WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2013

Options

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the quick update JB. We were all wondering how it went. Hope and pray she has a full recovery. Good luck with the dentist appointment.

My neurologist has a nice policy with the HIPPA law. Every year with my annual check up the nurse goes through each name on it, is the name the same, is the phone # the same, do I want to remove some one? My family doctor just has me review it to see if it is still correct. When my husband had his heart attack I was asked to choose a password that anyone calling in for info from the nurses station had to be able to give out. I didn't have to make a list. I know when I was working as a nurse if some one called wanting info and they weren't on the list I would simply take a phone number and ask a family member to call them if they chose to do so. That way it wasn't up to me to give out info. If the family or patient didn't want info given out it was on their shoulders.

Joyce
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Sue in Tx- that was one of the last sentences my mom spoke to me. A son is a son till he takes him a wife, a daughter's a daughter the rest of her life.. I did alot of caretaking near the end.. that was 13 yrs ago..
    Having some tummy troubles this am so not hitting the gym, but have to be to work at 7:30 this morning..
    Hope everyone will have a super day:flowerforyou:
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Welcome to everyone new! Come in often and chat!!!

Barbie :smile: Beef stew with lots of veggies:love: , sounds so yummy!

Heather :smile: I used to love to watch Nigella Lawson on the Food chanel, she always made such yummy things. What a shame she`s having such problems!

Robin :smile: Wish we could just zap the “shewhocannotbenamed” away:tongue: !!! Hope you found some motivation once you got home!

JaneMartin :smile: Sun and 70 degrees sounds like a perfect day:glasses: :love: !

Joyce :smile: Sometimes it takes time for the scale to show your hard work, have you taken measurements? It seems to show up there first! Good luck with your appt. on the 28th!

Tigress :smile: Congrats!!! Great that you`re keeping your blood sugar level!!!

Sue in SD :smile: I love cherries too:love: , yummy!!!

Pat (Phoo) :smile: I think you`re doing an awesome job!!!

Juanita :smile: Happy belated birthday:flowerforyou: !!! Dark chocolate pomegranate treats sound yummy!

Michele :smile: I`m hoping once you get to Spain things with Bryan will improve, maybe face to face will be just what you need to sort out all this! Sounds like you will have a nice visit in several wonderful places, wish I could go with you!!! Keep positive thoughts about Bryan!!!! Hope you’re a/c gets repaired today, sometimes it more the humidity that gets us rather than the heat!

Sue in TX :smile: Fantastic golf game, congrats!!! Hope for a repeat for you today!!! Hope the itchiness has subsided!!!

Terri :smile: What a wonderful list of things your thankful for!!!

Katla :smile: Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! Hope things with your daughter work out the way it needs to!

Connie :smile: Here lately I feel like I`ve been on a sodium fest:grumble: , I can stay under on my calories but if I eat out often my sodium goes through the roof:angry: ! I tend to be up a few pounds after a night of high sodium, just remember to drink lots of water:drinker: to flush it out!

Gail :smile: Thanks for reminding me I need to update some of my documents!

Jb :smile: Fabulous news on Mariah:flowerforyou: !!! Will continue sending prayers!!! Hope your dentist appt. goes well!!!

Grandmallie :smile: Hope your tummy troubles go away soon:flowerforyou: !!!

I had yet another high sodium day yesterday:grumble: , thanks to the delicious pizza I had for lunch, so it`s water, water and more water:drinker: for me today.
    Have a wonderful day ladies!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in finally sunny again NC:bigsmile: :glasses:
  • nanasorchid52
    Options
    Afternoon beautiful ladies!

Just a quick post during lunch in between gardening and washing! The weather here is due to change tomorrow so I am determined to make the most of it! Just had home made leek and cannellini bean soup and stewed rhubarb from the garden. I am so full I might have to wait before I start again!

I went to 2nd GD's class assembly today - the theme was perseverance. It made me thing of our weight loss journeys as the story unfolded. My GD was the hare from the Aesop fable. The conversation I found so endearing with her cousin last weekend then made sense as she showed her how she could whistle. When her cousin was disappointed she couldn't she explained about perseverance.

So ladies we need to listen to a 5 year old! Don't be disappointed by the small ups and downs on the scale - keep going!!

Well must dash
    Keep smiling
    Jo
    UK WALES
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!

It is a beautiful morning out there, and we have had so much rain that it is very much appreciated. Yesterday we had the Phillies game with the tickets we won and I was worried because the weather was so bad, but although they had a 70 minute rain delay, they had the game after all. Our seats were wonderful, and we were under cover so we never got wet. It was an awesome game, and they won! Because of the delay and the traffic, we didn’t get home until late and I never got to bed until after midnight. I still managed to get up early this morning and do my run. My legs are really SORE today, but the good kind of sore (I think). All this running up and down hills is hard on this 60 year old body, but it also is exhilarating! I don’t know how I can ever go back to the TM.

:noway: CritterSue – I’ll never understand how people can be so cruel to sweet little animals. Jezzy is lucky to have found you, and I guess the other way around too!

:ohwell: Barbie – My butt always gets sore from gardening, but I can relate to being sore today as my legs are screaming at me!

:embarassed: Gail – I’m glad I’m not the only one who acts like a baby in a thunderstorm! We’ve had some doozies here too!

:heart: Michele – You are so sweet! Maybe someday when we retire to NC I can come over and pick up those sauerkraut pierogies! I can totally relate to your fear of not having enough food for gatherings. I do the same thing whenever we have a dinner or a party, and I always have too many leftovers! Someday, Bryan will be sorry about the way he treated you. I will say that I’ve had periods of time in my life that I had no relationship with each of my children, (at different times), but time heals all wounds, and they have matured, and we have a great relationship today. I hope the same for you and Bryan.

:wink: Kathy – So funny that you mentioned stocking up on things at Bath & Body Works. They must be having the same sale everywhere, as I also had a coupon and did the same thing!

:smile: Joyce – We put off doing a will and POA until my ex-husband passed away last year. He got cancer, and within a month he was gone. Makes you realize how quickly things can change. I have children and my new husband does not. I wanted to make sure that they were cared for after I pass, so we made the effort to get it done. The lawyer was very helpful and the process was easy. It was definitely worth it for the peace of mind it gave me.

:flowerforyou: Juanita – Happy Belated Birthday! What a wonderful idea to get plants instead of having dinner out. When I lived in Philly, my daughter would come over and help me plant every year. It was the best Mother’s Day gift she could give me, and now that we’ve both moved, I miss those times we spent together gardening.

:angry: Yanniejannie – This is why the system doesn’t work, but what else is new right?

:flowerforyou: Heather – BREATHE! I hope you can enjoy the party and the B&B as well. I’ve learned (through support groups) to take things one day at a time (even one hour at a time if need be) and not to predict an outcome (good or bad) until the event transpires. Sometimes I would worry and worry about things that never happened and realized it was just a waste of time. Now I just let it go and deal with problems as they arise, and sometimes, they never do!

:smile: Jeri – It sounds like you have a good solid plan. Good luck!

:drinker: Sandy in ON – My sodium always tends to be high, but since I’ve been making an effort to drink more, I don’t feel the effects as much. Of course, I AM in the bathroom a lot, but it’s a small price to pay.

:glasses: Jodios – So sorry you got sick on vacation, but welcome back.

:heart: Katla – I can relate to your situation and know that if you come from a place of love, your support for your daughter will be obvious. Best of luck in dealing with a difficult situation.

:drinker: Connie – Good for you keeping within your calories! Drink lots of water and you’ll get rid of the sodium in no time.

:heart: Jb – Thanks for the update on Mariah. We are all praying for her and waiting to hear some more good news.

:wink: Jo – Out of the mouths of babes, right? Sometimes they are wise beyond their years.

Congrats to all on their success, and hugs to all who are struggling. Hang in…..it gets better!

GOALS FOR JUNE:
    Increase weights for circuit training to 5 pounds each.
    Consistent logging
    Drink at least 9 glasses of water a day
    Find an exercise class I enjoy

Hugs,
    Lucy in DE.:bigsmile:
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Good Morning- Hope you all have something fun planned for yourselves today!

Jb- Thank you for telling us about Mariah. We will continue to pray for strength, healing, & good biopsy results. Sorry that you have to go to the dentist; I just do not do dental work well.

Grandmallie- Hope your tummy feels better.

Michelle- Everytime I read a post about your relationship w/ your son, my heart hurts. I would love to say magic words and fix it all for you, but I have none. Just keep loving him because that is all you can do. Be honest w/ him about the hurt and the love, and then give the whole situation over to God. Love works miracles. Enjoy the rest of your trip, it looks like a wonderful itinerary!

Going up to Tucson today to spend time w/ a 98 year old awesome Lady. She had to have surgery on a femur break yesterday, and I am going to give prayers, support and love. She is such a fiesty gal that I know she will be home soon, but we do all worry about the people we love...... it is what we do best, right?

Have a great day, everyone..

Pat
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    :noway: Well the plateau is back, even though I upped my calories that week and lost. I believe now that I’ve gone another 10 days with no loss that I’ll experiment with eating back all of my exercise calories (I’ve been eating back some or none). I’ve had differing input from others about the “yay or nay” on this, but will give it a try for a week and see what my body says. Wish me luck! :noway:

JB – Awesome news about Mariah! Continued prayers for a positive pathology report and full recovery :flowerforyou:

Jo – Thanks for the reminder about perseverance. “Out of the mouths of babes” :wink:

Katla – Safe travels from Wyoming to Colorado, sure you’ll be encountering windy conditions along the way (I always do). I’m certain you’ll be able to communicate honestly and with compassion when you share with your daughter. :smile:

Heather – I agree completely with what Barbie said, your testimony to the health and happiness of your marriage is inspiring. Thanks for sharing with all of us! :heart:

Jodi – Glad you had fun in the sun, sorry you had to deal with being sick for a few of those days. You managed to work in a lot of exercise while there, so kudos to you for that. :drinker:

Robin – “The Dementors” - - what a great description for SWSNBN (she who shall not be named). Hang in there, you’re stronger than she is horrid. Don’t forget it!!!!!! :bigsmile:

Terri – Thanks for the reminder to be thankful (and express it) each day :happy:

Lucy – So great that you had such good seats (and outcome) at the Phillies game! We’re going to see our AAA team on Tuesday ($2 Tuesdays, tickets/parking/beer each $2) weather permitting. I’m in awe that you and others here run, as I’ve said before I don’t think I could run even if zombies were chasing me :laugh:

Brooke from Colorado

“It is not what you look at that matters, it is what you see.”
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Hi all and thankyou for your kind words. I let DH have a little look at Barbie' s "quote box" and he was really touched and he said how much he appreciates me. So we all appreciate each other! :love:

My PB2 has arrived and I have been enjoying putting in my wraps and on my rice cakes. I am pleasantly surprised at how it tastes, though I can taste the sugar in it. My favourite real peanut butter is Whole Earth Crunchy, which is very wholesome, but irresistible and fattening, so I am happy to have this low fat variety to help with snack cravings.

Last night while DH was out I had a tiny bit of a binge, which I haven't had for at least six months. Nothing too awful, but a lot of sodium went down in the form of cheese. 2 lbs up this morning.:embarassed: It will probably have gone by tomorrow. I'm going to have my spinach and turkey burgers tonight with asparagus and 'cauliflower rice' , which is new to me. Thought I'd give it a try. I downloaded a 5/2 book onto my Kindle, not because I'm going to do 5/2, but because I thought there might be a few suggestions in there for saving calories. This was one of them.

Lucy - you are absolutely right and I know myself well enough to know that I will enjoy myself when I get there. I spoke to my DSIL today on the phone and she is SO excited. She wanted us to help her pick the wine for the meal, so that was fun. I said, when we prebooked the meal that I wouldn't have any dessert, but would have a spoonful of whoever's is sitting next to me.. Her boyfriend says he wants to sit next to me so I can have some of his! I hope whoever is on the other side might feel the same way! :laugh:
    I have ordered crab risotto and slow cooked pork with black pudding (my favourite thing). Not remotely slimming, but I reckon if I lay off potatoes etc the damage will be limited and DSIL is only 60 once!

This morning I painted my toenails a dark, metallic blue and put a very light layer of fake tan on my legs, mixed with moisturiser. My legs never see daylight so the little colour this has given them is an improvement. I haven't done them much higher than the knees! ! :bigsmile: :laugh:

Nothing on TV tonight so we are going to watch one of my Lovefilms about Istanbul, called Men on the Bridge. DH has been there a couple of times and loved it, but I never have.

Michele - have a wonderful time in Europe. Paris is my favourite city. If I won the Lotto I would buy an apartment there. Just walking along the Seine makes me so happy.:bigsmile: :heart:

Love to all and keep on trucking!

Heather in warm Hampshire UK
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Overcast, breezy, humid, but not terribly hot. Made it to the gym today for exercise class; also did some on the eliptical and treadmill at an incline...........and working on my squats (almost there for today!!!)---thanks for the challenge, kevrit!

When I got home, I had gorgeous goldfinches all over the thistle feeder, a chickadee and a couple cardinals on another feeder, and a hummer at his feeder. My tall phlox is starting to open
    looking straggly (I'm sure due to not enough sun) but the hydrangea is absolutely a sight
    just massive dark blue/purple with cream centers. Never have I seen it looking better.

Jb........so glad for the update on Mariah........poor baby.........best of luck on the path reports

Michele...........very much hoping that the "frost" melts once your son actually sees you and can see you smiling at everyone, including his bride.........I know, I'm like you in that I prepare myself for the worst, then anything else is a plus

I've been critical (I know) about medicine as it is today.......in explaination and disclosure.......I graduated in 1972 as an RN and worked until I became pregnant at 39 . I've been a staff nurse, asst. head nurse, charge nurse, and shift supervisor. I've interviewed, hired, oriented, written and given performance reviews, done corrective counseling, terminated the employment of unsatisfactory employees, and done exit interviews. I did refuse the mainly admin. type jobs. I've had jobs that I liked more than others, like everyone else. The utter lack of knowledge and caring (over and over) that I witnessed when my mother was ill will stay with me forever. For example........the 3-11 RN who actually said she "didn't have time for this" when my mother had chest pain because she was doing an admission, the aide who told me "she's wearing a diaper, just have her go in that" because she didn't want to help get mom up to the bathroom, the RN who performed a procedure incorrectly in front of me and when I questioned her told me "this is how we do it now"........my mother did have an adverse effect and when I later spoke with a hospital shift supervisor I was told that I had been correct and the procedure was done incorrectly. I could very easily give you many, many more examples. Yes, I'm bitter. Yes, I'm angry. ............and I don't think I'll ever get past it. The only thing I'm sorry about is that I didn't pursue the legal options; when she died I was so exhausted it took forever to just pick myself up again..........and all through it I was trying to keep life semi-normal for a 12 year old who got way too used to doing homework in hospital settings. I don't know where medicine is going; what I do know is that I have every intention of controlling my death if at all possible.

OK
    vent
    or whatever that was, over, ladies
    yanniejannie.....mid-Atlantic
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    I just love reading the updates on everyone and makes me feel like a part of the family. My day started out pretty sober as 14 years ago today we lost our oldest son Gary. He was 25 and his 1st daughter was only 20 months old and his second was born 3 days after he passed. Miss him and keep telling myself the Blessings he left are a comfort. It is hot here again today. Rain missed us the last couple days so DH turned on the sprinklers. Planning on working out in the wellness center at the hospital where I work after I get off. Glad to have the place, just need to get there more often then I do.

Jodios- Welcome back and hope you feel better soon.

Freefatty- Welcome this is a great group. It took me awhile to figure out DH and others like that.

Barbie- I signed up for a challenge and then didn't understand what or how I was to log. There is alot of computer things I don't understand alot about.

SueSD- I love bing cherries, have to have DH pick some up on way home from work. We got a bullet and he mixes several kinds of fruit together and I really enjoy that. Keeps me getting lots of fruit.

Grandmalli- we got our bullet at Shopko on sale for $20. At first I didn't think we would use it much. But love it for mixing fruit and making smoothies.. Hope you feel better soon.

MicheleNC- I sure hope things go better after your son is married. Sons are harder to stay close to as the wife has alot of say in what they do. I try and call my son atleast once a week and talk. My GD who is 5 helps alot as she will have him call so she can talk to me. This is bad as we live in the same town. But they spend alot of time with her family. Your trip sounds like so much fun. I have never been out of the states and not sure I want to go anywhere I have to fly. Planes scare me!!

Katla- Good Luck with your daughter. I know I pray for my children everyday. They also know I will tell them what I think if given the chance.

jb- Great new about Mariah. Pray the report and recovery all go well. God does good work!!

Brooke- One day at a time. I like trying different things and sometimes eating my exercise calories and sometimes not. I keep telling myself I did not gain all this weight over night and I will not loose it overnight. Important thing is not giving up and realize it is a life style change, not a diet.

Heather- Your marriage is a Blessing to hear about. Marriage takes alot of work and being able to share with your spouse the ups and downs makes a big differnce. I know that my DH and I have learned to depend on each other and that great.
    Hope you have a wounderful time celbrating DSIL 60th birthday. What a Blessing to spend time with people we love.

Yanniejannie- I want to come sit in your yard and enjoy the birds and flowers. I find that so relaxing. I understand how you feel about hospital and some of these younger carestaff people. I have worked at the hospital switchboard for almost 26 years. I started out as aide in skilled unit. Got hurt twice and moved to switchboard 23 years ago. The changes I have seen scare me. I know that I tell people when you are in the hospital you need someone with you at all times so they know what is going on and can interven when needed.

Well hope everyone has a nice evening and keep on keeping on.

Blessings, VickigiNebraska
  • Suzy_in_DE
    Suzy_in_DE Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone –
    We finally have a beautiful day here in Delaware, sunny, 80’s and low humidity. Best of all, no rain!!!!
    :flowerforyou: PNW – sorry about your boss, can make for a long week.
    :smokin: Lucy – glad you had a good time at the Phillies game and managed to stay dry!
    :brokenheart: Vickil57 – sorry for your loss, those anniversaries are always tough.

From a goal perspective, I've done really well all week w/food and exercise, but still no movement on the scale. :angry: But I figure persistence will eventually pay off.

Enjoy the longest day of the year,
    Suzy
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Well I decided that it wasn't doing me any good to keep on seeing that 33 pounds lost on my ticker when it was non longer true. So I updated it. Plus on the 7th I took my measurements and added those and redid those today. So Wednesday is my day to do blood sugar, weight and measurements. I have lost a total of 4 inches since the 7th. I need something to celebrate:flowerforyou: So 4 inches is 4 inches.

Today is MIL birthday so we are headed to the NH to see her for a little bit although her party won't be until Saturday.

Joyce
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    JB: I am so happy to hear the surgery went well for Mariah. Keep us posted on the situation. So far, you have cause to celebrate.:flowerforyou:

Michele: Keeping positive thoughts for your trip to Spain. I know how much heartache it has caused up to now and hope for good times during your trip.:flowerforyou:

I am here in sunny and very warm Colorado! :glasses: The trip was pleasant enough. My car handles wind exceptionally well and there is always some wind to contend with in Wyoming.:tongue: Today wasn’t unpleasant other than having to pump my own gas. Ugh! :grumble: I have managed to get others to do it for me, usually DH, when we travel outside Oregon until this trip. Last night I swam laps in the hotel pool to burn off the calorie overload from eating a Taco Bell taco salad. I was proud of myself for doing it. Thanks to the swim, I squeaked in under my calorie allowance. :bigsmile: I talked to DH on the phone for a bit while I was driving. He is having a good time visiting his sister and is feeling good. It has been fun for me to take this trip on solo, and it is good for him to have sibling time. After bringing my things and groceries into the house, I picked up DGD from the babysitter and we went for a walk to a nearby park. She’s having her nap now.:bigsmile:

Katla in Sunny Colorado for now

June goals:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Move more.
  • msstallion38
    Options
    newbie here.

I will be 51 in a few days and I started my weight loss journey on May 1. My focus then was just getting started, you know, get moving and i started walking daily for 1/2 hour and now i'm up to 1 hr a day walking 6 days a week. my sister told me about myfitnesspal and i joined on Memorial days and began recording my caloric intake. I am now ready to take it to the next level. today my doctor told me to use a 1200 calorie a day plan and am looking for support which is why I am here. I am aiming to lose 70 pounds and am optimistic about the journey.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you :).
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day.
    jb-thanks for the update.
    Had a nice day,hubby and I had lunch together and did some grocery shopping.
    Took Violet to her fav water park.
    Gonna relax and see what the hawks do tonite.
    Have a good night!!
    HUGS
    jane
  • CritterSue
    CritterSue Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Checking in. Not feeling well, so just going to take it easy and watch my Boston Bruins tonight. Having pain in right ribcage, going to doctor on Friday.
    Jb-so glad Mariah came through surgery okay. Hoping there will be more good news soon.
    Welcome, msstallion38! I just joined also. Nice people here!
    Hope you all have a great week!
    Critter Sue:smile:
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    We must be getting close to the 500 post mark again! I missed posting yesterday and just now caught up. Been really busy at work and at home. I've been doing great with my calories. I have been going over on my sugar intake, mostly due to fruit. I'll have to find a way to lower that while still getting the fruit in. I am diabetic but food and exercise controlled. If I don't bring my carb intake down some, I will be headed for trouble.

I wish I could respond to everyone, but simply can't. Way too many interesting posts and stories. This is the first group I've ever joined and participated in for any length of time.

Rori - I love the kitty doing pushups you have.

Gail - Thanks for posting the link to the weight by age and height chart. Great information!

Megblair1 - You asked how I keep track of my goals. Well i use this site, my fitbit, my STRIIV, and simply guess-ti-mate (estimate) the rest! Nothing too strenuous.

Terri - The portable stair stepper I got from Aldi does work when watching TV. Standing on it, I can only do about 5 minutes before my legs start hurting.

JB - Great news about Mariah! Still praying, sending hugs, and thinking of you both.

Juanita - Happy belated birthday!

YannieJennie - You are welcome about my starting the squat challenge. This is my second time around and I think I might even do it a third time! I like the results I'm getting from doing this!

Well, that's it for tonight. Have a great evening everyone!

Rita from Tennessee.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Heather, we buy fresh peanuts ground into peanut butter so there is no added sugar or oil…..doesn’t keep the calories all that low but it’s all healthy…..I have it either in a chocolate Isagenix shake or with apple slices.

:flowerforyou: Vicki, I’ve learned a lot about the computer by using this site…..this site is the first time I ever joined something online or ever posted on a message board…..keep coming back…..you’ll surprise yourself.

:flowerforyou: Katla, taking a trip solo is fun if you don’t have to do it all the time.

:flowerforyou: Msstallion, welcome to our supportive community….be sure to come back every day and read the posts and jump into the conversation…weight loss after age 50 is possible if you make it a high priority and learn everything you can about healthy eating and exercise…..take It one day at a time.:flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: Jb, thanks for the update.

:bigsmile: Rita, thanks for encouraging us to join the squat challenge.

:flowerforyou: We are only at 338 posts, but when it gets to 500, the site will start a new thread (part Two) and put a link to it at the bottom of the 500th post so you can find it.

:bigsmile: Danced this morning and then went to lunch with a group of the dancers….we have to move out of the location we’ve been dancing in for five years because they plan to double the rent, so on the way over to lunch, several of us stopped off to take a look at a new place we can dance…….not the same beautiful view out the window and we’ll have to park on city streets instead of a parking lot, but otherwise the new place will be fine.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else: you are the one who gets burned”---Buddha

June Resolutions (with week two updates)
    *dig out the rest of the back yard flower bed that’s full of rocks and terrible dirt (Jake started it, but I’ve done nothing)
    *be agreeable---say “OK” (excellent, so far)
    *strength training once a week (nothing yet)
    *act the way I want to feel (excellent, so far)

[img][/img]194904olsgis3xqe.gif
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. Happy Hump day. I see after not being here yesterday I have four pages to catch up on so I shall do my best. Yesterday we did photos at church for the directory and bought some extras for gifts (one for us) and Christmas cards! I feel like have accomplished something! Today was kind of a blah day. I didn’t really feel well…hard to put my finger on it. Slight headache, slight GI issues, tired. I got three chapters of the test bank done, took the dog to the vet for what I hope is our last visit and blood draw at the specialist’s, and took DD#2 to open a checking account. Didn’t get many steps in.

I got my fitbit weekly report and my daily average was about 5600 even with two days a week that are low because of water aerobics. So I’m going to increase my goal to 6500 and that should give me 6000 average.

Phoo: good for you to get those veggies in. Your salad sounded great. I love veggies way more than fruit. Fruit always looks and smells so yummy and then it’s so disappointing because it’s not ripe, it’s squished, or something. Good news on the weight loss

Gail: great nsv!!!

Rori: how are the fires in your area? Safe travels to KC, that’s only about 2 ½ hours from here

Terri : your seminar sounded fascinating. My kids are from an orphanage in Russia and they have definitely been affected by their early lives. DD#1 has some sort of cognitive deficit. Both of them have a strongly ingrained defense mechanism “I didn’t want that anyway”. WE see it most with DD#1 and her “boyfriends”. When she gets in a disagreement with one of them, she won’t discuss any of it. She just breaks up. And then has the attitude “I didn’t’ really like him anyway”.

Michele: I think the perogies are Mrs. Smiths but I’ll have to check for sure. Key lime cake…YUM I sure hope you are wrong about Brian

Kathy: I love Bath and Body works, but they seem to not have nearly as many floral scents as they used to. I loved their plumeria line. Cant get it any more

Thisisit: so glad your migraines are gone!

Joyce: I agree with what you said about how that preplanning shows love

Ohiomom: you have been missed!

DeeDee: will things slow down for you soon?

Juanita: HAPPY BIRTHDAY~~~~~

Suzy: you may have to go in on that ark with me, although we are starting to dry out a bit

Yanniejannie: you sound like you have had some bad experiences with HIPAA from people who didn’t understand it. The nurse who refused you information about your mom? I would have asked to speak to the manager, and if that didn’t work, each facility has to have a HIPAA compliance officer who would straighten it out. Yikes those experiences sound bad. I have had many similar experiences to the bad care you have seen and it is very disappointing to me as an educator (and consumer), but I just keep telling my students how they have to have the courage to do the right thing, every time, with every patient, in every situation no matter what. If they don’t have that courage, they should get out of nursing!!!

Jb: sounds like agreat victory to me!

Heather: I love hot food and I love curry, but what’s paneer? Nigella Lawson has been in our news as well. I am not familiar with her cooking though

Jeri: so sorry to hear about your illness and glad you are on the road to recovery! Stay well

SandY : I had a bad sodium week too

Tere: so glad you were safe in the storms!

Vicki: I bet you are glad to see that new roof! I’m sorry you are hurting over the loss of your son. Nothing ever lessens missing them, does it?

Jodios: glad you are home safe and sound now you need to take care and feel better!

Free: welcome to the site. DH is ‘dear hubby”. You can also do DD (Dear daughter), DSIL (dear son in law). Etc.

Barbie: love seeing the kitty cat

Jane: nice to see you

Tigress: nice to have you stop by too!

Sue: I love cherries. They aren’t so great down here yet

Terri: thanks for sharing the things you are thankful for. I often forget how many I things I should be grateful for

Katla: praying you will have the wisdom to speak the truth kindly and for DD to have the wisdom to listen and truly hear

Connie: chinese is our go=-to food when we need something fast! I was so sorry to learn about your dog

Gail: great idea about the contact information

Jb: Mariah continues to be in my prayers! And you too!

Jo: out of the mouth of babes!

Lucy: I watched part of the baseball game

Brooke: a pox on the plateau! You’ll be losing again soon!

Ms.stallion: welcome to our group. What a great photo!!!

Crittersue: get to feeling well soon!

Well this is getting to be quite long! I’d better go finish up the menu and grocery list for next week. Tomorrow is grocery shopping day. I’m also going to a plumbing showroom to see if I can get a large towel rack to match the fixtures in our basement bathroom. I got them 3 years ago, so maybe not, but we’ll see.
    Have a good evening everyone. Meg from Omaha home of the college world series
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Just got a call that my dear father-in-law who has been in the hospital for several days for poor breathing symptoms has now been diagnosed with lung cancer. Requesting healing thoughts/prayers. Also to include my dear MIL who is recovering from her own recent surgery and I know is worried beyond words. Thank you all . . '

Brooke from Colorado

“Every day is a second chance.”