Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

you know you're taking your diet seriously when...

puckit61
puckit61 Posts: 112 Member
... you count out exactly 45 little chocolate chips to still maintain your goal.

I ate my dinner and I had a little under 200 calories below my goal that I could still eat. I decided to treat myself to some chocolate chips. I laughed when I acknowledged just how ridiculous this might come across to someone else. What is something you found yourself doing in order to accomplish your goal?

Replies

• 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Went on vacation and got a week pass to a local gym so I could still continue to workout.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Your kids didn't finish all their ice cream and instead of eating the remnants, you scrounge up the willpower to toss it out.
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Don't trust the measuring cup and weigh out a portion of trail mix with your food scale instead.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    when you are happy that you dropped a big ol submarine in the evening cause tomorrow morning you can weigh in.
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Your coworkers comment on how you're on a health kick and how they never really see you eat junk food anymore.
  • jesssi1984
    jesssi1984 Posts: 17 Member
    Your kids didn't finish all their ice cream and instead of eating the remnants, you scrounge up the willpower to toss it out.

^^^this! More food goes "wasted" now because I have made such a habit out of it!
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    You resist seconds even when your family is shoving them in your face
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Food tastes better because you don't just spend all day stuffing your face with whatever you see.
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Package up cookies as soon as they are cool to be given away so that I don't snack on them (I develop and test recipes, always baking around!)
  • Nicole6
    Nicole6 Posts: 9 Member
    When you weigh out your 7 grams of croutons on a scale. Which, BTW, is a ridiculously small amount of croutons!
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    You literally body block your kids from taking a piece of something you've already counted or measured out. I know sharing is caring and all of that schlockeroo, but *kitten* gets serious when it comes to food!
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    when you are happy that you dropped a big ol submarine in the evening cause tomorrow morning you can weigh in.

THIS^^^^ LMAO!!!!
  • lilyhel
    lilyhel Posts: 77
    You do not break the diet in your job's parties.
  • chanel1twenty
    chanel1twenty Posts: 161 Member
    You begin having a reoccurring dream of all the food in your house coming into your room in the middle of the night and attacking you in proper Revolutionary War-era formation with tiny food-sized weapons

O.o
  • puckit61
    puckit61 Posts: 112 Member
    You begin having a reoccurring dream of all the food in your house coming into your room in the middle of the night and attacking you in proper Revolutionary War-era formation with tiny food-sized weapons

O.o

This one made me laugh :)
  • rosiepott
    rosiepott Posts: 7
    You stop drinking a large double double (to all my Canadien brothers and Sisters out there...) because it puts your sugar through the roof for the day...
  • count every single gram/ounce that you eat! lol. i go crazy with my food scale weighing my mushrooms, tomatoes, anything really.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    I knew I was serious about it this time because I didn't tell anyone I was doing it. I just joined a gym and started going. I usually would make a big presentation of it and wouldn't follow through. This time I just did it. No fanfare.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,357 Member
    I knew I was serious when I quit calling it a diet and started calling it a life style hehe...
  • knittingwitch
    knittingwitch Posts: 231 Member
    when your at a party and you're counting out chips while people waight.