WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2013

Options
barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,946 Member
2270237xj748oc1n7.gif

:flowerforyou: :bigsmile: Welcome to a most supportive and encouraging community of women. The title says women ages 50+ but all women are welcome.

:flowerforyou: This is a thread that has been continued each month for many years. Some of us have been posting for a long time, others are newer, and new members are welcome at any time. All you have to do to become a member of our community is to post and then you’ll find this thread listed under “My Topics” so you can keep coming back.

:flowerforyou: Many of us create goals and resolutions for each month…sometimes new ones and sometimes the same ones over and over…..some are about weight loss and others are about behaviors and attitudes.

:flowerforyou: How did you do with your goals and resolutions for May?

:flowerforyou: What goals or resolutions have you planned for June?

:flowerforyou: I read this thread every day and look forward to being connected to all of you.....many of us sign our posts with a personal name and a geographical location :bigsmile:

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington
1461351h0otf8hco5.gif

Resolutions for May (with end of the month comments)
*walk at least 18,000 steps a day----23,000 steps a day average (did better than this)
* putter in the yard 5 days a week, 15-60 minutes each day (got a lot done in the yard)
*cook with tofu once a week (three weeks out of four)
*be agreeable----say “OK” (this should be an ongoing resolution for me…..I do better all the time, but frequently miss the mark and revert to my old self-centered ways)

June Resolutions
*dig out the rest of the back yard flower bed that’s full of rocks and terrible dirt
*be agreeable---say “OK”
*strength training once a week
*act the way I want to feel

Replies

• yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Thank you again, Barbie:flowerforyou:
    Will be back tomorrow with goals for June
    Deb A in CNY
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I'll jump into June with you, Barbie. Thanks for starting up my favorite thread again.

Here are my May goals / results:

Weight Sessions: Goal - 10 per month Actual - 6

Weight Lifted: Goal - 2,000,000 lbs for the year = 833,333 lbs YTD Actual - 147,645 lbs in May = 915,380 lbs YTD

Cardio Sessions: Goal - 15 Actual - 12

Cardio Minutes: Goal - 10 hours Actual - 9.6 hours

Didn't meet my May goals specifically, but April had me ahead of the game activity-wise, so I am still on target. June will be more of the same, yet I will have to fight to keep work from diverting me between now and mid-October.

Time to head to bed.... Long week! AND I need to get out of vacation mode mentally.

Gail, metro Atlanta
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good evening beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Barbie:smile: Thank you for keeping us going:flowerforyou: ! I really appreciate everything you do!!!

Good night my dear friends! Sleep well and sweet dreams!

Hugs,
    DeeDee sleepy in NC:yawn: :yawn:
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: In for June. Doing another 10k on Sunday, which will be a great start to June!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thanks Barbie

Renny
    Vancouver Island, BC
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Just marking my spot on the new thread. Thanks Barbie for getting us going, as always, really appreciate your support! I have to find the time to review May and set June's goals. But at least I know I'll be starting June on the right foot with Water Aerobics tomorrow am. :smile:

Hugs, :flowerforyou:

Kathy in hopefully sunny soon IL
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    Bump for later when I come up with some June Goals, Thanks for being here
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Thanks,Barbie
  • candygirl03b
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello everyone!
    I am new to this thread and this site. I look forward to asking you all for help in my quest to lose weight. I am diabetic (type 2) along with suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome. This makes it difficult for me to follow a traditional diabetic diet. Right now I am starting from scratch and am eating basically a bland diet and adding a food daily to see how my intestines react to the food. I suffer from severe diarrhea otherwise.
    A friend of mine who you may know recommended this site to me. She goes by the name of chicletgirl. I am hoping she will be writing on her soon too.
    I look forward to receiving any advice and food/recipe suggestions.
    candygirl:love:
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie for this thread it is a life line for me and many others I'm sure.
    Good Luck on June Goals everyone

Juanita in sudbury
  • KindleKate
    KindleKate Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Joining your grouop!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,106 Member
    Options
    June already!! It's summer!!!!! See everyone soon.

Lin in Central Iowa
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Catch you all later, it's Friday :flowerforyou:
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am new to this thread but I look forward to supporting and getting support from such a wonderful group of women!
    I have been busy with a 90 day challenge that officially ends tomorrow with weigh in and measurements. I must say that having a challenge group that I could access on mfp and facebook was really motivational.
    I have been attempting to complete 30 day shred, unfortunately I get bored with it after 2 or 3 days so that is my goal for June, to finally complete the 30 day shred! I also have a walking goal for June, I want to power walk a minimum of a mile a day. Just coming off of a strained hamstring so just got back to walking today. I have bad knees and a long way to go, but I know with support this journey is achievable!

Have a good night everyone!
    Ginny
    Fort Worth, TX
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi,

This is my first time finding you. I would like to set goals for June. I am definitely over 50 and I have a long way to go to lose the better part of me.

In June I want to walk at least 60 minutes a day.
    I want to do Zumba 3 times a week. Right now iot is sporatic at best.
    I want to work in my yard 20 minutes a day weather permitting and on inclement days, begin purging the garage.
    I want to make it a priority to always have grilled chicken available.
    I want to meditate each night on what I have to be thankful for.
    I want to be positive.
    I want to be productive in my projects.

Accomplishing this in June will be amazing.

Thank you so much for posting this.

Debbie Pittsburgh PA Area
  • salsmama
    salsmama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in, thank you!
    Maggie, IA
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Barbie: Thank you for getting us started on a new month.

I am a very private person and it is a tribute to all of you friends that I share my monthly goals on this forum. :flowerforyou:

Goals for May:
    Increase water intake to 80 oz per day. *** Done!
    Track my weight training. *** Done!
    Get a double-digit weight loss on my MFP ticker ….Missed it by a smidge :grumble:
    Wear a pedometer even on the days I work out. … tried, but lost not one, but TWO pedometers in a period of 2 weeks. :sad:
    Read all the magazines that are piling up *** Piles are gone, hopefully not to return
    Wear lots more sunscreen, especially in Hawaii.*** Done!

June will be challenging. I have trips to Omaha, Boise, Kansas City and Madison. I usually manage to get in exercise, but the business meals in restaurants are regime busters. Here are the goals:

80 oz of water per day
    3-5 servings of vegetables daily
    Log every day, even on the road
    Drop 2 pounds
    Nourish my mind and my faith with daily positive affirmations

l'll close tonight with my favorite quote about goals:

In absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily acts of trivia.
    Author Unknown

Here's to a great June for us all. :happy: :happy: Stay well.

Rori in the Colorado Foothills
  • cooky56ny
    cooky56ny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good night gals. Marking my place! Hugs
    Carol in WNY
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Yay I have done it made it to here. It has been such a long time since I have been here. Way too long no excuse really some times I just allow my life to run me instead of me running my life. I missed the vit F. So today is a new start.

Liz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: Thanks for starting our new thread. I hope you have a great weekend. :bigsmile:

Newbies: I beg everyone to sign with their name or pen name and location. I find it much more fun when I know where people are. I'll be back later to post.:flowerforyou:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Liz_Mfp
    Liz_Mfp Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My June goals
    Keep up with this topic
    Toning four days per week

Liz