Breast Lift

Options

Replies

• MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I am going to get something like this when I finish my weight loss and maintain for over a year. I don't have a lot of 'drooping' or 'sagging' but that may be because I started as a D, went to DD while BF (had a baby) and then went to a D again after and when losing weight lost only a cup size so far, I just need to reinflate after loss as I suppose I will lose a little more and may be a B cup at the end of my loss.

If it helps you feel better in your own skin and you are doing it for you and not anyone else then go for it! Honestly I see Mammoplasty as a way for women to be completely comfortable in their own skin and feel happy about how they look to themselves. I only disagree with getting it done if it is being done for the happiness of someone else and not the person going through it...
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    If I had the money I would get a breast lift when I am done losing. I am a G/GG/H cup and although they haven't shrunk much yet, they have got lower :(

Since I don't plan on having kids I am hoping to have some sort of disposable income in the future!
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    my suggestion is to not alter your bewbies until you are done having kids. pregnancy/breastfeeding does some crazy things to them and you don't really want to fork over money to have something done if you are just going to do it all over again

THIS! Breast lifts are very invasive and can cause nerve damamge and cause pain. I've experienced it. My fun bags are now please don't touch bags.
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I absolutely agree that you should wait until after you have children... but yes my boob's seem to be more "deflated" with my weight loss in the past - well that and I am 40. I would have a lift and augmentation in a heart beat if I could afford it. There is not a stigma around plastic surgery like there was years ago - and if it makes you feel better in your own skin then its a total win.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    After watching my Mom go through breast reconstruction I would steer you away from breast surgery that's not medically necessary. Hers was post mastectomy. But still...to go under the knife when you don't have to? Foolish. And you have not had kids yet? I'm not having kids but...my goodness keep the knives away from my parts. :angry:
  • missCherry1977
    missCherry1977 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I can't speak so much to the weight loss but the pregnancy and breastfeeding. I've had two babies and nursed each of them over a year. I started wearing a bra 24 hours a day as soon as I learned I was pregnant with the first one and still am. My boobs were pretty much exactly the same after the two babies as they were before. I don't know if it was a direct result of wearing the bra all the time or just a happy genetic quirk. But I'm not taking any chances and am still sleeping in a bra.
  • alycat1990
    alycat1990 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Do you notice that after a significant amount of weight loss your boobs tend to lose there voluptuousness! I am seriously considering a breast lift and I haven't even had children yet. I lost 46 pound btw an I am the only one that notices this? I see celebrities on the tv all the time that lose a big amount of weight and they have no stretch marks, sagging skin etc.. I am doing something wrong or are these people having surgery?
    Have you been lifting weights? Bench pressing and a bunch of chest exercises will most def give you some more definition, it sounds like u might need to work on toning :) don't be afraid to pushes yourself and lift heavy, I noticed before I started lifting that my boobs were sagging a bit
  • Brooklyngurl3
    Brooklyngurl3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have seen a couple in life and they do not have these problems after losing weight.
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Start lifting....your breasts won't get any bigger, but you'll build the muscle tissue up underneath....making the ladies look perkier.....and perkiness beats big, droopy, saggy ones any day of the week!

This is craaaaazy true. Chest work with heavy weights transformed my boobs. I love them now!
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My surgery was the best thing I ever did for myself. I had lost so much weight, but still felt horribly uncomfortable, thanks to the deflated wind-socks that were attached to my chest. There was no type of push up or padded bras that could help me at that point. I definitely agree about waiting until after kids...or at least consulting with your surgeon about whether or not to wait.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    It's my plan to get it done if needed, once I'm at or near my goal.
    I'm also bench pressing so hope it helps a bit.
    :wink:

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    A. I'm wondering what you do for a living that you look at boobs every day.

Women's health...
  • mytime1986
    mytime1986 Posts: 117
    Options
    I have read that if you start lifting weights especially targeting your chest muscles that it acts as a natural breast lift. I have been lifting for about 2 months now and I have noticed a slight difference or at least they aren't getting any worse. I would look into all the non surgical methods before going under the knife.

REALLY!!?!! Wow I am so going to test this out! I have never heard of it, actually I was always alittle worried when start weight training that it make me loose them faster!
  • mnstrpc
    mnstrpc Posts: 109
    Options
    O.k. everyone seems to look at this from the saggy vs. perky side. Question - do you have sensitive breasts that give you lots of pleasure when you fool around? If so, getting breast surgery whether a lift and especially implants may make that aspect of your life non existent. Before considering any surgery you really need to think about this and if so proceed slowly.

That's not necessarily true. I just had a breast augmentation May 22 (so am almost one month post-op). I didn't sag at all and weight loss wasn't really my issue as I have never really gained nor lost weight in my breasts. My issue was that after 2 pregnancies and nursing two kids for a year apiece (which was a precious experience that I cherish and wouldn't change for anything), mine just entirely deflated. I went from a 32/34 B to a 32AA (lost two cup sizes) and that was BEFORE I lost about 18 lbs. Thankfully, I didn't get any smaller with the 18lbs weight loss, but the damage was already done.

I did NOT have a lift, just an augmentation - as noted, sagging was not my issue. I am now a 32D and could.not.be.happier with my results. I have not experienced ANY loss in sensation. Now, that's not to say that's true for everyone - some women DO lose sensation as a result of breast surgery. Whether or not you will lose sensation as a result of breast augmentation depends on a variety of factors, including incision site, and well, just the individual. I just wanted to note that by no means is it a foregone conclusion that you will lose sensation as a result of the surgery - some do, some don't.

But, as others have mentioned, TOTALLY agree with waiting until after you have kids (if you're going to) before looking into surgery. It's a pretty expensive venture to have to do over.
  • RunAmock
    RunAmock Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am getting my lift in mid-August. Can't wait. I think it's a very personal thing. I have had my children (youngest is 5) and have always wanted the "girls" of my youth back. Finally, at 44, I can afford it. I don't think there is any way possible that any amount of weight lifting will gravitate these girls back into their rightful positions. I'm ecstatic about the possiblities. :) Good luck.
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I've lost 55 pounds so far and my breasts have barely shrunk (were a little over a DD when I was at my HW, now they're solid DD) and they actually look better- I'm starting worry that in the last stretch of weight loss they'll deflate rather quickly. I've always said I'm going to get a breast lift eventually after I have kids, I know I'll need it then. I've always had stretch marks on my breasts, I think most women with larger breasts do, so I've never worried about them. I actually had a conversation with male friends regarding breast stretch marks and most of them never notice, nonetheless care- if that's any consolation.
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    my suggestion is to not alter your bewbies until you are done having kids. pregnancy/breastfeeding does some crazy things to them and you don't really want to fork over money to have something done if you are just going to do it all over again

This is what I was going to say...I am done having kids and starting to think about it...maybe my present to myself if I reach my GW..
  • Cassycat
    Cassycat Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight and went from a full C to a small A. I got my boobies done (implants, no lift) and am extremely pleased with my results.

During weightloss:
    IMG_3390.jpg

After weightloss
    ba2e540c-f7dd-4037-976e-a14f2b1181d4_zpsf5fd1b90.jpg

After boobies:
    71117220-ef07-4020-af48-5f62a707d8f9_zps35d5e51b.jpg
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I went from nothing to a D almost over night in high school. I never had perky girls so I wouldn't know what it's like. However, I have always envyed those who could wear sun dresses or spaghetti straps. My boobs are too heavy for any of that. They have stretch marks from having kids, but they look about the same in the drop department as the did when they first showed up. In fact....some jerks in college used to call me lifters. Yep....that's a hard nick name to live down. I am done having kids and I dream of the day that I can get my girls perked up for the first time. Right now all I could afford would be charging them like jumping a car battery. CLEAR!!!! and bam they are perky :)
  • alitooze
    alitooze Posts: 1
    Options
    Anyone considering the mesh option might want to read this first

http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/breast-lift-mastopexy/breform-mastopexy-the-internal-bra-t161916.html

My boobs are not and have never been especially large but other half reckons more than a handful is a waste so never worried about it too much although doesn't every girl dream of having 'perfect' breasts at some point or another these days as we are presented with the celebrity image of what we should be aspiring to (yeah right!).

I've just seen far too many examples of where implants have gone wrong to consider it - I'd rather have slightly saggy natural boobs than a pair of mis-shapen/lumpy artificial looking rocks stuck to my chest and the fact there is even a small risk of that happening puts me off! Also with sagging I think you have to go for uplift as well as augmentation for a decent result or else the implants may just sit in what is currently the saggy part of the breast and look a bit odd. I believe augmentation is really for the twenty something's who want volume rather than uplift - and even then you are opening yourself up to a lifetime of maintenance of said implants. I also figure that as nature decided I'd look just fine with B cups that anything else might look out of kilter with the rest of me

Upon saying that everyone is different and realise for some their boobs are a source of constant misery which I'm sure isn't much fun and know it all works out OK for lots of people and their lives are transformed by having surgery - just not for me as would rather accept what I've got rather than change it and possibly **** it right up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!