Hardest thing about losing weight...

Options

Replies

• Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I find it's harder to lose as I get closer to my goal. These last 20 pounds just don't wanna budge! So yeah, probably patience for me. XD
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Patience, patience, patience. No matter how many times I fell off the wagon, I got back on, no matter how many times I gave up exercise, I always re-started, but waiting to see the fruits of my labor... frustrating. Especially when that 4 month plateau hit and I thought it was hopeless.

Also, the hardest part is the last 15. I have been at it for a year, and nothing will get it off. o.o
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Not seeing the scale drop sometimes
    Being judged that I am overly consumed with my new lifestyle of exercising and eating healthy and people saying I am obsessive or scared of food and have a problem, no I am just thinking more about what I eat, to those I say "it is called mindful eating".
  • littlelady2b
    littlelady2b Posts: 104
    Options
    The hardest part for me is lack of support I have friends on my page that I support all the time but I rarely get it back. I put an I need help question up on my page to see how many people would answer me and no one did. So I feel like I'm on my own here. Other than that the site is great. :frown:
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    For me the question would have to read "is" rather than "was". The most difficult thing about trying to lose weight is having those times when I KNOW that I've been kicking my own butt, yet not having any weight loss in that week or few days or what have you. I suppose my answer is that patience is a virtue...one that I don't seem to have acquired yet. :grumble: :embarassed:
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    is not loosing it...
    despite a healthy lifestyle. Eating right and exercising regularly!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Balancing my performance goals, with the weight loss goals. I've always been a "I want to have my cake, and eat it too" kind of girl.
  • megs2003
    megs2003 Posts: 90
    Options
    The hardest part for me is lack of support I have friends on my page that I support all the time but I rarely get it back. I put an I need help question up on my page to see how many people would answer me and no one did. So I feel like I'm on my own here. Other than that the site is great. :frown:

You might need some new friends! You can add me if you want.

Same as everyone - consistency and patience. I travel a lot for work and find it hard to stay on track while away and then sometimes it takes a week or two to get back on track. Add to that when I am being consistent, I keep expecting big changes, even though I know it takes time, especially since I don't have that much to lose to get to my first goal.
  • VanessaG02
    VanessaG02 Posts: 50 Member
    Options

I completely understand how you feel. My solutions was to still motivate and support them b/c everyone needs help but to also get some active friends that we could equally motivate and support each other. That has definitely helped me out a lot. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I log on everyday, or at least I try too!

The hardest thing for me is not only staying motivated when I don't see any change but also trying to fit more exercise into my daily routine. I work a lot and always find myself exhausted at the end of the day. Monday through Thursday are the worst for me. Friday and the weekends are much easier b/c its more of a relaxed day and I have more time to get my workouts in. I keep telling myself baby steps!
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I've been stung by the unexpected line in the sand that appeared with people I care about. I decided to be great. I decided to become the best of me. They don't like it and won't come with and be their best too. It makes them uncomfortable and avoid me and that hurts. And no I'm not dogmatic, just happy. I had some crabs in a barrel I didn't know about. :(
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    The fact that I I never look like Pink after my workouts. Changes are slow.
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    For me it's dealing with the slow progression. I like instant results and sometimes it seems like a never ending drudgery of watching what I eat, dreading going over my limits, and exercising on days when I'd rather be lump. Most of the days I love what I do but I do wish I could get my dream body faster.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

The social scene here takes some time to figure out, at least it did for me. You have to find other people who are going to keep an eye on their wall. Generally people who are active in the forums are a good bet. Also, people with whom you have stuff in common. I think it took me getting up to a pretty good number of friends and joining some groups to actually feel like this place was social.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I've been stung by the unexpected line in the sand that appeared with people I care about. I decided to be great. I decided to become the best of me. They don't like it and won't come with and be their best too. It makes them uncomfortable and avoid me and that hurts. And no I'm not dogmatic, just happy. I had some crabs in a barrel I didn't know about. :(

Hugs. :heart:

Your progress makes me really happy. Hopefully your family/friends will get on board eventually.
  • ShesReady2Live
    Options
    You're not alone, I need some people to keep me going also, I have a long way to go. You can do it!
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Hardest part for me was transitioning into maintenance and realizing there's gobs of resources/support/info on weight loss, but almost NOTHING for how to do maintenance. No wonder there's a 95% fail rate for long term weight loss success :grumble:
  • Beachtreasures
    Beachtreasures Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I have just returned after a couple of months away from MFP because I was completely off track. It took me that long to get my head back in the program. This site is amazing and works if you stick to it! I like to think of this as a life change and not a yoyo diet. We sometime falter, but pick ourselves back up and keep trying. Best of luck on your journey! Feel free to add me.
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    staying within my cals (and I keep them at a fairly high range~1750/day), and abstaining from unhealthy food choices in restaurants.

often, i want to eat over my cals, and do so. then, i don't see loss, so i get discouraged, etc
    also, i want fried veggies, or tofu in rich sauces, and that can derail me at restaurants.

but i am learning how this patterns hurt me, and committing to working harder and taking this weight OFF!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Balancing my performance goals, with the weight loss goals. I've always been a "I want to have my cake, and eat it too" kind of girl.

This. I want to lift more, and I want more muscle, but I want less fat at the same time? Arghhh!

The rest is easy.
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Staying consistent with working out, which is why I joined an Insanity 60-day challenge. Not because I thought I was remotely read for it, but because I thought if I could commit to 60 days of 6x a week workouts then I'd have a good habit formed. So far, it's working! I look forward to some workouts more than others, and I couldn't JUST do Insanity - had to mix it up - but it's no longer a 'am I going to workout or not' question.

Staying on track with my food when I'm traveling for work. I love wine, and it's easy to make bad choices when out with friends and coworkers, and having a pretty good amount of money I can use for meals every day makes it 'easier' to make bad choices.