Replies

• Mollybesweet
    Mollybesweet Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • rodeooo
    rodeooo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I would love to join your group! I am 56 yrs young and just retired to become a stay at home Gramma. I recently lost 41 lbs doing a weight loss challenge. Since the challenge was over April 22nd, I have not lost any more and I would like to lose at least 25 more. I have been lazy since the challenge ended and have not been eating healthy. I don't want to go back to my old habits and gain back the weight. I worked too hard to lose it!

My goals for June:
    Stick to my meal plan of 1200 calories and don't cheat.
    Drink at least 8-8oz bottles of water daily.
    No alcohol or diet soda.
    Cardio at least 60 min 5 x's week
    Strength training at gym at least 3 x's week
    Weigh in every Monday
    Log all exercise daily.

Looking forward to June and talking with you all!

Cindi
  • Marvelous47
    Marvelous47 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I am 65 years young...I've been off and on this site for over a year now, I love it. I am still working but have recently signed up for the AVON 39 mile walk to help fight breast cancer this September so I'm out everyday kicking up the miles. Today I ran the three miles, so for this week I have logged 17 miles. It's really becoming fun as I have been active all my life, I don't intend to stop now but 26 miles one day and 13 the next is daunting..... would love your support and get to know all of you.
    Kay in Southern California...
  • colograndma
    Options
    Hi all :heart:

Busy night, watching the news on Oklahoma, Son In Law's Mom is ok again PTL!

Welcome all newbies this is the best Topic on MFP... wonderful supportive gals, that will help beyond measure. So, jump on board and post alot so we can get to know you all.:flowerforyou:

:heart: :heart: Thanks Barbie for keeping us up and going for June :heart: :heart:

Working again today but only until 2:30pm... Then will be home and enjoying the afternoon with DH.

I posted some goals yesterday, but am reposting and changing some. :tongue:

MFP Goals for June
    Continue to be active and posting here daily.
    Rebound 15-30 mins per day.
    Squats 25-50 per day.
    Down 4 pounds
    Water only after 8 Am each day

Hope everyone in the heartland was safe yesterday, Hugs to all :heart:
    Connie.... in the beautiful Western Slope of Colorado
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Thanks to Barbie for keeping this going. Looks like lots of good goals being set. My May goals were majorly sidetracked by my shoulder injury. I did not get any swimming done but I have walked 30 minutes nearly everyday. I am not able to get on my horse so that goal is undone. Did not cut back as much as I would have liked on the refined carbs.

June goals: Keep walking at least 30 minutes per day 6x per week. Learn how to use my new Fitbit. Try to limit carbs to under 200 per day. Have patience and trust my angels to work on this insurance problem. Be lighter and stronger in body by the end of June.

Everyone take care and have a wonderful June. Sue in SD
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Hello all. New to this thread. I am involved in a couple of the challenge groups but I really like your idea of posting personal goals per month and being responsible for them.

My goals for the month of June are:

- Exercise 5 days per week

- Up the length of my walk from 1 mile to 2 miles

- Clean and purge bedroom, closet , and drawers

- Work in yard for at least 15 min per day.

- Begin sketchbook

Linda - from Grand Rapids, Michigan area
  • JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi Peeps

I am 49 & 3/4 ... can I join please? :)

Take Care

JJ x
  • zcathy
    zcathy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's June ladies. Do you know what that means. It means hot weather and little to no clothes. It means making sure my feet are sandal ready. Am I really ready for that?! I'm getting there. Last month was not as good as I hoped, but better than I expected. I lost a total of 5 lbs, but I could have lost more if I hadn't had that extra helping of potato salad. :grumble:

To all of the New Ladies, to this thread,:bigsmile: HELLLLOOO AND WELCOME!!!!:flowerforyou: Don't be shy, we're all here for the same reasons. Glad to have you aboard.

My goals for June:

:flowerforyou: Get out and smell the roses. That means walk more.

:drinker: Drink only water for the month. Need to tame my taste buds again.

:happy: Encourage my fitness partner more. She's in a little slump:sad:

:smile: Begin the Daniel Fast again. I did it in January. Don't know why I quit. The Super Bowl, UGH!! :embarassed:

:ohwell: My play is not going as planned, Explore a new way to get motivated to finish.

:sick: Beat my illness with holistic and ayurvedic herbs, diet and remedies

:wink: Make more of my hair and skin products. I've gotten a little lazy these past months

:happy: Offer my services to the assisted living and convalescence communities.

:smile: SMILE AND THE WORLD SMILES WITH YOU. FROWN AND YOU FROWN ALONE. Thank you Mrs. Jones for making me memorize this quote in 6th grade. She was the best teacher in the world!!!

From the colorful state of Michigan
  • zcathy
    zcathy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am new to this. My goal is to lose 15 -17 lbs. For June I want to get to all the exercise programs that my employer offers. they have the YMCA come right to our work. We have been doing a core class on Wed and a strength class on Thurs. We're starting a one hour boot camp class on Monday. Sounds hard so I hope I do ok. I'm trying to cut back on my meal portions and watch my calorie and carb numbers. Any good tips would be appreciated.

Cathy from Luxemburg, WI
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Melody from E. Canada: Pedicures are wonderful and make an excellent reward for good behavior such as logging your food and exercise. :bigsmile: I’m sorry your chronic back injury has flared up, and hope it settles down quickly. Welcome to a great group!:flowerforyou:

Christschild: What is the Daniel fast? Is it all vegetables? I’m thinking this stems from the Daniel story in the Bible.:flowerforyou:

Candygirl: DH is a type one diabetic and I have had ITBS in the past. It is probably still here, but I figured out my trigger foods and avoid them. I also had a gallstone, which caused horrible pain. Surgery solved that. I wish you good luck in your quest to get healthy. I’m very big on providing too much advice to anyone who will listen, one of my besetting sins. I’m working on it, and am more successful sometimes than others.:wink:

DeeDee: I LOVE your June goals!:heart::flowerforyou:

Heather: Congratulations on your necklaces fitting! When you say you have metered water, does that mean you pay by the gallon or liter, or does it mean you are restricted to a certain amount? Drip irrigation is an excellent way to conserve water while getting it directly to your plants.:flowerforyou:

Amanda: You and your dad continue in my prayers. They’re doing some amazing things to help the brain these days. I’ve recently seen that they’re using brain pacemakers to assist victims of Parkinson’s disease. I hope the stent helps your dad.:heart:

This group makes me happy. I thank every one of you for the encouragement you share so freely. My besetting sin, as I’ve mentioned, is to give too much advice. :grumble: I do want to say something about goal setting. Women are tidal, in that we have water weight that fluctuates. We have to accept that and move on. It can be very frustrating to do everything right and show a weight gain on a particular day. Let it go. Consider focusing your goals on doing the right things rather than attaining a specific weight. Over time, you will win. Weight fluctuates up and down, but you’re successful when you eat right, exercise and have a generally downward trend. It took us a long time to get to this point, and it will take time to get healthy and reach our weight goals.:flowerforyou:

My goals are the same as always:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Move and get good exercise.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • marmalade628
    marmalade628 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am new to this challenge and a past member to myfitnesspal. I would like to get back on track again and keep my eating habits more healthy than what I have been doing as of lately. For the past two months I have been exercising by riding a bike for 20 to 30 min. 3x's a week with doing weight lifting 3x's a week too. This has helped to maintain my weight because I have not been watching my food intake. I hate watching food but know that it is a necessary evil.:grumble:

I am 54 years old and soon to be 55 next month. Loosing weight has always been a challenge for me and I hope to really focus on eating healthy and getting exercise in every week.

So with that my goals for the Month of June are:
    Continue my exercising with bike and weight lifting but add another day and make it 4x's a week.
    Work in my yard for at least 3 15-30 min. a week.
    Be mindful of my food intake.
    Choose healthy food choices.
    Make sure I get my 8 glasses of water each day.

Well for me the above will be a big challenge to keep focused on them as I tend to get lazy. So I need all the encouragement I can get. Thanks!:smile:
  • m3x43
    m3x43 Posts: 40
    Options
    Good morning ladies! And welcome to all the newcomers!

I also have been absent and "off the wagon" - absent because I tried to hide it from even myself! However, this is a brand new start.

June goals:
    Keep my food diary daily and honestly...no matter what I eat that day
    Exercise daily - indoor or out, weather permitting (NE OH very unpredictable)
    Strength training every other day
    Paint at least one room
    Keep up with this group

Evelyn in NE Ohio
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Barbie – Thank you for reminding me that I wanted to add “be agreeable” to my June (and more) goals!

Renny – So impressed that you’re doing another 10k! You are inspiring

Candygirl – Welcome, you’ll find this to be a site full of insight, wisdom and support!

Spirit05 (Ginny) – See above for you too . Your goals sound great, as does your attitude

Dwalt15110 (Debbie) – Glad you found us, come back often for positive support on your health journey

Rori – Thank you! Like Barbie did, you’ve reminded me I want to add “daily positive affirmations” to my goals for June and beyond

Lizmil79 – Happy June, glad you’re back for your daily fix of Vitamin F

Kas – Great goals, welcome! Come back and read/post often

Melody – Welcome, love your June goals

Joy – So happy for you that hubby comes home today. Your kayaking adventure sounds like so much fun! Glad you’re feeling better

Marlene – LOVE your screen-name! Welcome, your goals sound great

DeeDee – Really loved reading your goal “find something to laugh about every day” - - very true that humor makes everything better

Heather – You are just full of NSV’s!!!! No necklace extenders – yay! My jewelry “goal” is to be able to wear my rings again, I’m almost there

Kathy in IL – sorry you lost your long post, that is sooooo frustrating! Hope you have a great day at the fundraising party

Amanda – Prayers that your Dad’s stent makes a positive difference, also for you in helping to stay calm and take care of yourself

Rodeooo (Cindi) – Great loss so far, your goals will help you achieve your desires and so will the support of this great group of women.

Kay in So.Cal. – Wow! You are doing great if you ran 3 miles today. Your 39 mile walk in September is a great way to help you set your health goals, congrats!

Linda from Grand Rapids – Welcome, you’ve got great goals (quantifiable and attainable)! Read/post often, you’ll be glad you did

Brooke from Colorado

“How people treat you is their karma, how you react is yours.”
  • NHTravelMaven
    NHTravelMaven Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies ~

I'm another newbie, and excited I found this group :) I started my weight loss journey last July using MFP, and have been pleased with my progress. I do feel I can do better though, as I tend to get complacent and try to see how much I can get away with eating and not gain weight...it's my genes I guess. Plus, I'm a middle child, and have always challenged EVERYTHING.

Without going on too much...here are my (hopefully realistic) goals for June:

* Log my food every day (loved what Evelyn in NE Ohio said) honestly, even if the truth hurts

* Continue my 3 times a week walk/jog training to run in a 5K in September.

* Weight training a minimum of 2 times a week.

* Purchase some sort of pedometer/heart rate monitor thingy

* Only one ice cream stand visit this month (my weakness).

I look forward to reading this daily...this is a breath of fresh air for me...thank you for being here ladies.

Patti in Central New Hampshire (horse and deer country)
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies.

At work our "on the move" challenge starts on Monday so I have to get 12,000 steps a day until August 8th in order to get a $100 Amaxon gift card. I added my own goal of 20 flights of stairs on work days and some other little challenges like squats and pushups and situps. I plan to log my food and drink my water.

It is a beautiful day here today (sunny and in the upper 60's to low 70's) so DH and I will be working on the front yard a bit. That will drive Bodi and Ritter crazy since they are only allowed in the back yard.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

I appreciate all the support I have gotten from this group of women over the past 3 years. You are all awesome.

Robin, Bodi and Ritter
    PNW
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies!

I am yet another newbie to the group. I'm glad I found you. I started with MFP at the beginning of the year and have lost 38 lbs so far. My daughter (who is 25) & I have a competition going in 12 week sessions. We weigh in every week and the person who lost the most % of weight gets to choose what our cheat meal is on Saturday evenings. The other one has to pay for it. At the end of the 12 weeks the winner gets a new charm for their new charm bracelet. I won the first charm but she seems to be taking this 2nd session. I'm just so happy that she is taking control of her weight/health at her age instead of ending up like me. I have had issues with my weight my entire adult life.

My workout journey is on life support. I have arthritis in my knees and spine, Crohn's disease and suffer from terrible migraines so working out is dependent on the severity of the pain. I am inspired by all of you so I'm making some goals for myself for June.

Drink 8 glasses of water every day
    Do strength training 3 times a week
    Cardio 4 times a week (hopefully 20 minutes)

I look forward to checking in every day to see everyone's progress :happy:

Sandy from Ontario
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I'M ALMOST THERE!!!!!!! Yes, I know it's in caps but I am yelling it for the world to hear!!!!:blushing: :smile: I weighed 200.4 this morning!!!!! Of course that also means I am closer to have to be honest with my husband as to what I started out.:heart: Goals, I still haven't thought of them. I'm not a person who has ever set goals, at least not that I am aware of.

Lots of June newbies:flowerforyou: Welcome, Say whatever you feel you need to in here. I have done some major venting about some people in my life.

Joyce, happy in Indiana
  • LizPlus
    LizPlus Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Ladies...oldies & Newbees;
    It is so nice to have more people on here..I have only been here a few times..there are some who have been here much longer....and I have always had support and friends cheering me on.....you won't find a better group of people :happy:

Is it time for June Goals already :noway: ..I do not remember Mays..how in the world can I expect to reach the goals if I don't remember them :grumble: Well this time I will put the list on my fridge :blushing:

--To get outside walking instead of inside exercises..(when the heat is tolerable) Too much heat makes me sick :sick:
    -- To drink more water ( might be easier now with the high temps) :ohwell:
    -- To lose at least 5 lbs ( Please Lord :sad: )
    -- To take better care of how I dress ( I like sloppy clothes...if I lose weight..I should show it }
    --To try to eat less sweets { I am sugar addicted & I have Hyperglycemia } :sad:

Good luck to all..Let us make June our good month for goals :drinker:

Liz fr Halifax, Nova Scotia
  • runningcats
    runningcats Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi - new to this thread, new to MFP and looking forward to having (and reaching) June goals! I lost 30 pounds starting from February of 2010 to August of 2011, maintained for about a year and gained about 10 back. I have 15 pounds to reach my goal and have an outlook that is this: I'm not dieting. I'm done with dieting. I am making a lifestyle change. :happy:

- 80 miles run
    - 6 pound loss
    - Make/bring my lunch to work 3/5 days a week (instead of eating at the cafe every day)
    - Add core strengthening exercises to supplement my cardio training.

Love all the goals and motivations here!!
    Sue from California
  • vickster2012
    vickster2012 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am back on my fitnesspal just recently. Thanks Barbie for motivating everyone. My June goals are:

- Exercise at least 4 times a week.
    - Stick to the number of calories allowed at least 6 days out of the week. Maybe 1 day to splurge a little?
    - Lose at least 6 lbs.

I started out the month good. I was in a 5K run/walk this morning. I walked. I am not a runner at this point.

Good luck to all with your goals for June!

Vicky/Michigan by the Lakeshore