30 Day shred Friends :)

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @dancing--is it possible you were retaining water yesterday? I know if I have a really high sodium day, I get bloated all over and it affects my measurements as well as weight. Whatever the fluke, congrats on the loss!

Did L1D7 today--I'm getting kind of bored with this level so I'm excited that I only need to do it 3 more times. The only good thing about it is that I know the routine so I don't have to listen to Jillian. :devil:
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Well had three horrible days and didn't do any 30DS. But...tonight I'm doing L1D6. I'm with skinnyjeansz...I'm getting bored with this level. Not because I'm good at it, but the fact its the same thing. But like she said --- I have 3 more after this.
  • emelydleon
    emelydleon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    On day 9 level 2 of the 4 level 30 day shred. yesterday i did my first level 2 work out and it was horrible not looking forward to it today but gonna keep at it. It's like its level 2.9 really! She incorporated alot of leg work while in a high plank position which i hate, I have really thick legs so those babies are heavy. :( i did so many subs yesterday it was like a whole different workout.
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options

A little disappointed with my weight, I actually gained .6. Does anyone think this is normal? My only off day this week was today and I weighed in prior to some indulgences this afternoon anyway. In fact I've been a little under calories for the most part.
    When you start exercising especially weight training your muscles store extra glycogen and water for repair. Don't worry, keep at it and you will see results. Regular rest days (full rest) are important for recovery.

Thanks MicheleWE! I have 3 days into level 2 now.
  • MizzEngelChen
    MizzEngelChen Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I did day 7 of level 1 yesterday and am probably gonna take a rest today. So far I'm a little frustrated that it's not getting easier. =o/ My arms can hardly do the lifts (especially the first and last compound movement) but I only get sore on my legs, which don't feel that bad during the exercise. So far I haven't noticed my arms getting stronger and being able to do the exercises better.
    How was it with you? When did you start feeling some results? xoP
  • thulasoni311
    thulasoni311 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    whats this 30 days shred? please post this for me..... i wanna join in pleaseeee
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hi everyone-
    I did L1D7 yesterday, and then last might my shoulder really started hurting. :grumble: I'm not sure what I did to it, but it's definitely injured (not just soreness) Did L1D8 this morning, but I had to modify some of the moves--for example, the push ups just hurt my shoulder way too much, so I did planks instead. Also, couldn't do the anterior raises with the side lunges (3rd compound move) with the 5 lb weights I'd been using. I don't have any lighter weights, so I just held one 5 lb weight with both hands which seemed to work.

I was planning to do one more day before my next rest day--will see how my shoulder feels tomorrow and decide whether to move up my rest day.

@missengel--I agree about the arms. Mine don't feel any stronger than when I started. If anything, I can do less of the arm movements due to hurting my shoulder. :ohwell: I feel like I'm making progress with my abs and legs though, so at least that's something. No results for me yet--but I'm at the same point as you.

@emely--ugh, the legwork in plank position sounds awful! I have a hard enough time just holding a plank! I'm going to watch level 2 tonight to see what I'm in for in a couple of days. :noway: On the other hand, with the way my shoulder feels, that actually sounds preferable to push ups. I felt the same way about all of the modifications I was making to today's workout, but hey, at least we still did it! :flowerforyou:

@thulas--if you go back through the thread someone already explained it, and where to find it on youtube. Feel free to start it and join in with us. :smile:
  • NewCaddy
    Options
    Level 1 Day 7 done. Those dang bicycle crunches at the end...i think I'm getting worse at them instead of better!

@GabbyLab -- yup, my weight is almost always up the morning after I do strength training. I'm newer at it and I know I don't get adequate water. I'm working at it though!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

@Karen -- be careful with that shoulder...don't want to aggrevate it. I think a rest is probably in order (and maybe a little ice???)
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 3rd round of the 30 day shred, I will help ya through it if ya want, just leave a message in the friend request and I'd be happy to support ya.

This is the first time I actually finished it, but I lost 16 inches this round and 1 pound, the 1 pound put me at my goal weight.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Wow--24 hrs with no posts--please tell me you didn't all quit! :laugh:

My shoulder was felling much better, so I did L1D9 today. Continued to modify the push ups and the anterior raises, but overall I felt pretty good.

@fithooker--congrats on meeting your goal weight! :drinker: I have to admit, I stalked your profile page to see if I could figure out the origin of your name. The explanation made me LOL! :laugh:

@tracy--yes, those bicycle crunches are a killer! Just wait 'til you see circuit 3 abs for level 2--I just watched the video today, and I'm very afraid! :noway: I think I'll be begging to do bicycle crunches.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 7 done. Those dang bicycle crunches at the end...i think I'm getting worse at them instead of better!

Those are tough for me too because my inner thigh muscles get pulled easily and are weak. It helps if I don't lower my legs as much. I push them upwards instead and don't extend them all the way.

Today is my 3rd time doing 30ds level 1. That first circuit is a killer for me! The next two are still challenging but that first one is a doozy. I've decided to do 30ds on Mon/Wed/Fri with a 20 weights workout added on and I'll do cardio on Tues/Thurs so I won't be working my muscles with weights two days in a row. I know I won't get the same results but the high impact cardio in 30ds seems to be hard on my knees and inner thighs so I need to cut back a little.
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 8 of level 2. Have had some soreness, mostly in my calves. My shoulders really burn toward the end of the strength moves. I have dropped a couple pounds and pretty sure some inches but want to put off measuring till the end of the month. I think I can see those bones in my neck/chest area now and pretty sure those are shoulder muscle bumps that are becoming more visible. I find level two to be so different from level 1. I did level 1 seven days, rest day, level 1 2 more days, then started level 2. I have added more rest days so far to level 2, I have taken 2 already and I am only on day 8! But I have been biking a lot and time and tiredness have prevailed. Sometimes I substitute moves from level one back in for double jump rope in Level 2. My big girls just only want so much jumping sometime! Hang in there guys - I am looking forward to Level 3. I do feel I am getting stronger and that feeling is greater after a rest day! I might suggest not taking two rest days in a row but adding a rest day in more frequently? Seems to perk me up.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 8 of level 2. Have had some soreness, mostly in my calves. My shoulders really burn toward the end of the strength moves. I have dropped a couple pounds and pretty sure some inches but want to put off measuring till the end of the month. I think I can see those bones in my neck/chest area now and pretty sure those are shoulder muscle bumps that are becoming more visible. I find level two to be so different from level 1. I did level 1 seven days, rest day, level 1 2 more days, then started level 2. I have added more rest days so far to level 2, I have taken 2 already and I am only on day 8! But I have been biking a lot and time and tiredness have prevailed. Sometimes I substitute moves from level one back in for double jump rope in Level 2. My big girls just only want so much jumping sometime! Hang in there guys - I am looking forward to Level 3. I do feel I am getting stronger and that feeling is greater after a rest day! I might suggest not taking two rest days in a row but adding a rest day in more frequently? Seems to perk me up.

I've found that I have to wear two sports bras for 30DS. It helps with the jumping jacks and jump rope.
  • khloee1
    khloee1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am on L2D8. I find I can do this level better than L1 but I sweat much, much more with L2...weird. Anyway, I too get bored of the same work out every day but hang in there. I am also doing the 30D Squat Challenge..ouch!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    OMG I totally understand the sports bra thing... it hurts so much sometimes!
    I'm on L1D5 tomorrow. I'm doing it 3x a week at the moment. I'm going to try to up it to Monday through Friday. It's i,possible for me to do it on the weekends because I work long hours. So currently it's 30DS 3x a week and AquaZumba 2x a week.
  • projectcosplay
    projectcosplay Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred way later than all of you, but congrats on being awesome and keeping with it everyone! I had a question about the program. I'm on day 3 of level one and am in pretty good shape already...do you think it is worth it to move ahead to level two after 5 days of level one?

Any input would be awesome. Thank you in advance!
  • saucybgl
    saucybgl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I started 30DS on Monday, had to skip Tues, my quads were so sore. Felt it in my arms and chest, too, but quads were the killer. I did day 2 last night, and feel much better. I took measurements last night, so we'll see! Good luck, everyone!!
  • NewCaddy
    Options
    Level 1 Day 9 for me tonight. But wanted to jump in here. Those of you that have "the girls" problem, I found that a regular bra with a sports bra over the top is the best way to keep them in their place. :laugh:

@Ninkyou --- AquaZumba??? is that a class at your gym? I'm intrigued!

@project -- I think you could move ahead, but probably won't get the same results. My understanding (and please know this is from others, not myself as I'm still in Level 1) is that each set works your body just a bit differently so if you skip Level 1 you might not get the same muscles being worked for the same amount of time.
  • ASB2683
    ASB2683 Posts: 12
    Options
    Started the 30 day shred last night! I am a little sore today, so we'll see how tonight goes!

Age - 29
    Starting weight-127
    Current GW-120
    Mainly looking to drop a few pounds and tone up!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Welcome to the newlings! :flowerforyou:

@ASB--I was really sore after day 1 and DREADING day 2, but it actually wasn't so bad.

@saucy--it's so funny to me how it affects many of us differently. For example, I had zero soreness in my quads, but my calves were killing me for the 1st few days. I guess it depends on what other types of exercise we do and our form during the moves themselves?

@project--I agree with tracy (tlh)--though the levels do get a bit more challenging, they work different muscle groups so I don't think it would be wise to skip ahead. Could you challenge yourself more with heavier weights or with pushing yourself to go deeper in the squats and lunges?

@judykat--I agree that it makes more sense to spread out the rest days if your schedule allows it.

AFM--it's my 2nd rest day this week and then tomorrow is my last day of level 1. Can't wait to start level 2! Remind me I said that when I come back here crying about how sore I am in a few days. :laugh: