Anybody still eat cupcakes?

Options

Replies

• jhill774
    jhill774 Posts: 2
    Options
    maybe those hardcore crunches I'm doing are turning my big stomach into big muscle and making me gain, since muscle is heavier...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    my husband buys "two bite chocolate fudge cupcakes" from the grocery store. they have 87 calories each and I love them.

I can have one and feel alright. two and feel good. more than that I'm a bloated nappy mess.

So try them find them at your store. they keep well since they are so much sugar. they come in plastic containers of a dozen tiny cupcakes.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0ov2T39UqPbte8CcuRASNTxVhIbwvmZlnEJOqrS1c3EBcX-KdjQ they look like this and taste as good as they look. since they aren't diet. they are just tiny. and cute.
  • kgkraftskaren
    kgkraftskaren Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started on a 1200 cal diet this week and it;s my Bday week so I have had mini cupcakes, cakes, pastries..............and I figured them into my diet and guess what! ?! I've lost four pounds this week and it's not just water weight.........I have been yoyo dieting since Jan, trying to settle on one! and this is theone!
  • morpheousneo
    morpheousneo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    @kowfred. Actually I have only 1 low cal cookbook but mostly I follow online recipes from sites like Good Food. Found a lovely looking veg chilli con carne recipe yesterday on Jamie Oliver's site :)
  • morpheousneo
    Options
    @MyChocolateDi . I've never seen any that tiny on my shopping trips. . . Looks yum
  • bellahopo
    bellahopo Posts: 6
    Options
    I think it's ok to have a little of what you like as long as you log all your cal's down to every bite. I struggle a lot as i love biscuits...i often fall of the wagon but try my hardest to get back on it next day. I'm on a diet in uk called Change4life and they encourage you to swap your fav foods for an healthier option rather than cutting them total from your diet.
    Claire : 0D
  • morpheousneo
    Options
    I would have eaten one yesterday while visiting my Mom at the nursing home, but they were for the residents only. Soooo, I watched as Mom ate hers. It was a sad moment...for me, not for her. She was quite happy.

Haha. Never mind, hun. I had similar moment at lunch time with my own mother. She had a massive plate that consisted of 1 whole peppered mackrel, 1 whole baguette and half an avocado. I wanted to cry when I looked at my own salad. mackrel yes but 1/3 and no baguette and tiny avocado! it was like her plate had a baby - my plate. At least she did not have cake. That i am grateful for
  • morpheousneo
    Options
    @bellahopo. Thanks Claire :)
  • Westjawja
    Westjawja Posts: 1
    Options
    If you lick the frosting off of a cupcake, you have a muffin. Muffins are good for you.
  • morpheousneo
    Options
    I do not eat cupcakes.

... but only because they are the least satisfying of all the sweets for me. I do eat cookies, cheesecake, candy and many other "treats."

I do not eat them on a regular basis, because I have a hard time controlling portions and stopping when I should. I confine my "treat eating" to the weekend and try to eat healthy during the week. I also enjoy baking and often bake on the weekends so my family and I can enjoy sweets. I know when Monday rolls around that I am done and I get back on my plan. It works for me.

I know that others can plan a small treat every day, but for me one piece of dark chocolate at night turns into two, which turns into five, because that's the serving size on the bag. Five turns into eight just once because it was a bad day, and eventually I'm eating twelve a night.

If you eat too many calories, it will stall your weight loss, so it's up to you to figure out how sweets, treats and junk food fit into your eating plan. If you totally deny yourself things that give you great pleasure, you will eventually give in to a binge or give up altogether.

Thanks hun, good advice.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    If you lick the frosting off of a cupcake, you have a muffin. Muffins are good for you.

That's funny, but muffins are one of the worst possible foods for people on a diet. And this is coming from a guy who eats fast food and ice cream almost every day, who believes there are no bad foods.
  • morpheousneo
    Options
    and hot dogs topped with macaroni and cheese.

UzOw4Y6.gif

Yes! This is me everyday! A total Homer. Sound effects and all.
  • morpheousneo
    Options
    haha, that is so cruel
  • MrsDangerousCurves
    MrsDangerousCurves Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    yes! everything in moderation...
  • morpheousneo
    Options
    Yes. and donuts. and birthday cake. and fish and chips. and hot dogs topped with macaroni and cheese. and you can see from my ticker that it worked.

I eat treat foods as *treats*. I log them, or don't. But they're occasional indulgences that I enjoy, that make life fun and tasty, and that I keep in balance with many, many healthy meals.

Have a cupcake. Log it. Move on. I'm not on a diet, never was, and it sounds like you're not either.

I had fish and chips just last night and I had a cupcake last weekend I believe. You can still eat what you love. If it's a food that you can't leave along, like cupcakes for example, don't bake a dozen or two and force yourself to maintain infinite willpower against them. Instead, go out and buy one, bring it home and enjoy it. When it's gone, you've both satisfied yourself and removed unnecessary temptation to have another, and another, and another, etc. At least that's what I have to do with any sweet baked good.

Or bake, save one and ship the rest off to the siblings. Thanks
  • Christina_3192
    Christina_3192 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I ate cake today.

It was delicious.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I ate a brownie this morning, am probably going to have a slice of pie tonight and had some cake and ice cream last week. I don't give up the good stuff, I just eat it less often.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    yup! especially if it's that time of the month... I only eat half tho'. I throw the rest in the trash... I did it 3x this week already.. lol!!!
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Yes, I eat treats and log them. I don't deprive myself if I am craving something. I also know that I can't bake cupcakes at home because they are too tempting. If I want cake, I go buy one cupcake or one slice of cake from the store.
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Yes. and donuts. and birthday cake. and fish and chips. and hot dogs topped with macaroni and cheese. and you can see from my ticker that it worked.

I eat treat foods as *treats*. I log them, or don't. But they're occasional indulgences that I enjoy, that make life fun and tasty, and that I keep in balance with many, many healthy meals.

Have a cupcake. Log it. Move on. I'm not on a diet, never was, and it sounds like you're not either.

The above person was right!

I never give up regular food...I eat butter, and anything natural instead of "diet" food. and yes you lose weight...you just log it. Like spending money...you have so much..spend it and you are done!