Replies

• da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    its-magic-shia-labeouf-gif.gif
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I tell them I eat celery all day, and work out 5 hours a day. After they yell at me for being "extreme," I tell them the truth.
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    It really depends on who is asking, but my usual response is:

"Do you want the long drawn out truth or do you want me to tell you want you want to hear?"
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    tapeworm
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    My answer will always be Ice Cream.

And bacon.

Mmmmmmm... Bacon Ice Cream...

:p.....
  • ScouseNerd
    ScouseNerd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    "I've lost weight? Huh. Guess I didn't really notice. I was just eating like normal!" *eat a cookie size of your face*

It's more fun and less ridiculous that way.

But for real I did lose like 10 pounds in a week eating nothing but bread and pasta and even *I* hated myself.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I tell them the truth. "I stopped eating fast food all the time. Drink only water and watch what I eat. I also exercise at least 4-5 times a week. "

it is pretty simple for me and everyone always says that they knew it was a simple thing...but they need to be motivated to do it.

Then I tell them. "That was the biggest thing for me, once I got motivated there was no stopping me. "
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    My boss actually made this up when I explained in detail what I was doing: "Walkin' and eatin'." That's what I tell people now.

I'm going to use that :-)
  • Huebras
    Huebras Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Depends on who's asking. But sometimes I just say it was all the crack.

I like yours better than mine. Simple, to the point, and less time consuming. I'm stealing it.
  • jakesfitness
    jakesfitness Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    What in the world do you say when everyone is asking how you've lost weight? It's almost as if they expect some miracle instead of just realizing that I am working hard at it! It's almost offensive at times. I generally tell them that I do calorie restriction, portion control, and exercise. They usually respond with "That's all?" Ugh!

How do any of you respond to this question?

:flowerforyou:

I owe all my weight loss to Beachbody, so i always tell them that i cleaned up my diet and really starting eating clean and working out consistanly... p90x specifically was mine thing. people that dont work out or take care of their body dont seem to understand those of us that do.
  • KatieBee8
    KatieBee8 Posts: 61
    Options
    I tend to keep it really simple and say 'by eating less and moving more'.

If/when they say 'that's it?!', I say 'yeah..it's really that simpe for me'.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I say, "I eat less and move more." If they ask for more info, I'll tell them how I count every single calorie, fill them in on my exercise routing.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Portion control, protein, and beer. Gotta have the beer. Most people who know me just nod and look confused.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I get asked what "diet" I am on. I tell them I am on the move more, eat less, stay consistent diet.

Love this response! Congrats on the huge success!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Eating clean and exercising. Easy answer :)
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I used to say counting calories and exercise but people looked so disappointed, so now I say chocolate. :devil:

LOVE THIS...Can I borrow?!? :laugh:
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    The hard work diet.
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    "Diet and exercise."
  • joyous504
    joyous504 Posts: 72
    Options
    Eating less, throwing up more.
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Urgh, i know what you mean, they keep asking what my "secret" is. I always tell them no secret at all. I tell them I eat lesser than before but not necessarily starving myself (they don't understand calorie deficit, this is the best I can do without going into the whole TDEE BMR stuff), exercising more, lifting heavy, and being happy. Of course, they respond with "that's all?" in disbelief, and I just say yes.

They within the next hour or two they ask me what my secret is again like they had amnesia or something or in the hopes of catching me when I am not too "cautious" with my "secret" LOL. Oh wells.