re: Peeps with no Profile Pic

Options

Replies

• Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I never used to add ppl w/out a pic
    After spending a few mnths on here, I learned it doesn't matter.
    Some ppl Id rather not see anyway, haha
    I do like the mystery, keeps me guessing
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options

After spending a few mnths on here, I learned it doesn't matter.
    Some ppl Id rather not see anyway, haha

Haha. My favorite answer thus far! :)
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    ...maybe some of us are in the witness protection program.

Young-boy-thumbs-his-nose-005.jpg
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I think there's a difference between not having any picture and not having pictures of yourself. I don't ever show my face on here but I usually have some kind of very creative, funny and witty picture as my avatar. Just nothing is a bit lazy and i can see where you are coming from.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Someone doesn't want to add me because of my pic? I wouldn't want a friend like that.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Someone doesn't want to add me because of my pic? I wouldn't want a friend like that.

I really wouldn't want to friend you because of your profile pic. It's hilarious but it freaks me out!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I like seeing profiles with lots of info, but I will add them if they request it, at least for a bit to see if they are going to participate. My general o[pinion is, though, please add lots of info!!
  • WanderingLass
    WanderingLass Posts: 86 Member
    Options

This. Just because I don't want to put anything in my profile doesn't make me lazy or worthless which is what this thread seems to imply.

What if it is someone who only accesses MFP at work and has no pictures of themselves there? Or cannot download pics to upload due to firewalls?

What if it is someone who only accesses MFP at the library?

What if it is someone who only accesses via their cell phone and uploading pics is nearly impossible?

What if you took the time to get to know the person instead of deciding they're lazy and/or worthless because they're not providing you the visual stimulation you need?

eta: nothing in the profile is understandable -- if you hate people who like purple and bicycles, we're not going to make a good support system for each other, for example. :wink:
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Most of us are here because we're unhappy with how we look?
    Why would we want to show it off by putting up loads of pictures?

Because you should be proud of yourself anyway you look embrace what you have sweetie your beautiful and i dnt need to see a pictire to tel you that x
  • HealthWoke0ish
    Options
    For clarification, (and perhaps the thread title was/is misleading), I care less about what a person looks like and more about what I consider might be indicators of what they'll bring to the table in terms of MFP friendship/teamwork/etc.

Do I like the way I look? Not really...but posting my pic, I feel, potentially helps me build rapport with my MFP friends. It also pushes me to be accountable for what my body looks like now (and thus motivates me to keep working toward change). I post my thoughts/goals/frustrations to help myself, but also as a token of my willingness to interact (kinda like a smile when meeting a new person to signal to him/her that I'm approachable).

I'm not hating on the non-pic-posters, I totally respect people's personal decisions re: disclosure. Rather, I'm simply saying that for me, if that is their decision, then I view it as a wall they've decided to leave up (for privacy, protection, etc.) and I therefore feel less motivated associating with them.
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options

Love this! ^^ :drinker:
  • HealthWoke0ish
    Options

I really wouldn't want to friend you because of your profile pic. It's hilarious but it freaks me out!

Haha. I thought his/her profile pic was/is cool! :)
  • hharvey9
    hharvey9 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I can totally understand - and respect - that one would want some sort of picture other than the blank blue with a shadow. And some profile info is great! But who cares if I only have one? I'm not here to find love, just friends who share a common goal of living a healthier lifestyle - you don't need to see how I look in 20 different outfits/poses ;)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I don't have a camera or a smartphone....so no pic. besides, if you saw me, I'd never get rid of you....
  • HealthWoke0ish
    Options

Love this! ^^ :drinker:
    Haha. I would add someone with this profile pic in a heartbeat! :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I don't friend them, only because I'm paranoid it could be someone I know IRL who noticed who I was and is trying to trick me.

But I'm super paranoid.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Once we are friends you can see all my pics.

Love this black sense of humor!
  • VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of putting a face to a name. For me, when I add someone on MFP, it's because I want us to be able to push and support eachother and something about being able to connect that to a face makes someone seem more real and more personal.
    My biggest peeve though is blank profiles. It's like they don't really plan on sticking around...kinda like when you dont bother to unpack in a hotel when you're just spending the night...
  • HealthWoke0ish
    Options
    I don't have a camera or a smartphone....so no pic. besides, if you saw me, I'd never get rid of you....
    Pic? No.
    Personality? Yes!

This is kind of what I was, albeit clumsily, hinting at. Sure you've got no pic...but your profile has some cool "how-do-you-do's" that make me feel like you're a cool/normal person, working hard to get this done! Heck...your counter alone helps me understand that you're committed! :) #profilewin
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    How would you know it's them anyway?