$100 for a pair of jeans..would you do it?

Options

Replies

• AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I would totally do it if i wasnt going to go broke over it! .... I feel like 100 is reasonable price for quality jeans!

In my dumb youth I used to spend 300 on jeans. How stupid is that!!!! :cry: :noway:
  • c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I would totally splurge for the jeans. I'm a "per wear" kind of person, and if it was a pair that I knew I'd wear ALL THE TIME, then I absolutely would. I would use "found money" for it though..birthday money, Christmas money.. That kind of thing.
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    There are well over 6000 pair of Miss Me jeans on Ebay.

One of the things I learned long ago is that there are a lot of shoppers who resell what they buy without ever wearing it. Maybe they bought it at a sale and did it to make money, maybe they ordered it and thought they'd wear it but didn't, maybe they have a "shopping problem" and resell so they can buy other stuff. But you can score big if you know exactly what you want and watch for it. I can't even begin to tell you about the Cole Haan Air shoes and JCrew cashmere sweaters I've scored...

Edited to add:

So yeah, put me in the "yes" category. Jeans are something that last a long time, you can wear them with everything, and they get cooler as they get older. And fit is beyond price. If you have to put away $5 for every pound you lose, do it that way.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    There is place called forever21 where I can get 5 pairs with that money lol. So for me no but am a guy what do i know.

Yep, that's where I take my daughters!!
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    There are well over 6000 pair of Miss Me jeans on Ebay.

One of the things I learned long ago is that there are a lot of shoppers who resell what they buy without ever wearing it. Maybe they bought it at a sale and did it to make money, maybe they ordered it and thought they'd wear it but didn't, maybe they have a "shopping problem" and resell so they can buy other stuff. But you can score big if you know exactly what you want and watch for it. I can't even begin to tell you about the Cole Haan Air shoes and JCrew cashmere sweaters I've scored...

Absolutely!!! I have got plenty of good buy on Ebay!!!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Honestly I would see it as a "reward" for getting to your goal.

But to make it easier on your wallet, you can put $10 in a "jean jar" for every pound you drop. Since you only have 13 lbs left, according to your ticker, then by the time you lose the weight, you will have the $$ for the jeans.

And it won't be $100 all at once coming out of your very tight budget. If you know you tend to lose .5 lb a week, then maybe do $5 per week in the jar. Either way, it's a bit of saving so it doesn't hurt the bank account, and you still get the expensive jeans that you want.

I don't know about some people, but when I see something like that, that I really really want, I am going to get it. Doesn't matter if it takes me 2 days or 2 months. I will do what I need to do. :wink:

I say go for it.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Now, I am a poor cat who does not typically spend allot of cash on clothes. I know many do and I totally respect the logic behind it, a.k.a feeling good in your clothes IS worth the money. However my upbringing has me in a mindset where it almost makes me physically ill to drop a large amount of cash on clothing. Even when I save up in advance I still find myself thinking I should be spending it on something more practical.

That said, a brand of jeans have waltzed into my life and I really want a pair. They start at $100 a pop and I keep debating with myself over it. Thoughts like this circle through my brain: "$100! WTF I do not want a pair of those. Oh-but they are like an instant butt lift I soooo DO want a pair. When I hit gw this will be my reward. Something practical would be more rewarding. Stop thinking about those dumb jeans.They are not dumb.." (yes, I have considered Schizophrenia)

Anyway, would you buy them or do something practical with the cash?

If it's a pair of jeans that will last you a long time, you won't outgrow by losing more weight, & you know you'll wear a lot then go for it.

If you're on the fence you could always try to look for online coupons, wait for a sale, see if they sell that brand at TJMaxx, Ross, Marshall's, or check a local thrift store & consignment store to see if they have that brand.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Go for it. But before you do, scout out some high end consignment shops. You might find your jeans at a much lower price gently used. If that's not an issue for you, anyway. Some people wouldn't be comfortable with that. I for one enjoyed the recent purchase of essentially brand new Lucky Jeans for $15.

Agreed. I've heard of people scoring True Religions, 7FAM, JBrand, and other various high end brands for only a dollar at thrift stores.
  • julialdr
    julialdr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    In Australia $100 for jeans is CHEAP! I miss America! ;-)
  • cmdoiy
    cmdoiy Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Do it! You deserve them. I can't wait to be able to fit into a pair of expensive designer jeans. I just gotta save up the money for them :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    100 dollars for a pair of jeans seems unreasonable to me. Yet I spent 300 bucks on a video game replica to hang on my wall. If you have the money, it's your choice what you spend it on. If you feel like that $100 jeans will bring you that much happiness, do it.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    As a general rule, no. But, if was something I just couldn't let go of over, say, a few months, then I might consider it.
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Buy them and consider it an investment. :)
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I'm not such a fan of jeans myself and would never spend that much on them. But there are other items of clothing I'd spend that much and more on. What matters is if you think it's worth it.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    True story -

Me: "I spent $90 on jeans today!"

Husband: "You what? I spend $20 a pair. Why would anyone spend that kind of money on jeans?"

*walking out of closet with new jeans on*

Husband stares: "okay, maybe I see your point"

Buy one pair. I still love those jeans. I pick up others at consignments stores or buy cheapies, but those jeans still look good, still feel good, and are my go to when I feel crummy. You won't regret it.
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    I think it's really important to invest in staple pieces of clothing, especially if it makes you feel good. Go for it and enjoy!
    But just don't go spending $130 + dollars on trend items, they always seem to be a waste and I revert back to my cheaper clothing.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Yes definitely. Think of it this way. You have saved a crap ton of money already be losing weight. You won't see it directly, but trust me future and expensive health problems will be avoided. So, 100 bucks compared to all that is a drop in the bucket.
  • genghis54
    genghis54 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!!!!! if they get tight that would be some serious motivation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:glasses:
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I don't have loads of spare cash, and I buy most of my clothes from supermarkets & budget clothes shops. £3 tshirts, £12 jeans etc. But last Christmas, I had lost a chunk of weight and was feeling good about myself and I found the most amazing £45 ($68) jeans that lifted and tucked in all the right places, and I bought them, and I loved them, and the only thing I regret is that they are a little big now, but I won't get the next size down until I have lost another 15lbs. They still look good!
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    See if you can buy it online... Usually works out a lil cheaper.

I'd treat myself to it if I started working towards it, or else I'll buy a similar but way cheaper pair and then go out for sushi. Yes, skewed logic.