Anybody still eat cupcakes?

Options

Replies

• estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Box of angel food cake mix, box of chocolate cake mix. Combine both in a ziploc bag and shake to mix well.
    Add 3 tbs of mix to a mug, 2 tbs water - mix and microwave for 1 minute. I'll top it with berries and fat-free whipped cream :) mmmm...

YUM
  • kowfred
    kowfred Posts: 19
    Options
    Morph, have you tried any lowcal cookbooks? I've got a couple and they still taste great.
  • DavidJPerkins
    DavidJPerkins Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    MMMMMMMM Cupcakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just means an extra hour on the treadmill, hahahahahaha,,,,,,,,or just log it an move on. Dont do this as a Diet,,, Just Live It!
  • tiger4nikki
    tiger4nikki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yep, just every now and then I have a day where I eat what I want. My day this time will be Father's Day because we are grilling bbq chicken, my famous potato salad, baked beans, bread, desserts, etc..... Just have a day sometimes that you eat what you want. That way you're not deprived so much. And if you know a holiday or something is coming up, save your day for that. :-)
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    eat whatever you like in moderation, life's too short to deprive yourself
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    You can't deprive yourself of the things you love or you won't be able to make a life style change. Everything in moderation, if you need a cupcake, eat a cupcake and just make sure you do some extra exercise to make up for it or alternately cut back on other foods a bit to help compensate. I've also personally found that taking a multivitamin helps keep my food cravings at a minimum.
  • mjl54
    mjl54 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    NEVER:wink:
    <
    :bigsmile:
  • kikilieb
    kikilieb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    All the time! :happy:
  • morpheousneo
    morpheousneo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I did check out www.101cookbooks.com. The Ricotta scones looked fab
  • morpheousneo
    Options
    The secret of success is moderation - if you ban things totally that's all you can think about. I also love food and cooking. I ate too much and my weight crept up and now I've shed the excess pounds doing the 5:2 fast diet. I've found it pretty easy, although it does require some will-power and a bit of adjustment as for 2 non-consecutive days a week you 'fast' with just 500 calories but the rest of the time you can eat normally. Nothing is banned (you can enjoy your cupcakes!) and there are no special diet foods or strange supplements. Just eat healthy foods and enjoy your treats.

I've never been into diets but decided to try 5:2 having read about the health benefits of fasting and it has worked for me. There is a 5:2 Group on mfp with loads of people sharing their experiences and offering support and ideas if you think it might be for you.

Thanks for the advice hun. I have heard about this diet... I just do not think it is for me and the word 'diet' just makes me want to run off screaming into the hills or something.
  • morpheousneo
    Options
    If you're not on a diet, don't stop eating the foods you love. I haven't and am still losing weight. I just count them in my calories. Oh well, we have to learn to eat like regular people.

Funny! You're right. That is exactly it - training myself to eat like a regular person. Like I was really struggling with the pack of the 2 fingered kitkats the other day. I knew it would happen, so why did I buy a pack? I ate 3! I went over my sugar by plenty. Lesson hopefully learned - do not buy multi-packs of treats
  • takuwinds
    takuwinds Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My kids and I enjoy mini donuts on Saturdays. It's something we look forward to every week.
  • morpheousneo
    Options
    sure do. Normally after dinner and before beer.

That's what I like to hear!
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I still splurge all the time but if you want to still watch your calories then you should try Deep Chocolate Vitamuffins, they are sooo good and only 100 calories with 4 g protein and 9 g fiber. Only problem is I dont usually eat just one lol.
  • morpheousneo
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Yes. and donuts. and birthday cake. and fish and chips. and hot dogs topped with macaroni and cheese. and you can see from my ticker that it worked.

I eat treat foods as *treats*. I log them, or don't. But they're occasional indulgences that I enjoy, that make life fun and tasty, and that I keep in balance with many, many healthy meals.

Have a cupcake. Log it. Move on. I'm not on a diet, never was, and it sounds like you're not either.

Hot dogs topped with macaroni and cheese?! I :heart: you.

It was from Ditch Plains (UWS NY) and yummy as hell. They top them with bacon on request, as if something that great could get better.

colorbox_large.jpg?1349199856
  • morpheousneo
    Options
    Vitamuffn? Hmmm. . . I don't think we get that in the U.K though. . .
  • morpheousneo
    Options
    haha the hot dogs need some more cheese. Looks gorgeous
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I do not eat cupcakes.

... but only because they are the least satisfying of all the sweets for me. I do eat cookies, cheesecake, candy and many other "treats."

I do not eat them on a regular basis, because I have a hard time controlling portions and stopping when I should. I confine my "treat eating" to the weekend and try to eat healthy during the week. I also enjoy baking and often bake on the weekends so my family and I can enjoy sweets. I know when Monday rolls around that I am done and I get back on my plan. It works for me.

I know that others can plan a small treat every day, but for me one piece of dark chocolate at night turns into two, which turns into five, because that's the serving size on the bag. Five turns into eight just once because it was a bad day, and eventually I'm eating twelve a night.

If you eat too many calories, it will stall your weight loss, so it's up to you to figure out how sweets, treats and junk food fit into your eating plan. If you totally deny yourself things that give you great pleasure, you will eventually give in to a binge or give up altogether.
  • jhill774
    jhill774 Posts: 2
    Options
    I dont eat sweets often at all and don't crave them either. I weigh 235 and am trying to get down to 220. I am not fat per say,but I do have a stomach that makes up that extra weight. Its funny how I lose 2 lbs, then I gain 4 lbs the next day, when I didn't even eat that much and I had gone for my 2 hr workout prior.