I couldn't believe my breakfast entry!

Options

Replies

• beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Saturday at lunch. I went to Chili's with my boyfriend and his parents and I was hemming and hawing over what I was going to eat...I wound up with my old standby. Turns out the Original Chicken crispers are about 1200 calories WITHOUT the fries. All I can say is that it's a good thing I burned over 1000 calories running just a few hours prior otherwise Saturday would have been all kinds of bad.

But my breakfast, if I have more than just a glass of milk, normally hits between 500-750 calories. It's all good.

Are you surprised those chicken tenders are that bad for you?? I think they are yummy, but they are the biggest tenders I have ever seen...So tasty. And yet SO bad for you. *sigh*

Not surprised...disappointed but not surprised. So so yummy!!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I agree, people sometimes make way to big of a deal over something like this, and it is a little unhealthy to have such a bad reaction to overeating by only 200 calories. Sometimes you just need a damn breakfast burrito hahaha. It's food learn to enjoy it sometimes, just learn how to not overdue it all fo the time!

Nonsense. What health problems would one expect to suffer from getting upset from overeating? Who are you to tell someone else what they can get upset over?
    Nutrient deficiencies for one...but death is the common one.

I would hardly say 500 cal meal is over eating.

MTE
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    YES! in fact not only did I start to cry because I felt so "dumb" by giving up what I really wanted for what I THOUGHT would be a better choice. I even wrote a blog about my melt down :cry:

For me it was a shrimp salad and come to find out the dressing alone was 800 calories plus another almost 200 calories for the lettuce & shrimp.

Our Sonics have the calorie amount on the menu now, maybe you can ask your Sonic to do that.

Edited to say: don't be too hard on yourself. It happens when we have a calorie range we want to stay in but go over, so plan an extra workout or a walk around the block to burn off the difference. Oh and ignore the comments of those who don't encourage you... always gotta be a few. :flowerforyou:
  • mjoshua87
    mjoshua87 Posts: 50
    Options
    YES! The Quesadilla from Boston Pizza... 1120 calories?? WTF :O
  • Quilled
    Quilled Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm actually fairly angry with myself for it. .......

580. 580!?! I almost cried.

This is not a healthy reaction to overeating by 200 Calories.

How so? Obviously she is on a diet now because she was over eating. She is now trying to learn and adjust to counting calories, which as most of us know, trying to estimate calories is a bad idea.

We have all fallen into the trap, and yeah its disappointing and upsetting when we realize we were wrong, but there is no better way to learn a lesson than this. The lessons I remember most are the ones where I ended up being mad/disappointed in myself.

When someone is taking losing weight seriously and has been trying their best, a slip up like this sucks a lot and yeah its kind of a big deal to you because we all know how much work and effort it takes to lose weight. You do feel like you let yourself down when you mess up that way. But the OP has taken the right attitude to say 'learned my lesson next time I will do better' instead of saying 'well I just wont eat anything for the rest of the day' or 'whatever I already screwed up might as well give up'. The farther out you are and the newer you are to this, the more the slip ups hurt. As you keep going, lose more weight, get more comfortable and learn, the slip ups happen less often and you feel okay with slip ups because you have less to lose and know they wont stop you.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Whatevs. Seems like a lot of energy spent on a very minor misjudgment. Do better tomorrow.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Wait...sodiums have got swimmers?
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Ahhh don't beat yourself up about it..... Hey it's good to have a big breakfast..... You eat less throughout the day ..... Well I do!!!!

My breakfast is the biggest meal

Yes.....I ordered a smoothie from McD's......yes a SMOOTHIE, not a burger, chips etc..... To find our it was over 300 cals on here.....yikes, diet coke next time
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Who'd a thunk, cheese, eggs and fried potatoes would be kinda calorie dense

"Let the big flavor of the SuperSONIC® Breakfast Burrito get you out of bed. A medley of savory sausage, fluffy scrambled eggs, melty cheddar cheese, golden tots, diced onions, ripe tomatoes and spicy jalapeños all wrapped up in a warm flour tortilla"

I would bet the tortilla shell alone was approximately 250 calories....if not more.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Ahhh don't beat yourself up about it..... Hey it's good to have a big breakfast..... You eat less throughout the day ..... Well I do!!!!

My breakfast is the biggest meal

Yes.....I ordered a smoothie from McD's......yes a SMOOTHIE, not a burger, chips etc..... To find our it was over 300 cals on here.....yikes, diet coke next time

Water... bring some Mio flavoring.
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    2 Fish Tacos from Ruby Tuesday...they looked innocent enough...661 cal, 48g fat and 1,486mg sodium

Turkey Bacon Ranch Market Fresh Sandwich from Arby's WITHOUT the ranch....660 cal, 20g fat and 1,990mg sodium

Yeah, I thought I was making good choices. :ohwell:
  • Quilled
    Quilled Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't get why this was a surprise. You were eating at Sonic - how could it possibly have gone well?

I dont think she expected it to go well. But I think she expected it to be nowhere near that much. Mostly because a lot of us have learned from ads that anything in a tortilla is a 'healthier' choice because its not bread. I cant deny that when I see a 'wrap' of something I usually assume its lower calorie because of the tortilla, and pretty much everytime when I actually look it up I find out I am wrong... I no longer trust anything in a tortilla (kidding!).

I get what the OP is saying, I went through the same thing when I was starting out. I remember going to a fast food restaurant with friends and instead of a burger I ordered a grilled ham sandwich. For some reason in my head I figured since it wasnt on a bun but rather on toast it would be better and ham instead of a burger was healthier. Well I got it and it was rather small too so I figured I had made a good choice. I dont know why I didnt realize grilled meant soaked in butter and grease because when I looked up the cals on the thing it was astronomical, 1000 cals for a tiny sandwich, yeah it was upsetting, I wouldnt say I almost cried because I am not at all an emotional person but I could see how someone else more emotional than me would feel like crying. I was definitely upset and mad at myself and learned not to eat at fast food restaurants without checking cals first.
  • missylee117
    missylee117 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    anything with carbs is high! always try for whole grain or whole wheat.
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yes--Vegetarian sub from Jimmy Johns: Granted I forgot to tell them to hold the mayo and it had cheese and avocado--but 680 cals when my lunches are normally 400. I was soooo full and figured out why when I got home and looked it up.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Because the words "SUPER sonic burrito" sound really low calorie.
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    One meal isn't going to undo all of your progress. Hell not even one whole day. But seriously, if it has eggs, cheese, FRIED tots etc, you gotta expect it to be high cal. No amount of veggies will help that lol. They probably cook the veggies in oil anyways :laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

You say that as if whole grain or whole wheat somehow makes it less calories.
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I loved going to chipotle and I would always order a burrito bowl and chips and guacamole. The burrito bowl has about 900 calories and the chips and guacamole had 1200 calories in it. This was a super big eye opener. The amount of calories I ate in 1 meal was what I am now eating in 1 full day and working out. Don't let it get you too upset use it as a learning tool and move on. Make sure you drink plenty of water today to rid the body of the extra sodium.

THIS^^^^ OMG! I got SLAMMED when I finally got home to look up the burrito bowl!!! And I thought I made the healthiest choices! no cheese, used beans instead of meat, etc.! NEVER eating there again since it is literally the only item on their menu I can eat.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Whole grains or whole wheat aren't carbs? :huh:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    I miss bagels, croissants, scones, and muffins for this very reason. I love them all but the calorie count is WAY crazy. I also miss english muffins, even at only 150-200, that's pushing it...

ZOMG where'd they go!?

dirch2cm0.gif