Anybody still eat cupcakes?

Options

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Yes. The only food I have that is off limits, is the food I don't like the taste of.

Fit it into your day, exercise to work for it, or accept that one treat occasionally isn't going to ruin your progress.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yes. Because...cupcakes!
  • CaliRochelle
    CaliRochelle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I used to decorate cakes from home until I had my third baby. I spend a lot of time perfecting recipes. When I do bake now, it's like what a lot of other people are saying "eat one, log it, and move on". I am still struggling with once I have one indulgence moving on and maintaining the healthy food mentality. Just remember your commitment and you will be fine.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    If you're not on a diet, don't stop eating the foods you love. I haven't and am still losing weight. I just count them in my calories. Oh well, we have to learn to eat like regular people.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Only if they are from here: https://www.cravecupcakes.com/

I eat a couple of those a month. Last week I had a Margarita cupcake. It was awesome. :flowerforyou:

Eat a cupcake!

I just checked out the website! YUM!!!! Wish I lived closer:)
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Yes, making some that look like ladybugs with my neighbor's little girl right now. :)
  • morpheousneo
    morpheousneo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yes. and donuts. and birthday cake. and fish and chips. and hot dogs topped with macaroni and cheese. and you can see from my ticker that it worked.

I eat treat foods as *treats*. I log them, or don't. But they're occasional indulgences that I enjoy, that make life fun and tasty, and that I keep in balance with many, many healthy meals.

Have a cupcake. Log it. Move on. I'm not on a diet, never was, and it sounds like you're not either.

haha. Funnily enough, that is exactly what I wanted to hear. Feel much better now. And wow, you have lost a lot of weight. That is very encouraging. Fab
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You can still eat aything you want, just remember in moderation.....:smile:
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I eat everything in moderation. USUALLY!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation. I never looked at this as a diet as a lifestyle change and for me I think that's one huge reason I was successful. Cookies, ice cream, treats are all part of life :wink:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    sure do. Normally after dinner and before beer.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Oh yes I eat cupcakes! As a matter of fact I'm getting one today. If I deprive myself, I'll eventually snap as always.
  • RoMartin27
    RoMartin27 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yep! I made a batch of Lemon-Lime Cupcakes from EmilyBites.com

So Good!! Even my co-workers loved them.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I'd like to eat about 16 right now.

Unfortunately for me, even if it's within my calories, my weight loss will stall when I have sugar like that.
  • DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options
    I've lost 12 pounds in the past 25 days. Last night I indulged in a large chocolate chip cookie. I don't plan to cut anything out completely. A naughty treat sometimes is a must in life.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Cupcakes, cookies, brownies, chocolate bars. I just made some awesome chocolate peanut butter fudge.

Absolutely, I do. I just think about it while I'm doing it and fit it into my calories. Or, you know, go over for the deliciousness.
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I eat anything I want. Baked goods, fries, burgers, pizza... But I work it into my allowance for the day, unless it's a once in a long time special occasion where I don't worry as long as I don't go too much over maintenance calories. I have found that I spend my calories like money, and only use them on the really good stuff, like fresh donuts from the bakery in the next town.
  • morpheousneo
    morpheousneo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    yes. I eat. food all day, 4 times a day, avocados, cheese,meats, fruits, veggies, butter...and I even have a slice of pizza or a cookie now and again. I can tell you that in the last 6 months I have "lost it" only a handful of times where eating something unhealthy turned into a caloric binge. Three things happened on those occasions. 1. I got sick and 2. I got disappointed. 3. I learned. Now I do this, I dont keep junk in the house, thats like asking a two year old to keep her hands out of the cookie jar. I eat clean almost ALL the time so that when someone shows up with a treat that makes my mouth water I CAN partake without throwing off my whole day/week etc. And finally two Really important things: Plan ahead and never get too hungry. Its about portions. Its about nutrition. The better the food the better I feel. Am I never going to eat chocolate cake again, hell no! I love chocolate and since I eat so good and work out so much by gonnit Ima have a piece now and again! Cheers! :)

haha. Love it. Thanks :D
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I still eat everything I use to. I just remember to stay within my macros. I only eat twice a day now, which allows me to gorge myself on whatever I want, especially on training days :happy: :happy:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm missing chocolate cakes... cupcakes with frosting. I've been at this for 2 weeks now and for me I am trying to eat healthier for the rest of my life, so I do not see it as a diet. But I am a serious food lover and enjoy baking - and eating what I bake. Is there anybody out there that still eat some of their favourite 'naughty' food and still lose weight? Cheers mi dears :D

If you're abstaining from sweets and what not, is that really "lifestyle?" Are you going to forever avoid sweets? Are you never going to have cake at your birthday or whatever? Here's a visual of "lifestyle"...or as I like to call it, "good livin' vs dieting.

Eat a lot of this...

top-10-foods-to-help-maintain-your-weight-L-pfIDL5.jpeg

and a lot of this...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR01K1cE6mGaWMSAicbE7GXSNP972HM_YeNzqhwUt6qdWo6fM-T

and less of this (but an occasion doesn't make or break you)...

19173581_cibo-spazzatura-il-junk-food-porta-alla-depressione-1.jpg

while occasionally indulging in some of this...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqboWRLgkfm8YKpGbPJ9uNoxh3BI_1sqSj-sbjEpojl3PP_s_zpQ

and Good Livin' always includes this...

diligent1329327376814.png

and this....

RulesOfRunning-230x160.jpg

and never forget this...Good Livin' is incomplete without it...

hugePhoto_0.jpg