30 Day shred Friends :)

Options

Replies

• avvalynna
    avvalynna Posts: 32
    Options
    @skinny, thanks! I will take a look at it. My HRM usually puts me at about 180 cals. Perhaps its correct after all. lol Let me know how you do!
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone. I just got started yesterday. I'm dreading it today. Here it is already 11:30 and I haven't done it yet. I'm going to take my measurements, take some hideous before pictures and DO IT!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing it on and off for a while now. I think I definitely should start measuring. lol. as I havent lost any weight but my clothes are fitting much better. I will post my new measurements later this evening :happy:
  • emelydleon
    emelydleon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and get it over with! That's how I felt on the second day i was dreading putting the DVD in and doing them but after I got started it was all a breeze: a really hot tiring breeze!
  • jess_erin
    jess_erin Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Ok, after reading all of your comments I am definitely going to start 30ds. In fact I'm going to start right after work today so i don't lose my motivation. Thanks everyone for the encouragement. Feel free to add me. :happy:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @jess--welcome! Yes, this thread was a great idea--it's definitely helping motivate me!

@emely--:laugh: A "hot tiring breeze" is about right! :laugh:

@curvi--I've heard most people don't drop a lot of weight doing it b/c of the strength work. Definitely measure! :smile:

@cheveux--I also took some hideous before pics that I will NEVER post for anyone else to see, but at least I'll have a comparison for when I'm done. Day 2 was also hard for me, but emely's right--it's really not so bad (though not quite a breeze :tongue: ).

@avva--180 calories sounds a bit low for your weight; however, if you are modifying or lowering the intensity due to your ortho issues, it could be spot-on.

@tracy--I don't have the "twins" problem, but one of my friends who's large-chested does the same thing: regular bra + sports bra = the girls stay put. :laugh:

@zombie--Welcome! Rule #1: Cardio :wink:

AFM--I did L1D5 today after my 2nd rest day of the week, and it felt pretty good. Still struggling with the push ups--I can do the first set "army" style, but I have to modify for the second set. I definitely felt stronger for the bicycle crunches at the end, so that's good.

Will be starting week 2 tomorrow. I'm going to try to stick with this schedule of taking 2 rest days (from 30DS--I still do other exercise) out of every 7. If I plan it right, I should be finishing all 30 days right before I leave for vacation in mid-July.
  • dangerousdumpling
    Options
    Go ahead and get it over with! That's how I felt on the second day i was dreading putting the DVD in and doing them but after I got started it was all a breeze: a really hot tiring breeze!

I gotta tell you I thought this was crazy talk when I first read it but you were right. This time I knew what to expect and it wasn't nearly as bad. I don't feel near death today after my workout like I did yesterday either.
    @cheveux--I also took some hideous before pics that I will NEVER post for anyone else to see, but at least I'll have a comparison for when I'm done. Day 2 was also hard for me, but emely's right--it's really not so bad (though not quite a breeze ).

They are absolutely hideous! LOL! OMG I will never show anyone.

Are any of you doing this for 30 days straight with no rest days? Or are you taking one or two rest days a week? I've already worked out 5 days this week so I'm not sure if I should give it a rest for 1 or 2 days this week.
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    I ended up taking a day off today. Wasn't entirely planned but I got so busy getting ready for a Father's day picnic at my house tomorrow. I've been in and out of the car and on my feet so much I feel as though I did do it!

A little disappointed with my weight, I actually gained .6. Does anyone think this is normal? My only off day this week was today and I weighed in prior to some indulgences this afternoon anyway. In fact I've been a little under calories for the most part.
  • MicheleWE
    MicheleWE Posts: 179 Member
    Options

A little disappointed with my weight, I actually gained .6. Does anyone think this is normal? My only off day this week was today and I weighed in prior to some indulgences this afternoon anyway. In fact I've been a little under calories for the most part.
    When you start exercising especially weight training your muscles store extra glycogen and water for repair. Don't worry, keep at it and you will see results. Regular rest days (full rest) are important for recovery.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Are any of you doing this for 30 days straight with no rest days? Or are you taking one or two rest days a week? I've already worked out 5 days this week so I'm not sure if I should give it a rest for 1 or 2 days this week.

I had planned 2 rest days/week because I've read so much about giving muscles proper rest days. Also,Tracy (tlh) said that Jillian recommends 2 rest days each week as well meaning the entire 30 DS actually takes 6 weeks to complete.
  • dangerousdumpling
    Options

I had planned 2 rest days/week because I've read so much about giving muscles proper rest days. Also,Tracy (tlh) said that Jillian recommends 2 rest days each week as well meaning the entire 30 DS actually takes 6 weeks to complete.

Thanks so much for explaining that to me. That's exactly what I needed to know.
  • runsandjumps
    runsandjumps Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Joining in here. Day 1 complete.
  • canderson81
    Options
    what is the 30 shred and how does it work ??? thanks
  • VanCityFit
    VanCityFit Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Day 5 for me, feel free to add me!!!
  • avvalynna
    Options
    Just got through Day 2 of Level 2. I actually think I like it more than Level 1. It has more challenges but with my ortho issues I think its easier for me to non-modify. Also I upped my weights to 3 and 5 lbs. Calorie burn was higher.

@skinny- Thanks again! You are prob right and I am modifying. I'm actually going to a PT on monday for an evaluation so my modifications may soon be a thing of the past!
  • avvalynna
    Options
    @canderson- Jullian Michaels put out a system of discs called 30 Day Shred. There are 3 levels and the idea is each level is done for 10 days before you progress to the next. roughly lasts 25 min per workout. Can be very challenging with results. I believe someone mentioned you can find it on youtube if you want to check it out.
  • Gijo2707
    Gijo2707 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Going for level 1 - day 3 today! My abbs are a little sore, but i don't look forward too the last abb exercise :p! That one hurts!
  • musicmrse
    musicmrse Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Level 2, Day 6 tonight. I have lost 3 inches around my waist. 1 around my hips, and half on my biceps. I haven't been eating so well, so I have only lost 1 lb. I have been running every other day, too. I put on last years swimsuit and it's WAY cuter on me now. I feel so strong!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hi guys-
    I ended up skipping 30 DS yesterday due to time issues, but got right back to it today L1D6. I'm doing 2 rest days/ week, so yesterday will just count as one of those for this week.

@music--awesome about the swimsuit! Your results so far are encouraging, but I'm waiting until I finish level 1 to measure again, so one more week.

@gijo--Yes, my abs were killing the first couple of days, but feel much better now! Also, those last bicycle crunches were much easier today.

@avva--hope the PT has good news for you tomorrow!

@dancing--can't wait to hear your results so far!!

It sounds like everyone is doing great--keep going guys!!! :drinker:
  • canderson81
    Options
    thank you :)