Am I The Only Eating 1200 Cals A Day?

Options
Hey There..

I've been Reading Posts And It Seems Like Everyone Is Eating 2000+ Calories.And They Think 1200 Is Too Low.But Then MFP set me for 1.2 A Day.Is There Anyone Else On 1200?

Replies

• amonieg
    amonieg Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on your body and your activity level, My goal is to eat 1200 but net less after working out. I definitely want to stay way under 2000 calories.
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I set it to 1250 so I can be "around" 1200. I also don't eat back many of my exercise calories. It worked for me the first time around (lost 17 pounds last year, gained back 10 when stress/life/lack of exercise time hit during he school year)
  • Kiss_Her_Act
    Options
    I Guess I have To Depend On My Workouts 'cause I Burn Lots Of Calories.I do 60 minutes Of working Out 30 in the morning and 30 in the evening..Then I Can Eat Again To Cover My 1.2..I Never Eat More Than That.
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm doing really well with mine set at 1870, and eating back some exercise calories. Been losing consistently every week since I started on February 24, 2013.
  • myfriendb00
    myfriendb00 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I always stay around 1200 as that is also my set allowance. I also make sure I walk my 2 miles everyday...and that allows me 332 more calories! So far its working!
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    It's all personal. On 2000 I'd shred but don't see how a lot of women could on it. It's all based off your stats and activity.
  • miscette
    miscette Posts: 5
    Options
    I hover around 800-1200. I am extremely sedentary though.
  • ladybuggprincess99
    ladybuggprincess99 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hey There..

I've been Reading Posts And It Seems Like Everyone Is Eating 2000+ Calories.And They Think 1200 Is Too Low.But Then MFP set me for 1.2 A Day.Is There Anyone Else On 1200?

I do 1200 and my doctor is perfectly fine with it. Some things don't work for everyone. If it works for you, do it. If it doesn't, change it. It's not their body, it's yours. :)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Depends on sex, weight, height, goals, and activity level. 1200 would not be healthy for me 53 yo, male 6'3" tall 1200 may well be a good goal for a 5'3" female who is relatively sedentary, however.
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm doing really well with mine set at 1870, and eating back some exercise calories. Been losing consistently every week since I started on February 24, 2013.

I'm at 1870 as well! I usually finish out the day at 1540 though because of exercise. It does really work.
  • Kiss_Her_Act
    Options
    I set it to 1250 so I can be "around" 1200. I also don't eat back many of my exercise calories. It worked for me the first time around (lost 17 pounds last year, gained back 10 when stress/life/lack of exercise time hit during he school year)

I Also Dont Eat Calories Burnt Back, But When I Dont MFB Says Im Undereating **sigh**
  • SiempreBella
    SiempreBella Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I eat my cals back and it is working for me. Well, I eat when I am hungry.
  • myfriendb00
    myfriendb00 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I hover around 800-1200. I am extremely sedentary though.
    [/quote YIKES! 800! what do you live on?? I eat yogurt for 2 meals a day...and once I add fruit and some grape nuts...I have very little wiggle room at 1200...cant magine 800!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    For 1200 you must be small, sedentary, and wanting to lose 2# a week. I like to eat and stall if not eating well. I am set for 1580 and eat back some of my exercise calories. I have been maintaining for a long time but did have a loss when I upped my calories. Hoping eating more will decrease my loss of control days and steady my weight loss.
  • QueensGirl83
    QueensGirl83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am currently aiming for 1,600 a day and, believe it or not, it seems that a l lot of people on here think even that is too low. However, that is customized to my height/activity level. Feel free to add me.
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    I started on MFP eating between 1700 to 1900 calories a day because I was eating back most of my workout calories and I lost about 15 to 19 pounds doing that, then my weight loss stalled for a whole month. Then I bought hip hop abs and Body Revolution and both programs suggested meal plans around 1200 calories a day (nothing said about you having to eat back your workout calories). For the past 2 months I have been eating around 1200 calories most days and I have lost another 15 pounds and I am still losing. My ultimate goal for 2013 is to get down to 150 pounds and I am hoping to get there by late October, mid November. My starting weight was 217 pounds, my current weight is 185 pounds as of this morning. Once I get to 150 pounds I will reconsider if I want to continue losing or if I want to built more muscle and I will work towards new goals during 2014. Long story short, 1200 calories (I also eat more Proteins than carbs) a day are working for me now. You should do what works for your body and your goals.
  • cng31183
    cng31183 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Mine is set at 1560. Tend to go over on days when I'm not paying attention but on days when I behave and eat my lean meats and veg the opposite is true and I have a hard time making it to 1200.
  • Kiss_Her_Act
    Options
    It Absolutely Does Work For Me.And My Body Is Not Complaining.Im Not Starving Myself Any Ways Just Eating Less As Instructed And It Feels Good.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    1200 calories are for small framed people who are sedentary.
  • amonieg
    amonieg Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If it's working for you that's great!