5'9" ladies......what is your goal weight

Options
15678911»

Replies

• tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking 170, but when I get there I will re-evaluate. Still have a ways to go.
  • k13694
    k13694 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm also an inch taller at 5'10" and I'm currently at 165. I want to get down to about 150 but honestly won't worry about the number as long as my clothes fit better and I lose inches.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    175 is my first goal, thats 100 lbs from my SW of 275. When I get there (in another 81 lbs), I'm going to reevaluate and see if I want to try for 165 or lower.
  • heartworth9
    heartworth9 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    160 I can maintain but 150 feels better on me. Lets see.
  • kitza101
    kitza101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This is a very interesting thread!

I'm 176 cm tall (or 5'9" and a half) I'm 68.9 kg now (151 pounds). I have no idea what my goal weight is. I thought it was 69 kg, but I mostly chose that because that number makes me laugh! Mature, I know. Now that I am here at around 69 kg, I know that I would like to keep going. I have no idea what a good weight for my body is. My plan is to try to get to 65 kg (143 pounds) and see what I think. If I get there and it's too skinny, I'll gain. If on the way to getting there I decide that it's not working out how I would like, I"ll stop. It's hard when you just don't know. I've been up and down in my weight since I was 18 years old, and overweight for most of that time. And I don't have a record of what I weighed at those times so it's all a bit of a mystery to me.
  • logdunne
    logdunne Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 9, started at 220lb, got down to 166lb at the end of last year, back at 174 now, aiming to get down to 160lb, that would feel about right i reckon, at 174 i am beginning to feel the return of the wobbly belly :-(
  • amatxuof5
    amatxuof5 Posts: 40
    Options
    Guess I'm inquiring because I still sometimes feel big. I've never been petite, always more of an athletic build. People comment on how "good" I look and I till see my problem areas. I have my next goal set at 165.

How awesome that we are all making better choices for ourselves and becoming healthy! We rock.

I wish my goal could be to BE 5'9" instead of 5'. You all are SO lucky! :-) Trust me when I say that "petite" isn't all it's cracked up to be! Good job everyone - you all are so impressive!
  • EFranck32
    EFranck32 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im currently 183.2, my first goal weight is 160 and then ultimately i would like to get to 150.

I want to try to maintain my muscle whilst i'm loosing. I would like to get to my first goal weight in just over 10 weeks...............loosing it slowly just means i go off track, i'd rather have a period of maintaining in-between.

Anyone with similar goals please add me!
  • Andrea8985
    Andrea8985 Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5" if you want to get technical, but I usually just say 5'8". My goal weight is 145lbs, but I don't know if that is achievable for me. I set that as my goal because that's the smallest I've been post-puberty and I'd like to get there again. However, having aged since I was last at that weight I might need to be a bit higher. I'd like to be no more than 150lbs, and my ideal pants size is a size 8. I too have a larger frame, though, so we'll see. I've always weighed more than I look. I'm currently 196lbs, and most people would probably guess about 170. My pants size is currently a 12 or 14, depending on the brand. (Though all of my 14s are a bit big in the waist...I have bigger thighs so I often need the extra room a 14 offers.)
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 8" and 160 aiming for 154 and then will reevaluate
  • wyattsmomvanessa
    Options
    I'm 5'9", and I was 145 prepregnancy. I got up to 216 pounds, now I am 170 and working on getting back to 145...
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'9.5" and my lowest adult weight was 145. I loved my body then but it was very difficult to maintain. More realistically, I would like to be around 155-160.
  • hannah1011z
    hannah1011z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    135-140
  • Kankalamalini
    Options
    I am 175 cm (5'9'') tall. Setting yourself small goals of losing 5 kg (10 lbs) each time until you are satisfied with the way you look is the best you can do. Everything depends on the body shape and composition (muscle and fat percentage).
  • Hughesers
    Hughesers Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 10, currently at 154lbs and my goal weight is 148 so nearly there !
  • hannahlclrk
    hannahlclrk Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm five - nine and currently around 175 :( at Christmas I was 158 so my first goal is back there. ideally ending up at around 130/40 maybe a tad more as I like lifting weights! my currently BF is around 25% and I'd like to go down to 15-18%... if anyone's a similar height to me - add me - i could do with some inspiration to keep going as its so deflating feeling that only 6 months ago
    I was down at 158 and feeling good in a size 10 - now I'm struggling with a 12!
  • haymck123
    haymck123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'8.5" - currently 141, aiming for 134 but might go lower eventually. A long time ago I was 112 but it was near impossible to maintain and I looked too thin, if I had a magic wand I'd probably go for 125ish!
  • chantwizzle83
    chantwizzle83 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'10 and i have a big frame. 170 has looked good on me in the past (as in 2 summers ago). I was a size 10 and quite toned. I've got pretty long legs too. So It makes me look taller and more slender.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and want to weigh about 135-140. I have been in the low 140's in my adulthood after my first child and I felt great! I am 161 now, started at 185.

I want to get back into my size 4/6 clothes which was when I was in the low 140's.

Update:

I am now 152 and I changed my goal to 145. I want to be 145 and then stop focusing on the number and just focus on toning. I am comfortable now at my weight, so I don't want to go as low as 135 anymore.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    145, then do bulk/cut cycles to gain more muscle and stay the same weight. You can see my pictures in my profile if you are interested. I think the best thing for you to do would be:

Calculate your body fat, look at a body fat picture chart, decide what your goal body fat would be, and then calculate what you would need to lose to get there.

This link has body fat calculators (though calipers would be more accurate if you can get that done at the gym) as well as the goal weight calculator that you do last:
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/

and here is the BF% pic chart so that you can pick what you would like your goal BF to be:
    http://www.builtlean.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/body-fat-percentage-women.jpg

Different ladies would like different amounts of muscle and fat on their bodies so they would have different goals. If you go through these links, then you will have a good idea of where your goal should be. Remember to add weight to the calculated goal if you would like to gain muscle.

ETA: At this height I have been as low as 124 and as high as 172. Neither extreme looked good. 124 was awfully thin. I would not want to go under 140, though since I have more muscle that is probably the same body fat% as I was at at135 before.