30 Day shred Friends :)

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @dancing--sorry about your pulled muscle--that stinks!

Today is my 2nd rest day from 30 DS, so I will hit the gym instead. Have a great day, everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • emelydleon
    emelydleon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It's day four, yesterday took the day off from 30 day shred but had a lunch workout at work. I took a pic of my results so far (not of 30DS since I just started) but all my efforts and I was ecstatic. I'll upload at some point but definitely motivated even more. 30DS will end on my bday. This is the best present I can give myself.

Let's keep it up team!
  • nave002
    nave002 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I tried Level 1 for 7 days and got curious..... Day 8 & 9 tried Level II.... so much more intense, makes me feel like I'm actually working hard! lol Don't get me wrong, I found Level I challenging too; still can't do a REAL pushup but that is it! Enjoying the routine of 2!:wink:
  • kcamp79
    kcamp79 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    day 8 level 1! so excited I have made it this far! I am excited to see the results and after affects of this work out! Getting closer to starting level 2! super stoked! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK
  • nydc
    nydc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just finished level 1 day 4 .. the first day so far it felt easier ... I only struggle with the jumping jack / jump rope combo in the beginning .. the end i can do but not the beginning .. my muscles feel like they are full on cramping (not burning) to the point my legs want to give out... any tips?

Sounds like you need a better warm up than Jillian provides. Maybe go for a walk first?

That's what i was thinking as well .. Thanks for your input! I do my exercises at night, after my daughter is asleep so i couldn't go for a walk as a warm up.. I'll have to search some alternatives.
  • j724mecham
    j724mecham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Just finished level 1 day 4 .. the first day so far it felt easier ... I only struggle with the jumping jack / jump rope combo in the beginning .. the end i can do but not the beginning .. my muscles feel like they are full on cramping (not burning) to the point my legs want to give out... any tips?

Sounds like you need a better warm up than Jillian provides. Maybe go for a walk first?

That's what i was thinking as well .. Thanks for your input! I do my exercises at night, after my daughter is asleep so i couldn't go for a walk as a warm up.. I'll have to search some alternatives.

I only exercise when my daughter is asleep too which means I also don't want a ton of noise. I have a stability ball and will stretch out on that. It is very low impact and you can do a lot of balancing. That or maybe yoga???
  • kristenonly
    kristenonly Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I had to start over after missing three days so today will be Day 4 for me. Level 1. I've been doing it when I get home from work every day. I really need to push myself to get up earlier and do it BEFORE work!
  • emelydleon
    Options
    I hear ya, my goal is to do it before work because that way its guaranteed done where after work there are so many other things you could be doing. Thats why people that excercise in the morining have better chances of being successful. I keep reminding myself of that but still I love my pillow so much!!
  • emelydleon
    Options
    Is anybody doing the DVD with the 4 levels? I feel like everyone is doing the 3 level one on youtube.
  • amlygo
    amlygo Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Is anybody doing the DVD with the 4 levels? I feel like everyone is doing the 3 level one on youtube.

I have the DVD and it only has 3 levels.
  • 1safechick
    1safechick Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day Shred via the DVD too. My DVD only has three levels - and that seems like plenty to me :-). I just moved up to Level 2.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @melony--I'm also sick of Jillian's voice! I'm going to try to do it wit hno sound now that I know the routine.

@emely & kristen--I think anytime you WILL work out is more successful. I'm NOT a morning person either :laugh: , so I always work out after work. I know people say that's bad b/c other things could take priority, but it's really just a matter of making exercise the priority over anything else--the same way morning people prioritize it over sleep.

@ahoward--I like j724's suggestion of some extra stretching or yoga, or it may be as simple as just marching in place for 5 minutes or so before starting the video.

@those of you at or about to start level 2--I'm so jealous! Can't wait to get there!! I'll be at L1D5 tomorrow so halfway to L2!
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    As I planned, kicked it up to level 2 today. Holy Shizzzznit. That was a work out ;)
  • dreamweavers4
    Options
    Hey, jumping in here! :happy: Hope no one minds, late to the party! Today will be day 6 for me! I'm going to give beginning stats

Starting weight- 169

Height- 5'3"

Thighs- 25"

Hips- 41"

Waist- 39.75"

Arms- 15"

So excited to see the results at the end of 30 days, I have already lost 5lbs! Gotta go and read through all your posts now! :tongue:
  • MicheleWE
    MicheleWE Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I just wanted to encourage you all to keep up the good work. Just do the best you can do and keep at it. Today was my last day of 30 Day Shred and I feel like a proud peacock. I've never before stuck with anything. I did 10 days at each level with 2 rest days per week, usually split up. Due to knee issues I had to use alot of modified moves with the cardio work. This workout has really increased my endurance and I can now do push ups on my toes, as well as jog a mile without stopping. I also see changes in my physique that I am very happy with. So keep at it. It is totally worth it!!!
  • sw6709
    sw6709 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Finished level 1 day 3! My legs are killing me, and may have pulled a muscle in my calf today. It might just be really sore from the workout and I hope thats all it is, I dont want to have to take a day off already.
  • avvalynna
    avvalynna Posts: 32
    Options
    just finished my 10th day of disc 1. I start disc 2 tomorrow. So far I have lost 2 inches from my chest, 1 from waist, 1 from hip and 2 from arms. (i forgot to measure my hips). It has been super challenging in regards to cardio since I have a boat load of orthopedic issues including a knee and ankle all on one leg. I am really looking forward to disc 2 tomorrow and losing more inches. Since I favor a leg, I have been learning to try to balance my weight out for some of the squats as well as jump rope. I work hard and I feel the sore after but wake up the next morning ready to do it again. So to quote McDonald's "I'm lovin' it!"

Ps. I'm also 237lbs. Just thought I'd add that.

Does anyone know how to record the calories? I use a HRM but feel that is so wrong lol
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @avva--Great inches lost!! I plan to measure at Day 10 as well--but I'm only on Day 5 tomorrow. To record calories, most people use "circuit training general" in the exercise database. I log 20 minutes which gives me just over 200 calories (I weigh 185). You can also check this website for a comparison:

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

I used "calisthenics--vigorous" and it gave a similar number to MFP.
  • ZombieBubbles
    ZombieBubbles Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I am on day 3 and blogging as I go. I would love to have a group to do this with. Any body is free to add me
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1D5 and it was my hardest working one yet. I felt much better and worked up a bigger sweat than I ever have before. My HRM showed my heart rate was higher than in the past too so I'm very proud of myself.

For anybody that has a large chest...I think I found the answer today. I put a sports bra over my regular bra and the girls stayed put!! I was able to do all the jumping today (which probably helped with my heart rate and sweating :laugh: )

I too am having problems with my HRM...it shuts off when I do the 30DS, so I'm going with circuit training - general. That seems much more likely than what my HRM gave me (329 versus 174).