Hardest thing about losing weight...

Options

Replies

• stefi2107
    stefi2107 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Not being able to see my progress and how far I've come. My mind still hasnt caught up and sees in the mirror a girl that still weighs an extra 120 pounds. Ill say to my husband when I get skinny... He's like you are skinny I just laugh and say your suspose to say that.
  • shannonmarie752487
    Options
    This thread makes me feel a lot better. I'm on my third week, and the scale went down and then back up again. I revised my diet and workout, so the scale is moving down a little again. Now I know to be very patient and not worry about the numbers so much. Seeing the pounds lost really makes me want to stick with this for the long haul instead of the usual crash diet and gain roller coaster I'm usually on.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Patience the waiting game

TRAIN INSANE OR Remain The Same
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    The hardest have been the plateaus. I've wanted to give up and just "accept" the weight I was at a few times along the way because of them, or the "big one" really, but I am SO glad that I kept going. After a month of hanging onto the same weight, it started to fall right off after a few days past. Definitely worth not going in.
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    I find it's harder to lose as I get closer to my goal. These last 20 pounds just don't wanna budge! So yeah, probably patience for me. XD

^^^THIS!!^^^^
  • MrsWells1983
    MrsWells1983 Posts: 160
    Options
    Moderating my strong desire for food

Yup, I'm a foodie, I married into a family of foodies, not good!

Also I don't know when to stop. It's like when I get drunk, I'm one of those people that parties on until I pass out. I could eat food until I vomit, there's no off switch. At a party I hate having food in front of me because I have to eat it. THAT has been the hardest part, the self control!
  • littlelady2b
    littlelady2b Posts: 104
    Options
    The hardest part for me is lack of support I have friends on my page that I support all the time but I rarely get it back. I put an I need help question up on my page to see how many people would answer me and no one did. So I feel like I'm on my own here. Other than that the site is great. :frown:

The social scene here takes some time to figure out, at least it did for me. You have to find other people who are going to keep an eye on their wall. Generally people who are active in the forums are a good bet. Also, people with whom you have stuff in common. I think it took me getting up to a pretty good number of friends and joining some groups to actually feel like this place was social.

that makes sense hun I guess I just haven't quite figured it out yet lol. I love helping people and supporting them on their weight loss journey and some people I guess are just busy and don't have the time which I understand. Thanks
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I've been stung by the unexpected line in the sand that appeared with people I care about. I decided to be great. I decided to become the best of me. They don't like it and won't come with and be their best too. It makes them uncomfortable and avoid me and that hurts. And no I'm not dogmatic, just happy. I had some crabs in a barrel I didn't know about. :(

Hugs. :heart:

Your progress makes me really happy. Hopefully your family/friends will get on board eventually.

I'm with Amber on this. You have so much to be proud of.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    The fact that I I never look like Pink after my workouts. Changes are slow.

No freaking kidding, that woman is stunning.
  • merediththemom
    merediththemom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Patience for sure. Hanging in after the initial fast losses. Knowing that I'm still going to be fat, even after I've lost 50 pounds, and staying motivated to keep going.
  • beautifuldiskize
    Options
    Fighting food cravings! I could exercise everyday. It's that damn bag of chips or cookie that I'm always wanting.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Is actually losing it (personally speaking) I have tried all sorts but finally seem to found something that works for me which is a blessing had a constant loss for near on three weeks now.
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Another thing is dealing with people who know I'm trying to lose weight who pressure me to join Weight Watchers or lecture me for not eating/drinking diet or low fat versions of foods. I just had a salad with bacon and goddess dressing and I'm under on cals on macros with no fiddling around to come up with points.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Moderating my strong desire for food

this.. for sure. I love my food and eating at or beneath my calories is nothing but work for me. i get tired of thinking about it.
  • nindakay
    nindakay Posts: 15
    Options
    Feeling like I'm hungry ALL THE TIME!!!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    My bloody binges..
  • RCottonRPh
    RCottonRPh Posts: 148
    Options
    Keeping at it when the scale isn't moving.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    The constant reminders of how much further I have to go.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    The hardest thing for me is that when I have a success and reach a mini-goal, my tendency is to stop or regress. I need to just say YAY for reaching that goal, but let's continue on to reach that big goal on the horizon.

I know that it is good to set small goals in front of your big (end) goal, but for me it seems to just trip me up!
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Not killing anyone while I'm dieting.