THE MOST DISGUSTING DIET FOOD THUS FAR..WHAT'S YOURS???

Options

Replies

• katiekatiekatie7
    Options
    Rice cakes, cannot stand them. Doesn't matter if they're supermarket's one or the branded ones like Snack a Jacks, they all taste what I imagine polystyrene would taste like :/
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    no fat/fat free cheese :sick:
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes, cannot stand them. Doesn't matter if they're supermarket's one or the branded ones like Snack a Jacks, they all taste what I imagine polystyrene would taste like :/

This!! Exactly what I was going to say, LOL! I tried rice cakes years ago and yes, they tasted - and looked and felt -- like styrofoam.
  • ChantiC
    ChantiC Posts: 137
    Options
    Funny thread!

Fiber One Brownies - those things are criminally bad. Whoever calls those 'brownies' should be called up on international fraud charges of some kind.

Agreed!!! so gross and leaves you with cotton mouth lol.

Disgusting diet foods would include PGX powder you add to food, so gross and it makes what you eat super thick and does not dissolve. No sugar added snack pack pudding. Also Cool Whip or light cool whip tastes like chemicals. Cottage Cheese! Though yes high in protein etc. the look of it grosses me right out. Stevia tastes gross. Fat free cheese slices. Unsweetened almond milk, I have tried it many times in different brands and its always gross to me. I can tolerate Silk vanilla almond milk.
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash, shiitake noodles, cauliflower pizza crust, and any kind of cake in a mug

GTFO!!! I love spaghetti squash, cauliflower pizza crust and cake in a mug!! ::::shakes fist:::
  • Emisole
    Emisole Posts: 65
    Options
    Anything with aspartame in it. Yuck!

Aspartame is VILE.
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Fat free ranch and Quest Bars.
    I haven't tried them together, but it may help.
  • I_Will_Be_The_Swan
    Options
    Stevia, Truvia, whatever it is - it makes me sick to my stomach. Sadly. I could bake snickerdoodles and lop out about a billion calories that way.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon/all spice!! ANY THING with that hideous spice: cakes, teas, muffins, cookies, potpourri, and candles, whatever. Not cinnamon allowed in my house in any way or form.

Even the smell makes me puke. Yuk!!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options

Exactly that ... I used to have them with hot sauce ... Crazy days.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Fat free Ranch Dressing. Blech! Stevia
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hi - I did that juice fast you mentioned and it tasted pretty good and Im a picky eater.

I think the nastiest diet food is all of the fake sugars - aspartame, (though splenda is not to bad like over oatmal for some reason); the fake sugar thats in the pink package (i forget the name); but all these things taste like chemicals and when they put it in soda pop, its nasty to me. i dont even like that flavor when i put it in other food.

Oh last week I tried this pouch of flavoring at Walgreens (the Nice brand); and its coconut water flavor, you mix with water, well i took a sip, and it tasted just like the stuff you drink before going to surgery.. so nasty!!! yes i think that is the nastiest thing!!!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Avocado-honey-cocoa powder "pudding" FTW
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yep thats what I am doing. I refuse to eat those diet tv dinners which do not give you enough food, and they are nasty, and I am enjoying real fruits and vegetables, with the belief that they will fill you up, and its not a diet either, its a way of eating for the rest of my life. i dont have to count calories, carbs, nothing, well i do record it on my fitness pal so that i have an idea of what i can eat or not or have more or less, however, it keeps me in check, but i do not go thru all those calculations. I am eating the same way you are and I agree - its the BEST!!!

If you eat Lean Cuisine entrees, they use a lot of powdered garlic for seasoning, and so after you eat it, you smell like garlic, especially ummmmm... when using the bathroom,, everything smells like garlic powder.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    This thread is a valuable public service. I have had more disgusting diet foods than I can recall. But, the one that traumatized me was the flax pizza crust. I was trying low carb and it was a horrible waste of cheese and pizza sauce. That was a never again it was so bad that I was making cheese and pizza sauce pizzas after that to avoid carbs.

I am not going low carb anymore, but I did learn a whole lot through that like shopping the perimeter of the store and to eat lots of veggies.
  • gracieloo8
    gracieloo8 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    spirulina. it's a superfood algae, but repulsive (smells and tastes like a dirty fish tank)
  • hilaryhill
    hilaryhill Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with aspartame or anything sugar/fat free. Nasty.

I agree with those who say to just eat real, whole food, that diet stuff is nothing but chemicals and cancer causing crap.
  • TammyS327
    TammyS327 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms calorie free "peanut butter". I put the words peanut butter in quotes because whatever Walden Farms puts in that jar is not, by any means, even distantly related to peanut butter. I don't have very discerning tastes, but it should be illegal to call that sludge peanut butter.
    This for sure! It is so bad I started to take it back to the store. Not because I wanted my money back, but just because it is soooooo bad I wanted them to take it all off of the shelves and stop selling it to unsuspecting, innocent people.
  • One_Last_Time
    Options
    WALDEN FARMS Products, 0 calories foods. DISGUSTING.
  • mq68
    mq68 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    tuna protein shake... even with honey, flax seed, chia seed, bee pollen, chocolate almond milk, orange juice, cocoa... Nothing helped cover the flavor nor smell of a half a can of tuna blended into my shake. I tried it again the next day just to make sure... YUCK! I may never have ahi sashimi again.