What's Been Cut Out Of Your Lifestyle??

Options

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I've cut out sitting on my big butt wishing it would get smaller magically, now I'm doing something about it. Other then that cut back on everything but nothing is cut out. Oh that's a lie I did cut out looking for a magic pill that would make all these years of bad eating disappear quickly.
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Sugar, that demon, my nemesis.
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Soda, haven't had one for nearly 16 months and the thought of drinking one now makes me feel physically sick.
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I've been a pescetarian for 20 years, but since starting MFP, I've cut out a lot of pre-packaged items. This week, I nixed cocktails just to mix things up and see what happens.
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I just eat less and eat at home 95% of the time. I've cut back on pop and a few other things simply because of calories, but their not cut out of my life for good.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Diet Soda for the most part (I have one at a restaurant & every once in awhile I'll have one)
    Pasta (I have Spaghetti squash a few times a week now)
    Cake, Pies, and Doughnuts (I still eat ice cream, cookies, & candy that are portioned)

pasta really?

I forgot, I do ever y now & then have a frozen dinner with some pasta in it, but it's easier for me to have spaghetti squash. The calories are lower & I can have a larger portion.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I've cut out the notion that I need to cut things out of my diet.

^^^^This! Since I finally figured that out, I have been successful.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Beer
    Red wine

Lack of confidence
    Baggy clothes
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I still eat whatever I want. I just fit it into my daily calorie budget. If I want cookies and milk for supper.. then I will have my damn cookies!
  • mattdsoares
    Options
    Nothing. The frequency and amount as just been cut down. I love Buffalo wings M&Ms, and ice cream. I could never jut stop eating them. I just cut back...a lot. I'll have only a handfull of M&Ms maybe once every couple of weeks as a little treat. Wings are for special events and parties now. Ice Cream i a very occsional dessert and in moderation.

I'd make myself miserable if I just stopped eating the things I love. While I want to lose weight, and AM losing weight, I'm not willing to completely lose my favorite things altogether.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I still eat whatever I want. I just fit it into my daily calorie budget. If I want cookies and milk for supper.. then I will have my damn cookies!

^^^^^^^^^^ This
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Nothing. The frequency and amount as just been cut down. I love Buffalo wings M&Ms, and ice cream. I could never jut stop eating them. I just cut back...a lot. I'll have only a handfull of M&Ms maybe once every couple of weeks as a little treat. Wings are for special events and parties now. Ice Cream i a very occsional dessert and in moderation.

I'd make myself miserable if I just stopped eating the things I love. While I want to lose weight, and AM losing weight, I'm not willing to completely lose my favorite things altogether.

Also ^^^^ This
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I've cut out the notion that I need to cut things out of my diet.

me too!
  • clairedrose
    clairedrose Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Boredom! I think I ate mostly from boredom and habit. I joined a gym a couple years ago and have become more and more into my workouts ,so I am getting more energy. I didn't address the food part of the equation until very recently,so I haven't lost much weight (but inches,yes). I agree with those who say they are not making any food off limits. But now I find I want healthier food because it makes me feel so good. Still if I want a cookie, I'll have one. Saying forbidden makes it too important.
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've cut is portion sizes!
  • Lemongiggles
    Lemongiggles Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Excuses!

I havent cut anything out of my diet, but have made portion sizes a prioty. Over eating always has been my issue. I also have tried not to eat atfer 9 or 10 , depending on when i get done with work. You can still have sweets and breads, but you have to limit the amount.
  • heytherelameman
    heytherelameman Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    All pop/soda. I was drinking anywhere from 3-8 cans per DAY. Now I drink WATER!
    Chips. I can kill 3/4 of a bag in one sitting, so I'd better just NOT have them.

I've done less giving up than adopting NEW habits. These are things I do now...

Log everything... even if I go over my goal.
    Check calories and serving size on everything.
    Take a daily supplement.
    Have a protein shake every day.
    ALWAYS have breakfast. (Usually one egg)
    Park in the back of the parking lot, take the stairs, etc.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Only thing I haven't had at all is fried food (fries, chips, fast food burgers etc) and soda.
  • msmichydo
    msmichydo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut out any food, I stick to my calorie limit and will have a little bit of what I fancy. Yes, I make healthier choices but I still eat chocolate etc, probably 80% healthy 20% not so healthy.

I have quit beating myself up about my weight. It is going, albeit slowly, but at least I'm actively doing something instead of feeling miserable and I am a lot physically fitter than I have ever been in my whole life.

Totally this!
    I never enjoyed many of the unhealthy foods anyhow, so it's kind of worked in my favour. I've heavily cut back on alcohol because I've been plateauing for two months and realized I was drinking my calories. Other than that, it's all in moderation, and if you're still within your calorie limit, *kitten* it! :glasses:
  • oohashbee
    oohashbee Posts: 21
    Options
    Mexican fast food
    Basically all fast food, but especially Mexican, which was my weakness
    All sodas
    Highly processed prepackaged foods
    Queso
    Tortillas
    Bread

I have a problem binging so unfortunately at this point in my life I simply cannot have any of it around me. Maybe one day :]