Boyfriend thinks I spend too much time on MFP

Options

Replies

• celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    My husband just doesn't want spilling any personal info, LOL!
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I check the success story's everyday it keeps me going everyday .
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I totally get your boyfriend. My life partner calls the people on here my fitness *kitten*. It makes me laugh.

24b701t.jpg
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Dump him.

This.

Or you could poison him or something.

I would use narcotics so people just think it's an overdose.

Better still..... overdose on Raspberry Keytones& then Dr OZ can take the fall.
  • shawtiibabyy
    Options
    My boyfriend used to laughl at me when I come on here lol he rolls his eyes now when I start scanning things I've eaten but I guess he just doesn't understand why it's a big deal to me. He's one of those I can eat anything, sit on my *kitten* all day and not put a single lb annoying people lol
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend just rolls his eyes. If he asks, I say I'm facebooking because is more socially acceptable. Lol. This **** is addictive for anyone with a healthy or unhealthy obsession with food and or exercise. I had a psychiatrist tell me a long time ago..." yeah... you're neurotic... so you're neurotic... you're always going to be that way...now that's settled... what do you want to work on?." As far as obsessive behavior goes, it's pretty benign.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Maybe you spend too much time on here because you get something from MFP that you aren't getting from your BF....like support, comeraderie/friendship, compliments, etc.??

Food for thought.
  • runningbs
    runningbs Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    he's right. :laugh:
  • HuskerforLife
    HuskerforLife Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That's silly and it's called jealousy.........

hes actually quite controlling...which I dont always mind LOL

My, oh my, did you find Christian Grey? If so, get the hell off MFP lol. In all seriousness, if he isn't being supportive, maybe he just doesn't understand. Have you tried explaining it to him?
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    tell your funny guy he is a cliche' and there's nothing funny about that. (YAWN) It is very typical for the people closest to the person losing weight to try and sabotage their efforts when they see them improving themselves..
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    It is by reading all these successful stories that you get motivated every day and also you don't do a blind diet as you can log all the daily food and it is something you need to do daily. So keep it up. My husband started to say what are you writing etcc... but I let me have a look at the site... but he always say that he can see i am reducing and to keep it up. just want to say that communication is the key for every problem.
  • Jessica_D_Shadow
    Jessica_D_Shadow Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    So my boyfriend thinks Im spending too much time on MFP. Hes a comedian and he thinks its funny to call it "My Fat-*kitten* Pals" but dont get too offended he also calls his gym "24 Hour Fatness"...All I can say is I prefer this place to facebook, and yea, I have been on here a lot. But there's a reason, I feel at home here. In a world that's full of skinny supermodels and sz 2 barbie dolls, I need a place where I can work on me without feeling judged. I think my bf thinks Im obsessed with food, and while I am obsessed~ at least now its a healthy obsession to eat right and work out. I cant help that my new compulsion looks a lot like my old one. And Im not sorry Im on here so much..you guys keep me going, inspired..has anyone else had this with their significant others?

Yes. My husband compares MFP to Facebook. And asks if I'm on here all day chatting with random people. I said yes, But I made sure to only add females just to keep him on the happier side. Plus he is seeing how much work I'm actually putting into getting healthy, that he's actually starting to get over it. =) He's even joined MFP! To gain muscle weight. Not that he uses it...But, it's a step! I think if this is what you need to get healthy (I know it's what I need), then keep at it. If you talk to him and tell him how you feel about it and he still doesn't like it, honestly hun...give him the boot. (This is if he is actually making your life hell for being on here!) You are doing this for YOUR health, YOUR happiness. If he can't see that, then I don't think he's worth keeping.

Thank you hon, I couldnt agree more...my whole life I ignored myself, my needs..Im at the point where I dont care if the whole world thinks Im nuts, this is me! I obsess on my health and this JOURNEY because its given me my soul back... I just think people who havent been where Ive been will never get it!

No, they don't get it. And that's Okay! But we do. You do. It's great to see you realize what took me awhile to realize. I'm doing this for ME! & No one else! This is what I WANT! And I'm gonna HAVE IT!. LoL Good for you! Take care of yourself, that's what's important. People in your life will always come and go. The ones that stick with you through it all, are the ones to hold close & never let go. =D
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Do what I do to my husband, find something he loves, call it silly names and mock it too and when he starts to whine, remind him that he does EXACTLY the same thing to something I enjoy.

They get the hint pretty quickly.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    He's probably right...

...and anyone who disagrees with me is just in denial about their own excessive time on MFP.

I can quit anytime I want. I just don't want to . . .
  • wineplease
    wineplease Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I haven't had this happen to me personally, but I've had friends on here who have. My advice is to really consider what he's saying to you. This place can suck you in. If you're spending more time here than is healthy, he may have a point. He loves you. He's the one who knows you in real life. If he's saying you may have a problem being on here too much, please take a look at yourself and be open to what he's telling you. Don't let MFP ruin your relationship. We're not worth it.
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I think my bf thinks Im obsessed with food, and while I am obsessed~

There is a big difference between obsession and dedication
  • cjenkins91
    cjenkins91 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    That's so funny, my husband was literally telling me how this is my new obsession, but like you, I feel like at least this is a healthy "obsession" - I don't think it's a bad thing for me to want to log my food and exercise. I definitely am more active on here than on my facebook and I am just fine with that ;)
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    No worries for me.....social media to me is the death of society so I only spend a few minutes and then move on to productive things.
  • cjenkins91
    cjenkins91 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    That's so funny, my husband was literally telling me yesterday how this is my new obsession, but like you, I feel like at least this is a healthy "obsession" - I don't think it's a bad thing for me to want to log my food and exercise. I definitely am more active on here than on my facebook and I am just fine with that ;)
  • lovingangel4uau
    lovingangel4uau Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Maybe at least when you are speaking to him, give him the attention he requires then do what you like other times because its helping you. As long as it doesn't become an addiction all is good. I find I'm on here a lot of my day as well putting food in working out cals and emails of course these little posts lol but its a good place to be like you said. :)

Just a thought ... would he be trying to stop you from losing weight by getting you off here?

Stranger things have happened even from people who "love" us.