90 Day Weight Loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• Shaqueta
    Shaqueta Posts: 75
    Options
    Thanks I'm looking forward to being involved so I can stay focused and on track. I think I have the most weight to lose. I'm currently 260 ( my profile picture was taken this weekend) I would love to be 185 I look thin at that weight. so I know this will take a while but I have the faith that I can do this. I had a great shape and I want it back.
  • crc822001
    crc822001 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am there with you Shaqueta. I have had 4 kids (a set of twin 10 year olds, a 4 year old, and an 8 month old). I keep envisioning myself before I got pregnant with the 4 year old and that is the body I want back. I get upset when people tell me I can't do it and to let it go and it makes me become obsessive about it.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Krazie4u247: If you haven’t ate chips or junk like that in a while, your body will definitely act negative to it. Two days ago there was a hotdog/burger sale and everyone kept telling me I could eat one, but I told them I haven’t had that in so long, I’d probably get sick. And I hate to say, but their cause was not worth me feeling miserable, so I only donated.

Shaqueta and Crcc822001: Both of you have the right motivation. Determination. Determination to get back what you once had. No one can ever prevent you from achieving your goals but yourself. I believe that both of you can get to the goal that you’ve set for yourselves.

My boxing coach switched my training date to tomorrow, so I am sitting on my couch wondering if I should go to the gym or not. Normally Friday’s are my day off and I’m really tempted to let it remain that way, because tomorrow I will go to step and then boxing in the afternoon. I will do some abs and push-ups tonight.
    Everyone, enjoy your Friday.
  • xarchie1980x
    xarchie1980x Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in:

My SW last week =159.4

Today's weight = 156.6

So I lost 2.8 pounds!!!

I missed work-out for 2 days this week... So I was expecting no change as well... But I m glad to see this! :)

Hope everyone has a happy Friday weigh in!! :)
  • sq83
    sq83 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just joined MFP and I think its amazing how all of you are helping each other stay motivated!! I know i definitely need someone to keep me motivated, cuz honestly I'm a slacker... anyway i think the 90 day challenge is a great way to start off, so if its not too late i would also like to join this challenge.
  • krazie4u247
    krazie4u247 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP and I think its amazing how all of you are helping each other stay motivated!! I know i definitely need someone to keep me motivated, cuz honestly I'm a slacker... anyway i think the 90 day challenge is a great way to start off, so if its not too late i would also like to join this challenge.

It is not to late to join the challenge. Friday's are our weigh in day. Since you are just starting just post your weight today and that will be your starting weight.
  • krazie4u247
    krazie4u247 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My weight this morning was: 175. I began the challenge at 178. When I started my LTF 90 day Challenge on the 7th I was 181. So I am making progress. It's probably because I got sick but hopefully I can just eat clean for now on and keep the weight off.
  • Shaqueta
    Shaqueta Posts: 75
    Options
    I know today is weigh in day !!!

I weigh 258 lbs as of 6:45am :happy:

1778742.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • melcap
    melcap Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I weigh 143.... no change :(
  • crc822001
    crc822001 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I weighed in today and there was no loss (no gain either). I think it is partly b/c I had limited access to the gym this week and didn't do anything at home either!

Today I am changing my regimen, making it more intense. Not discouraged, but determined!
  • eastcoaster
    Options
    I lost a little on the scale, but I know I am gaining muscle!

On Monday
    August 16th I weighed 156.
    August 20th I am at 155.8!
  • grammadonna
    Options
    On Monday I weighed 158. Now I am at 155! 3 lb. loss!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    WOW! :bigsmile: Congrats everyone on their scale successes this week! I will be weighing tomorrow since I'm on a personal challenge to myself to only weigh in every 10 days this month. So I'll report in then. Hopefully there will be a loss...I'm doing lots of carbs today because I am in a road race tomorrow. Should be an "easy" :laugh: one because this one is only 2 miles & on flat ground. The last one I did was 7 miles & nothing but hills! :noway:
  • teetee1281
    Options
    I forgot to post my weight with post. Yesterday I weighed in at 147.4.
  • got2_run
    got2_run Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Weigh in at 211....Am soooooo glad I measured as I actually gained half a pound, but lost an inch off of my hips. Yay! Still, would love to be 20 lbs lighter in 90 days. That would get me past the nasty O word (Obese), and under 200.

Another side benefit? My very overweight dog is looking great! lol
  • sq83
    sq83 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am starting this challenge off at 170 pounds.:embarassed:
  • king6083
    king6083 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hai.

I'd like to join yall in this challenge. I know I'm a bit late, but I'll catch up. Goal is to drop 19 pounds. Current weight at 194.

Also, has anyone else experienced the calorie calculator to be waaay off for them? The calc suggest I eat 1600 cals/day to lose 2lbs/wk. Last month (July) I dropped 10 pounds (to get where I'm at now) eating what I would estimate to be 3500 calories per day. 2,700 scheduled daily with some snacks here and there and a pizza on Sunday that I estimate at 3500 cals. Yep. It's worth every one of those calories :)

This month I've been fortunate enough to have a couple different parts of my family in town that I haven't seen in years, so exercise was one of the priorities that got pushed back. My weight has held steady the last few weeks without exercise, so possibly I'm just underestimating my exercise calories?

Anyway, count me in. This weekend is Teh Big Suck and I won't be able to get any exercise in so you get another couple days head start. But after that.... I'm coming like a freight train. Hop on and let's go to goal! Alternately, you can stand in front and I'll push ya.

Bai.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Just got home from the 2 mile road race I did this morning! I actually finished 4th in my division! :bigsmile: :noway: :bigsmile: Impressed the heck outta myself! YAY Me!
    Weigh in this morning wasn't too exciting, but hey it was a loss at least!

08-17-10 218.0
    08-21-10 217.2
    08-31-10
    09-07-10 Goal >>>> 210
    09-17-10
    09-25-10
    09-30-10
    10-08-10 Goal >>>>200 >>>>>Leave for my CRUISE!
    10-21-10 Goal >>>>199 >>>>>My 39th Birthday!
    10-31-10
    11-05-10
    11-15-10 Goal >>>> 193 (25 lbs lost in 90 day Challenge)
  • harper6702
    Options
    Starting today, using yesterday (Friday's weight) 186. Trying to lose 1 pound a week, so 90 days would be 13 pounds. That would make me happy.
  • teetee1281
    Options
    King, I love your motivation, I'll be the caboose wrapping it up. As for you calories question, when I orignally started I think it had me on 1200 and I lost pretty well on that. Then when I changed it to maintenance, it was 1700, I found it so hard to eat that much. Now, I am trying to lose a little more weight so I am at 1500 a day. I normally get between 1200-1500 daily.

Kintegra: Congrats on the completion of your race! I like how you are weighing in every 10 days. May I ask what made you do it like that?

This morning, I ran a PT class, I burned 610 with them and that was not even doing everything they were doing. After I ran 3.1 miles on the treadmill and then worked my arms and abs. I feel great this morning and excited that my eating habits this weekend were not that bad and that I actually lost a little. I am not taking that for my weigh in because I will stick to weighing in on the same day, but I think I will use a Sunday morning weigh-in to see how bad my choices are and how they are affecting me.

Everyone enjoy your Sunday, for me, I'm already in the office, halfway through with my day.