I couldn't believe my breakfast entry!

Options
I did a stupid. I'm actually fairly angry with myself for it.

We went to Sonic this morning and I didn't have my iPad with me. Normally I look up and track everything before I eat it, but this time I thought I would get the "healthiest" looking thing that I saw. I got the Super Sonic burrito because it also had veggies, instead of just meat and cheese. I KNEW it would be a little higher, because of the added veggies. I had estimated it being about 350-400 calories.

580. 580!?! I almost cried. There was NOT enough burrito for it to be 580 calories. Thinking of the amount of fruit I could have had for 580 calories?!? Not to mention the sodium that is now swimming around in my body... I've learned my lesson! No more leaving the house without my iPad.

I guess the end of it is this:

Anything like this happen to anyone else? Are there foods out there that you've thought were going to be lower calories and it ends up being over the top?

Replies

• briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I loved going to chipotle and I would always order a burrito bowl and chips and guacamole. The burrito bowl has about 900 calories and the chips and guacamole had 1200 calories in it. This was a super big eye opener. The amount of calories I ate in 1 meal was what I am now eating in 1 full day and working out. Don't let it get you too upset use it as a learning tool and move on. Make sure you drink plenty of water today to rid the body of the extra sodium.
  • Jennjo322
    Jennjo322 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Anything from Sonic apunds high cal
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Muffins.

Muffins have got me more than once -- the worst was a Pumpkin Bran Muffin at Paradise Bakery that was over 700 calories.

I try to never eat muffins. I could eat 2 or 3 cookies for the same calories.
  • Haima
    Haima Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! YES!! This just happened to me the other day. I went out for lunch for Father's Day to this place called Zoe's Kitchen. Anyway, they have really yummy food! I ended up ordering their Orzo Tabouli Salad with Salmon Skewers & Vegetables. Anyway when I got home to look up the amount of calories I was so disappointed!!! 780 calories for the entire meal!!! I could have just gone for the steak skewers and Vegetables for 580 calories!!! I was so upset with myself thinking the salad was the better of the two. I should have looked it up but I didn't, LIVE AND LEARN : )
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's not the end of the world. It's kind of high, but hopefully will keep you full for a while. Bump up the exercise today or take it easy tomorrow, you'l be fine.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's not the end of the world. It's kind of high, but hopefully will keep you full for a while. Bump up the exercise today or take it easy tomorrow, you'll be fine.
  • Terry903
    Terry903 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Beware the restaurants! I was shocked to see the calories in my food at Rubios and at Applebees. I thought I was being so healthy. I always check before I order now.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Who'd a thunk, cheese, eggs and fried potatoes would be kinda calorie dense

"Let the big flavor of the SuperSONIC® Breakfast Burrito get you out of bed. A medley of savory sausage, fluffy scrambled eggs, melty cheddar cheese, golden tots, diced onions, ripe tomatoes and spicy jalapeños all wrapped up in a warm flour tortilla"
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm actually fairly angry with myself for it. .......

580. 580!?! I almost cried.

This is not a healthy reaction to overeating by 200 Calories.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Some fast food places are better than others. I tend to go to the ones that post their calorie counts on the menu board.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I had two pop tarts and a Snickers bar for breakfast. I'll go running later today and have plenty of room for dinner and evening snacks.
    No regrets.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm actually fairly angry with myself for it. .......

580. 580!?! I almost cried.

This is not a healthy reaction to overeating by 200 Calories.

Why not? Being angry and frustrated when you find you've overeaten through misjudgement is not necessarily unhealthy.
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    Who'd a thunk, cheese, eggs and fried potatoes would be kinda calorie dense

"Let the big flavor of the SuperSONIC® Breakfast Burrito get you out of bed. A medley of savory sausage, fluffy scrambled eggs, melty cheddar cheese, golden tots, diced onions, ripe tomatoes and spicy jalapeños all wrapped up in a warm flour tortilla"

Haha! I was thinking the exact same thing. THAT was the healthiest option on menu? :noway:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I had two pop tarts and a Snickers bar for breakfast. I'll go running later today and have plenty of room for dinner and evening snacks.
    No regrets.
    haha *big puffyheart for you* \m/
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My husband picked me up a muffin on the way into work a few wks ago thinking he was doing me a favor and it ended up being 600 calories! It was supposed to be 3 servings though. I had some of it but not the whole thing no way jose!
  • CountingCaloriesSuxass
    CountingCaloriesSuxass Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I would have cried....if i was you
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Sadly, the unexpected high calorie realization happens to me ALL the time!!

I have learned to always try to plan my meals ahead of time, especially when we go out. I will log onto the restaurants website and check nutrition. I hardly EVER eat on the fly anymore!!

As long as it's not all the time, I would note worry too much about it. This is a learning process!!

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Gdeeaz
    Gdeeaz Posts: 60
    Options
    This happened to me yesterday. I went to my aunts for fathers day and she ended up ordering Charo Chicken instead of cooking because she broke her leg. I didn't eat a whole lot but when I logged it in it was really high. I ended up doing an extra workout.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    whenever you get stuff like that always assume a 300 to 400 calories more that will help you in not going over your calories
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    My recent surprise came at Zupas. I figure how bad can a 1/2 sandwich and bowl of soup be? Can't remember the exact numbers, but was considerably higher than expected.