Anybody still eat cupcakes?

Options

Replies

• janepatricia2
    janepatricia2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    yes i love Lemon Drizzle Cup Cakes, and i treat myself to one every week.
    i think if you count these treats in your calorie count occasionally it is ok.
    you cannot deprive yourself of the food you love it will only make you unhappy.
    all things in moderation.:bigsmile:
  • crazebeck
    crazebeck Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yes. and donuts. and birthday cake. and fish and chips. and hot dogs topped with macaroni and cheese. and you can see from my ticker that it worked.

I eat treat foods as *treats*. I log them, or don't. But they're occasional indulgences that I enjoy, that make life fun and tasty, and that I keep in balance with many, many healthy meals.

Have a cupcake. Log it. Move on. I'm not on a diet, never was, and it sounds like you're not either.

^^^What she said! I totally agree. I havent lost as much but I have lost the 29 pounds in a few months by allowing myself these foods. This is a way of life, not a diet. When you start to deprive yourself of these treats is when you will fail at weight loss. Just dont forget to log it! :)
  • nanlan50
    nanlan50 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yup....I made some about two weeks ago with chocolate cream cheese frosting and I allowed myself to have one....Then this past week I made a Black Forest Cake (Super moist chocolate cake filled with cherry pie filling, whipped cream and then frosted with whipped cream and chocolate shavings). It was super good and again, I allowed myself to have one small piece. I try to limit myself to one treat per week....If not, I may not stop! I include in in my diary and then try to burn it off with a good bike ride or something....As previous posters have said...Have your cupcake and move on!
  • nanlan50
    nanlan50 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    By the way, I've been at this almost 3 weeks and I've lost 7 lbs. so far...
  • morpheousneo
    morpheousneo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I make cupcakes pretty often and I just eat one and move on with my day. Depending on the type I make, they are usually around 200 to 300 calories so I just budget for that calorie wise so I don't feel guilty or go over on my calories. There's nothing that says you can't have treats every now and then. :)

That is a lot of willpower. I made a batch of banana bread muffins - low fat and sugar but nothing compared to a real homely chocolate cake but it helps with cravings I suppose.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I just finished eating a couple small slices of cake (chocolate chocolate chip and lemon coconut) that I brought in for a co-worker's b-day!

You said you wanted to do this as a lifelong healthy change and not a diet. Well, life includes b-day parties with cake and Thanksgiving dinner with pie and goodies in the office and dinners out with special folks in our lives, etc etc. Point is, your changing view on a healthier diet should also include these things. That doesn't mean you have them every day, but you make peace with having them once in a while and enjoying the heck out of them!

For instance, I knew I was having cake today so I made sure to cut down on my usual snacks and got a nice long walk in and I may even come under goal for the day. :)
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I'm missing chocolate cakes... cupcakes with frosting. I've been at this for 2 weeks now and for me I am trying to eat healthier for the rest of my life, so I do not see it as a diet. But I am a serious food lover and enjoy baking - and eating what I bake. Is there anybody out there that still eat some of their favourite 'naughty' food and still lose weight? Cheers mi dears :D

If you're abstaining from sweets and what not, is that really "lifestyle?" Are you going to forever avoid sweets? Are you never going to have cake at your birthday or whatever? Here's a visual of "lifestyle"...or as I like to call it, "good livin' vs dieting.

Eat a lot of this...

top-10-foods-to-help-maintain-your-weight-L-pfIDL5.jpeg

and a lot of this...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR01K1cE6mGaWMSAicbE7GXSNP972HM_YeNzqhwUt6qdWo6fM-T

and less of this (but an occasion doesn't make or break you)...

19173581_cibo-spazzatura-il-junk-food-porta-alla-depressione-1.jpg

while occasionally indulging in some of this...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqboWRLgkfm8YKpGbPJ9uNoxh3BI_1sqSj-sbjEpojl3PP_s_zpQ

and Good Livin' always includes this...

diligent1329327376814.png

and this....

RulesOfRunning-230x160.jpg

and never forget this...Good Livin' is incomplete without it...

hugePhoto_0.jpg

^^^^ yes...love it
  • morpheousneo
    Options
    @cwolfman13. Thanks.
  • morpheousneo
    Options
    Yes... I like the thought of a weekly treat... I will make this Sunday - cupcake day!
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I don't remember the last time I had any kind of cake but next weekend Im going to visit the bakery from that show Cake Boss so you better believe I'll have something!
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    yes I do! and cheesecake, and peanut butter cups, and ice cream and well a whole lot more.

I used to have the all or nothing attitude, where being on a "diet" meant no goodies or treats and Id fail miserably. Then hate myself because I "failed" then Id eat more and gain more and spiral out of control.

I have an easier time managing my weight loss, if I don't deprive myself from having some treats. I make room for it in my calorie allowance and go for it :) Mind you its a slice of cheesecake and not the whole dang thing. Makes me much happier in life :)
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    yup! make ONE SERVING though!! i used to make half batches thinking "oh i can hold onto these for a few days" nope. ate 'em all.

there are recipes online for 1 cookie, 1 slice of coffee cake, etc. maybe you're better than me but i have no self control when brownies or cakes are staring at me, beckoning!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I eat them as much as I did before, which isn't a lot. My treats of choice usually come in a long stemmed glass. But, I do still enjoy those treats on a regular basis. :drinker:

And cupcakes now and then.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I'm missing chocolate cakes... cupcakes with frosting. I've been at this for 2 weeks now and for me I am trying to eat healthier for the rest of my life, so I do not see it as a diet. But I am a serious food lover and enjoy baking - and eating what I bake. Is there anybody out there that still eat some of their favourite 'naughty' food and still lose weight? Cheers mi dears :D

i ate 1/2 brownie yesterday

A think a tiny bit every now and then (seriously it had been a month or so for me) is ok.
  • ZozoMonster
    ZozoMonster Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation! Lola's Cupcakes are the nuts!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Nope.

Well, I guess if it's a friend's birthday.
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    yes. I eat. food all day, 4 times a day, avocados, cheese,meats, fruits, veggies, butter...and I even have a slice of pizza or a cookie now and again. I can tell you that in the last 6 months I have "lost it" only a handful of times where eating something unhealthy turned into a caloric binge. Three things happened on those occasions. 1. I got sick and 2. I got disappointed. 3. I learned. Now I do this, I dont keep junk in the house, thats like asking a two year old to keep her hands out of the cookie jar. I eat clean almost ALL the time so that when someone shows up with a treat that makes my mouth water I CAN partake without throwing off my whole day/week etc. And finally two Really important things: Plan ahead and never get too hungry. Its about portions. Its about nutrition. The better the food the better I feel. Am I never going to eat chocolate cake again, hell no! I love chocolate and since I eat so good and work out so much by gonnit Ima have a piece now and again! Cheers! :)

haha. Love it. Thanks :D

You got this! and Im glad you posted this discussion!! Thank U :)
  • spirit_runner
    spirit_runner Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    homemade cupcakes are the best :smooched: :heart: !!!!
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options

If you're abstaining from sweets and what not, is that really "lifestyle?" Are you going to forever avoid sweets? Are you never going to have cake at your birthday or whatever? Here's a visual of "lifestyle"...or as I like to call it, "good livin' vs dieting.

Eat a lot of this...

top-10-foods-to-help-maintain-your-weight-L-pfIDL5.jpeg

and a lot of this...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR01K1cE6mGaWMSAicbE7GXSNP972HM_YeNzqhwUt6qdWo6fM-T

and less of this (but an occasion doesn't make or break you)...

19173581_cibo-spazzatura-il-junk-food-porta-alla-depressione-1.jpg

while occasionally indulging in some of this...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqboWRLgkfm8YKpGbPJ9uNoxh3BI_1sqSj-sbjEpojl3PP_s_zpQ

and Good Livin' always includes this...

diligent1329327376814.png

and this....

RulesOfRunning-230x160.jpg

and never forget this...Good Livin' is incomplete without it...

hugePhoto_0.jpg

I LOVE the pics! You had me until the last one...which unless you want to see me dancing on a table top like a loon I avoid like the plague! LOL
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Yep, and cake, ice cream, Oreos, Reece's Cups, M&M's, dark chocolate squares.

It's just now I eat them in an appropriate portion and stay within calorie budget on normal days. Non-normal days are the special occasions - holidays, birthdays, 40th anniversary celebrations, usually one every 6 weeks or so - that I don't log and worry about my calorie budget. I eat at a deficit every day so an occasional celebration won't hurt me. I'm averaging 1.5 lbs/week loss.

I've tried in the past and failed to no eat the sweets. I found that if I denied myself too long, I'd end up eating 8x the amount I should. I'd rather have 3-4 Oreos or 2 servings of ice cream than 15 and a whole pint and then some.