without trust.:ohwell:

I was gonna put "wave my gun around" lol....so I agree with this whole post!
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Kick him to the curb.
  • trailtripper
    Options
    I do know I would NOT come to an internet site and ask for advise!

I do not honestly know what I would do. I have been married to the same lady for 41 years.We must being doing something right!

It would have a 50/50 chance of getting EXTREMELY nasty very quickly or being very rational.

I really do not know what I would do ..........

Man what a bummer way of starting out the weekend ( it is Friday eve)! Making folks think about really sad things!

BASS TARDS!
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    We had an agreement that the first one to cheat gets full custody in the divorce settlement. Since we had 6 kids, that was, once upon a time, a rather considerable threat :laugh:
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    We had an agreement that the first one to cheat gets full custody in the divorce settlement. Since we had 6 kids, that was, once upon a time, a rather considerable threat :laugh:

Love this! LOL
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    Bring the wrath of the ancients down on him like the Hammer of Thor. Possibly shoot him, depending on if I had been drinking that day.
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Instead of coming here and talking about it, I'd write it in my diary......Dear Diary, my *kitten* for a wife......

My husband already writes that about me, but in a good kinky way :blushing:
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I divorced him 15 years ago. It was not just "cheating" in our instance he was having a relationship. He had no desire to work on the marriage. But I don't think the outcome would have been any different had it just been a one time deal. Cheating is something I wouldn't tolerate.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options

Love this! LOL

Still together and kids are 30yo down to 18yo. Not such a good threat anymore but neither of us wants to bother training a new life partner LOL
  • jporter2004
    jporter2004 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    No idea. But I likely wouldn't tell you about it.

^^^^This. Nor anyone else.

Totally agree.

I certainly wouldn't ask people on the internet about it.

All of the above....and leave.