• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I know someone's got a recipe for it!!!

You, sir, are dead to me.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Here's a different recipe. At least this one has heavy cream and 2 kinds of cheese in it:

INGREDIENTS
    3/4 cup cooked cauliflower, roughly chopped
    1 egg
    1 cup milk
    1/4 cup heavy or whipping cream
    3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
    1 tsp baking powder
    2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
    1/2 cup grated mild Cheddar cheese
    2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
    1 egg white
    PREPARATION
    Place the cauliflower, egg, milk, and cream in the container of a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl.

Sift the flour with the baking powder. Stir the flour into the cauliflower mixture. Beat until smooth. Add the melted butter and both kinds of cheese.

Beat the egg white until stiff. Fold it into the batter. Cook the waffles on a preheated waffle iron according to the manufacturer's directions. Keep the waffles warm on a rack in a low oven while you make the remaining ones. Serve with Creamy Tomato Sauce.

YIELD
    Makes 6 to 7
    COOK TIME
    Prep Time: 20 mins.
    Cook Time: 10 mins.
    Nutrition Facts
    Nutrition information is provided as a resource. Values will vary depending on specific ingredients used. Serving Size: 1
    Number of Servings: Makes 6 to 7 Amount Per Serving:
    Calories: 372
    Calories from Fat: 215
    Amount per Serving% Daily Value* Amount per Serving% Daily Value* Total Fat 23.94g36% Carbohydrates 28.06g9% Dietary Fiber 1.51g6% Saturated Fat 14.96g74% Calories 372.43kcal18% Cholesterol 74.59mg24% Protein 11.94g19% Sodium 232.91mg9% Calcium6% Iron3% Vitamin A16% Vitamin C19% *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    No ™

Trademarks remain property of Crankstr, Inc, and are used only to directly describe the products being provided. Their use in no way indicates any relationship between the poster, and Crankstr, Inc.
    this.

yeah, this!:angry:

Here's what happened to the last person to tried to fed Cranky cauliflower anything

WIDbS.gif.jpg
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    but.. but.. is there a chia seed mock maple syr...

..I can't even finish that sentence.

LOL :laugh:
  • NatureChik1985
    Options
    Now I want waffles...Real waffles topped with sliced bananas and warm maple syrup!

Oh and real butter...got to have butter!
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    :noway: Never!
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    It's cauliflower and eggs in a blender. Then bake in a waffle iron and enjoy!

(Let me know how it goes. I've never had them myself but I've heard they're almost as yummy as cauliflower overnight oatmeal.)

That sounds amazing!
  • groundhawg
    groundhawg Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Honestly that first cauliflower recipe sounds good, it sounds like traditional potato cakes, which is a dish Grandma used to make. They are spicy, hearty, and wonderful. Cauliflower could add an interesting dimension.

Dont act like a two year old and turn up your nose at food when you havent even tried it. It might be wonderfully delicious, or, it might taste like total *kitten*. But YOU dont know.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    Here's a different recipe. At least this one has heavy cream and 2 kinds of cheese in it:

INGREDIENTS
    3/4 cup cooked cauliflower, roughly chopped
    1 egg
    1 cup milk
    1/4 cup heavy or whipping cream
    3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
    1 tsp baking powder
    2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
    1/2 cup grated mild Cheddar cheese
    2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
    1 egg white
    PREPARATION
    Place the cauliflower, egg, milk, and cream in the container of a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl.

Sift the flour with the baking powder. Stir the flour into the cauliflower mixture. Beat until smooth. Add the melted butter and both kinds of cheese.

Beat the egg white until stiff. Fold it into the batter. Cook the waffles on a preheated waffle iron according to the manufacturer's directions. Keep the waffles warm on a rack in a low oven while you make the remaining ones. Serve with Creamy Tomato Sauce.

YIELD
    Makes 6 to 7
    COOK TIME
    Prep Time: 20 mins.
    Cook Time: 10 mins.
    Nutrition Facts
    Nutrition information is provided as a resource. Values will vary depending on specific ingredients used. Serving Size: 1
    Number of Servings: Makes 6 to 7 Amount Per Serving:
    Calories: 372
    Calories from Fat: 215
    Amount per Serving% Daily Value* Amount per Serving% Daily Value* Total Fat 23.94g36% Carbohydrates 28.06g9% Dietary Fiber 1.51g6% Saturated Fat 14.96g74% Calories 372.43kcal18% Cholesterol 74.59mg24% Protein 11.94g19% Sodium 232.91mg9% Calcium6% Iron3% Vitamin A16% Vitamin C19% *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
    And when done I'd use them for skeet shooting.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Honestly that first cauliflower recipe sounds good, it sounds like traditional potato cakes, which is a dish Grandma used to make. They are spicy, hearty, and wonderful. Cauliflower could add an interesting dimension.

Actually, if I didn't loathe cauliflower so much, I'd be tempted to try these as part of chicken and waffles. You could even substitute in pan roasted chicken and get that great fried chicken taste and crunch without the breading and extra oil.

But, it's cauliflower. So, just no.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Dont act like a two year old and turn up your nose at food when you havent even tried it. It might be wonderfully delicious, or, it might taste like total *kitten*. But YOU dont know.
    Lol, so would you try this?

balut.jpg

BALUT- duck embryo

I love waffles. I just see no need make a substitute for them, IF one knows how to control their calories.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

balut.jpg

BALUT- duck embryo

I love waffles. I just see no need make a substitute for them, IF one knows how to control their calories.

IDEA Fitness member

I personally have a need for a waffle substitute. I don't eat grains or gluten. Why does it matter if I want waffle alternatives?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I eat whole grain waffles but use cauliflower syrup.
  • AbbsyBabbsy
    AbbsyBabbsy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    What's next? Kale waffles?

I'm gluten free and pretty desperate for pizza, so I might try the cauliflower crust, but I draw a line at waffles. Seriously, maple syrup and cauliflower have no business meeting one another.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

balut.jpg

BALUT- duck embryo

IDEA Fitness member

I personally have a need for a waffle substitute. I don't eat grains or gluten. Why does it matter if I want waffle alternatives?
    If you had no problem with grains or gluten, would you substitute? That was my point.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I love cauliflower and would be tempted to try the waffles if only to annoy my husband who hates cauliflower. LOL

Roasted cauliflower with curry is perfection.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What's next? Kale waffles?

I'm gluten free and pretty desperate for pizza, so I might try the cauliflower crust, but I draw a line at waffles. Seriously, maple syrup and cauliflower have no business meeting one another.

Couldn't you make a pizza crust with rice flour? I realize gluten is what gives the crust the elasticity, but surely rice flour would be closer to the real thing than cauliflower.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Im curious to try it if i had the patience and a waffle iron, but of both, i have neither

and why oh why did you show a duck fetus, everyone knows eggs you eat are unfertilised, i was looking forward to my duck egg tomorrow, and fertilised ones are a 'speciality' i'd rather the duck grow, and then eat it, nice with orange sauce

(still going to eat the duck egg)
  • cosmic8o8
    cosmic8o8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Balut is a Filipino thing. I have friends who eat it and enjoy it. Definitely not for me and neither is cauliflower.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yum,