WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2013

Options

Replies

• megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Sorry I don't have much time to respond tonight. Yesterday was a bust ...we went to the concert venue and the posted time was wrong (it was an hour later and the gates weren't even open) and we couldn't bring in any food or beverages, and then it rained so we went home and I was having a little snit fit so apparently that exhausted me, and I fell asleep in the middle of my post.

Had aquasize this morning and the instructor was late so the lifeguard says "I have watched her do this for years" and took over LOL. She was much harder on us that the regular instructor is! Some guy got in the water and she yelled at him that he had to keep moving and join us because she couldn't teach the class and lifeguard at the same time. Well he was a good sport and did!

So we are trying for another concert tonight; this one at a winery. Skies are clear now but we are in a tornado watch. Figures!!!

To the Colorado contingent: OMG I just saw the news about the fires! Stay safe!!! Please let us know how you are doing!
    OK must run! Take care, Meg from warm Omaha!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    Options
    evening ladies,
    short post tonight I am tired... my heel hurts, have been on my feet all day. and leaving the computer on so the darn fit bit will charge.. guess it didnt charge all the way so didn't record anything today!figures.. oh well tomorrow is another day..:grumble:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Gotta get motivated.Lost my motivation and thus put on wt I took awhile to loose.
    Need to get out of my funk and move on.
    Goals-get to the gym more.
    walk outside unless it`s too humid.
    Get to the pool.
    Thanks for being there.
    HUGS
    jane
  • janemartin02
    Options
    Well did it.Pushed myself to do a 25 min walk outside.
    Gotta keep plugging ahead.
    HUGS
    jane
  • CritterSue
    CritterSue Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great job, Jane!
    Critter Sue
  • janemartin02
    Options
    tx
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    12 hour day at the office and just got home a short while ago. Think I'll just have oatmeal for dinner.

Gail, metro ATL
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    oh, yanniejannie: Runza is a fast food chain. A runza is a meat and cabbage hot sandwich totally encased in a roll. It originated in eastern Europe somewhere; Poland, Czechoslovakia or someplace like that. Made right they are delicious. Traditionally pork was used but now it's mostly ground beef. The runza chain is not so great, but I have a fabulous recipe for homemade ones. The bread is chewy and slightly sweet. Meg
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Got up, took the aluminum to the Humane Society and also dog/cat food coupons, then went to the deep water class. Actually, I started on my own so that I could leave earlier. This one gal was going to help me get connected to the WiFi at the Y, but their system was down so I'll have to try another day. Came home and the guys were here to build the pergola over the equipment pad. Vince wanted to be there to be to ensure they don't put crosspieces over the heatpump so I went to Bi-Lo. They have asparagus on sale, but they were out. Then came home and put riverrock down from about 1:30 until 6, took a shower and had dinner. Finally, got on the computer. I was so hungry I had one of those Slimful bars. It really did fill me up. I'm not sure what's in it.

Just made these petite turkey meatloaves for this week. Got the recipe from SkinnyTaste.

kathy - sure hope you're feeling better real fast. Dining room tables are nice, aren't they...???lol Tht's great that you're keeping up with your exercise despite everything.

Lucy in DE - have a great time in Philly. Don't worry, I will definitely post a pic of the pool area, probably even a few

keatsgeckos - thanks for sharing about your MMA adventure. Doesn't it feel great?

Prayers for everyone out in Colorado

Robin - I'm so very sorry to hear of your situation.

Going to do some yoga at home tomorrow, then go to the farmers market. I'm really looking forward to getting some more beets. I do have quite a few in the freezer, but I really want to try those beet greens

jane - good for you pushing yourself

Well, I am really beat, will try to lay down but then I have to give Loki his med.

Michele in NC
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Brief update on the fire in/near Colorado Springs: Thanks to Mother Nature cooperating today with clouds, less wind and even afternoon rain the Black Forest Fire went from 5% to 30% contained as of 5pm. Unfortunately, 400 homes have been destroyed and 2 confirmed deaths. Last year’s fire here was the state’s most destructive until this one (almost exactly one year later). About 10% of the evacuees have been allowed home tonight, hopefully more tomorrow. Firefighters and first responders are still working 24/7 for which we are all immensely grateful. Looking at the glass as “half full” 86% of homes in the burn area were spared/saved as of this evening. Prayers/positive thoughts requested for the continued effectiveness and safety of those who put themselves in harm’s way for the rest of us.

Brooke from Colorado

“Focus more on your dreams than your doubts.”
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Today was an amazing day for dancing. I taught my regular class with the help of one of the students who taught a new dance. After class was the semi-annual line dance party at the home of one of the students. She has a large living room with a hardwood floor perfect for dancing. I brought some CD’s and led some favorite dances along with the teacher of the intermediate class. There was a potluck lunch but since I don’t eat mayonnaise, white flour, or pork, there was nothing I could eat and I was glad I had brought along my Isagenix bars so I had a nutritious meal before leaving at 1:15 to go teach the beginner line dance class that I’m substituting in. I got home from that at 4:45 and found that Jake and the pets had bought me flowers, greeting cards, and apples and Jake had vacuumed, stripped all the bedding including blankets off the bed and washed everything and was busy fixing salad and Simple Truth organic pizza with extra veggies for dinner to be served on the table that had been prepared for Shabbat. After the wonderful dinner I walked the dogs and am preparing for a long sleep with no big responsibilities tomorrow except dog walking.

:heart: Barbie from sunny NW Washington

“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else: you are the one who gets burned”---Buddha

June Resolutions (with week two updates)
    *dig out the rest of the back yard flower bed that’s full of rocks and terrible dirt (Jake started it, but I’ve done nothing)
    *be agreeable---say “OK” (excellent, so far)
    *strength training once a week (nothing yet)
    *act the way I want to feel (excellent, so far)

[img][/img]194904olsgis3xqe.gif
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Gardengail: I hope you like oatmeal. You deserve to enjoy your food.:flowerforyou:

Brooke: Firefighters are heroes. :love: They’re in my prayers as are all the people affected by or threatened by the fires. Every little bit of good news is a blessing.:flowerforyou:

Barbie: I love the story of your day. Jake is a very good guy. You’re both lucky to have one another.:flowerforyou:

Today we shopped for groceries and visited with neighbors. Nothing is story worthy, but it was pleasant. We had a landscaper out to discuss a possible paver walkway between our house and our neighbor’s house. He’ll work up an estimate and send us a bid. I hope it is reasonable enough that we can all afford it. It would really improve DH’s safety in the yard. We’re getting ready for our trip east, but even better, we have plans to see our son tomorrow for the first time since December. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it really happens.:flowerforyou: ( I'm not worried about it, just eager.)

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

June goals:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Move more.
  • Breezy3
    Breezy3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am 62 and was looking for support from some older folks. I have been here before and bombed, but have a new determination and will drop this weight. Please add me as a friend so we can interact with each other.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Today has been one of those days that I just really have done nothing!:blushing: I'm still sore from the one machine I started yesterday at the Y. My back hurts a little bit and my right foot has it's pretty occasional numbness which is from my MS. So I haven't done a lot! So no exercise calories to eat off and have had to watch a little more what I ate. Cheddars apparently has it's calories in MFP nutritional data base. I have convinced DH that it's not the best place to eat for some one who needs to watch his diet after a heart attack but it's comfort food for him and sometimes he really misses it. So tonight was the night. Plus I don't know why he picks Friday night. You have to be there by 4:30 if you want immediate seating and he is not a patient waiter. So I had the grilled chicken pecan salad without the roll. I picked the pecans out and ate them as kind of a desert.

Does anyone know how many hours you have to be fasting for a lipid profile. DH has his lab work and I think he is going to go on Monday. Also he is very cold. He can have his favorite quilted denim shirt, hat on and his hands are still freezing. His 'compromise temp for the house is 73! So our family doc has some labs for that, B12 level and thyroid studies. I hope they can do something because our next car is going to have to have dual temp controls in it.

I finally got a hold of SIL today and oh of course, she wouldn't miss going to see her Mom for her birthday at all. Why would she want to do that!!! Well maybe because the only time she has gone is when MIL was able to go out to eat and we had the whole family out to a steak place and we paid for SIL and her entire families meal. So it's cupcakes next week! It will be on Saturday and not her birthday which is on Wednesday but we will make it out there on Wednesday anyway and I will make sure that her first of the monthly flower arrangements gets out there on Wednesday. I kind of got on her about her not providing us with a pone number so that if something happens to her Mom we can get in touch with her. And if it's like the last time she will arrive at the hospital crying and takes over because she is the daughter and 'I'm not even a family member'. That's what she said last time!!!! I have been a daughter in law for over 40 years. I AM part of the family.

OK, that's enough rant for one night. Goodnight, Joyce
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Hope you`re all doing well! This is my last day of conference, while it`s been fun and exciting to see people I only get to see once a year, I am tired:yawn: , and I`m ready to get back into my normal routine! I may sleep at lot tomorrow:yawn: :laugh: !

Prayers for those in Co., thank you Brooke for keeping us updated!

Have a wonderful day ladies! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in beautiful sunny NC:glasses:
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Bump for now.
  • nonnicee
    nonnicee Posts: 38
    Options
    Good morning ladies!!! I wanted to give an update for those that are praying with me regarding situation with DH. I continue to see improvement in the situation. Still praying that DH eyes are opened to the dispicable way the young woman has been using him and for him to sever the emotional relationship that developed.

Again, I am seeing tremendous progress...I just need closure.

Oh, I am down to 154 lbs. Again...stress is no way to lose weight, but I'll take it!!

ALL the BEST!!

Mary C in TN
    Pg 8
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Love coming here and catching up with all of you! :flowerforyou:

Didn't get to the pool this am due to oversleeping and waking up with a doozy of a sinus headache. :grumble: Hoping to at least get some errands done after taking a nap. I am finally happy with the way my house looks at the moment! Still have lots of desks and cabinets to de-clutter but the open areas look soooo much better!!

Joyce - If I remember right, my DH had to fast for 12 hrs last time he had a lipid panel. Good for you speaking up with SIL and yes you are definitely part of the family and do so much for your MIL! :flowerforyou:

Sorry I can't reply to more of you. It's hard to concentrate right now. Sending positive thoughts to all my MFP gals!

Kathy in once again gloomy, rainy IL :drinker:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

Does anyone know how many hours you have to be fasting for a lipid profile. DH has his lab work and I think he is going to go on Monday. Also he is very cold. He can have his favorite quilted denim shirt, hat on and his hands are still freezing. His 'compromise temp for the house is 73! So our family doc has some labs for that, B12 level and thyroid studies. I hope they can do something because our next car is going to have to have dual temp controls in it.

Joyce, everything I've read says a 12 hour fast for a lipid profile........I do that once a year and I dread the 12 hours without food.

I am cold like your husband so I wear long underwear (the kind you buy for skiing) under my shirts and pants and wear wool socks. that way I can co-exist with the rest of the world.....I also have fleece jackets that I wear in the house, as needed.

:bigsmile: Barbie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Joyce: I don’t know anything about lipid profiles, but it sounds like Barbie is an expert. I hope your DH gets his tests done and learns how to take care of his heart. Your plan for the dinner out sounds like it will work well. Your sister in law sounds like the baby of the family, regardless of her actual birth order position. Luckily for her, your MIL has you to look after her. :flowerforyou:

Mary C: I ‘m glad to hear about the progress you’re making in your personal life and hope your closure comes soon. It sounds like you’re doing well with your weight loss. :flowerforyou:

Tomorrow is Father’s Day, and I’m struggling to think of something nice to do for DH. Advice is welcome and encouraged. We do have a visit with our son today and DH is looking forward to that. He doesn’t want to be bothered with giving a list of gift possibilities; the visit is gift enough. Our son is in the military and has been away for several months. I’m looking forward to his visit, too.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

June goals:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Move more.