FREE 6-week online course in Nutrition thru UCSF starts 6/24

Options

Replies

• QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. :smile: I just signed up.
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This is great! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • healthywtb
    healthywtb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I like coursera courses. Thanks for sharing.
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I don't have time for the course now, but hopefully they will offer it again soon when I do have the time.

Thank you for sharing.
  • Sagitta13
    Sagitta13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanx for sharing, I had no idea about this website! Just signed up for the course :D
  • JustCallMeTori
    JustCallMeTori Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just signed up! Thanks for sharing. I've been considering getting my Master's in Nutrition so this should help me figure out if that is something I really want to do.
  • nadjajhanelle
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this.
    Definitely bookmarking this site.
  • tnicmorris
    tnicmorris Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    BUMP to read and sign up later.
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Great info. Thanks for posting!
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Never heard of this kind of thing-very cool!
  • masonnickey
    masonnickey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain the format of taking this course? Do you just gain access to lectures and notes? Is it interactive? Thanks. I signed up, knowledge is power! :)

Each week, you get access to the lectures and pdf of slides used. The lectures are divided into small chunks to allow for our increasingly short attention spans. In some courses, the lectures are actually less than 5 minutes and there are a bunch of them. Most, however, are in chunks of 10-15 minutes and you have 4-8 of them. Watch them when you have time. If you're going for the certificate of completion, there will be homework assignments and quizzes to complete on a deadline. Homework in this course is peer reviewed -- which also means you will have to review the work of some of your peers. Some courses have midterms and finals. Interactivity is through the course discussion forums, which are active in all of the courses. Many of these courses have tens of thousands of students from all over the world. Give it a try and see what you think.

Can you just get access to the material without having to do the homework or review other people's homework?
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    BTW, thanks a lot for sharing!
  • BrattiAtti
    Options
    Volcanic Eruptions! Woot!

Thanks for the link! :happy:
  • Autazell
    Autazell Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What a cool idea, thanks for sharing.
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks!
  • zosia141
    zosia141 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sajeffe
    sajeffe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain the format of taking this course? Do you just gain access to lectures and notes? Is it interactive? Thanks. I signed up, knowledge is power! :)

Each week, you get access to the lectures and pdf of slides used. The lectures are divided into small chunks to allow for our increasingly short attention spans. In some courses, the lectures are actually less than 5 minutes and there are a bunch of them. Most, however, are in chunks of 10-15 minutes and you have 4-8 of them. Watch them when you have time. If you're going for the certificate of completion, there will be homework assignments and quizzes to complete on a deadline. Homework in this course is peer reviewed -- which also means you will have to review the work of some of your peers. Some courses have midterms and finals. Interactivity is through the course discussion forums, which are active in all of the courses. Many of these courses have tens of thousands of students from all over the world. Give it a try and see what you think.

Can you just get access to the material without having to do the homework or review other people's homework?

Yes! :)
  • jennifershoo
    Options

Yes! :)

Cool! I will register, then!