Dream job vs actual job.

Options

Replies

• celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I would open a yoga studio and use my rocking accounting skills to work for me :happy:
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    current job: owner/operator of computer business (repairs/upgrades/troubleshooting etc)

Dream job: Work at Edgar's Mission- is a not for profit Australian Farm Sanctury that seeks to create a humane and just world for humans and non-humans. (I know some people may roll their eye's but I would find this rewarding)
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    real job(s)... rental management for 70+ cabins in East TN... also Cabin Staining, Refinishing, Repair, Renovation.

Dream Job(again).... Opening my Auto/Motorcycle performance and fabrication shop back up. Its a passion of mine and it puts me in such a zen frame of mind to be tooling on cars/motorcycles and making them faster, handle better, look better, sound better!!!!
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Dream job - Trophy wife. Seriously.

Or this. I get tired of being the bread winner sometimes....all the pressure is on me & I have to work ungodly hours to get it done. Ugh.
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Actuall job: Paralegal at a small law firm
    Dream job: Same position BUT working for the government
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Dream Jobs - Own my own cupcake store or police officer (medical issues shot my down on the latter, but cupcake store may still be a possibility!)

Current Job(s) - Dispatcher/Tech support for a telephone company. But I do love my job! Also work 2 non-profit animal rescues (one as a volunteer, one as the president's administrative assistant.)
  • JasonT1973
    JasonT1973 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Actual: Banking
    How I got there: They were hiring and I'm good with numbers.

Dream: Artist
    Reality: I see beautiful things in my mind - they look like 1st grade pasta art projects when I put them on paper.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    My Dream Job: What Ed Norton does in Fight Club. Gets paid money by the company to NOT come into work.
  • Shara126
    Shara126 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Actual- proposal writer
    Dream- World traveler and professional student
  • aliciaje
    aliciaje Posts: 83
    Options
    Acutal job: Petroleum Geologist

Dream job: Pro skiier
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Actual job: HR Assistant
    Dream Job: Now-SAHM for my son after he starts school this fall: personal trainer

I am so sad I have missed the 5 years where I could have stayed home with my son every day before he started school:-( I literally cry about this once a week and cry almost once a day from missing him so much. I'm not good at being a working mom.
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Current job.. auto tech.

Dream job.. crew on an nhra top fuel team.

I have worked in speed shops and built race cars in the past but not at that level..
  • estrange22
    Options

Or this. I get tired of being the bread winner sometimes....all the pressure is on me & I have to work ungodly hours to get it done. Ugh.

^^^^This^^^
  • estrange22
    Options
    real job(s)... rental management for 70+ cabins in East TN... also Cabin Staining, Refinishing, Repair, Renovation.

Dream Job(again).... Opening my Auto/Motorcycle performance and fabrication shop back up. Its a passion of mine and it puts me in such a zen frame of mind to be tooling on cars/motorcycles and making them faster, handle better, look better, sound better!!!!

Are you in gatlinburg?
  • skparker2
    skparker2 Posts: 132
    Options
    Actual Job :Bank Teller *blah*

Dream Job: Financial Planner/ Financial Educator

I'm a teller so that I can get experience in banking. When I finish my degree, I plan to move on up!

Same here!

I'm a part-time bank teller. But my dream job...hmm...that I'm not sure of. I'd love to do something with music, since I used to enjoy singing/song-writing and I've been playing guitar for a couple of years now. But my voice sucks & I haven't done much of any real poetry in forever... :(
  • raaiindrops
    raaiindrops Posts: 134
    Options
    Actually God gives the bread winner more courage to shoulder the responsiblity,Thou i agree it is difficult but far better than those who long all their life to do something for the family and not able to do so

^^^^This^^^
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm proud to say my dream job *is* my actual job.. finally !
    I'm a concept artist working for an indie game company. :-)
    On the side I do some freelance work for some nice extra padding to the ol' wallet.. and for the fun of it. ^_^
  • skparker2
    skparker2 Posts: 132
    Options
    Oh, what led me to this job?

Well, I had minimum wage jobs pretty much for a year or two during/after my senior year. Worked as a dietary aide (food slave) at a nursing home for a couple months. Then as a Starbucks barista for about 2 years (A year at a licensed store, then 7 months corporate). Long story short, after 20 applicatiosn & 6 job interviews, a friend referred me to her bank and BAM. Finally got a big-kid job.

PS- (I've never been the same. I have lost almost all hope to humanity dealing with serving entitled people with over-priced, over-rated coffee drinks!!!)
  • Katrioustu
    Katrioustu Posts: 2,461 Member
    Options
    Dream Job: Hmm.... Either Working for Pixar or Dreamwork or Creating my own works and pieces that would be shown around the world and people would know it. Ex: Shrek from Dreamworks..... he's known. Everyone knows that character

Actual Job: Graphic And Social Media Artist. It is a great job. Love it. :D
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Dream job: Writer

Actual job: Writer. I wanted to be one ever since I was old enough to realize it could be a paying job. I love my main topics, too (theme parks and animals).

When I got older, I also decided I'd love to get a doctorate and be a counselor. Achieved that one, too, and loved it, especially couples counseling. Then life shifted and right now I'm mainly using the degree to teach psych.