• alethea88
    alethea88 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    never
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I'd pay.

Not a huge amount - but maybe $1-$3 a month.

I'd imagine that they could come up with better funding models though. I'd really like them to replace the crappy app my company provides access to (we get health rebates - so I have to dual log exercise over there until I earn those (12 weeks a year)).
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    fee yes- ongoing payments no
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    If it was a one time up to 15$ fee..maybe.. But they would have to add a BUTT TON of new features. But overall I still love this site :)
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I'd pay. I've paid for worse. MFP rocks.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    you don't see the tonsss of publicity they have here? they most get a lot of money out of all of them.,,,... if they charge most people would leave and it wont be good for them
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    depends on the cost...
  • foot1647
    foot1647 Posts: 92
    Options
    I wouldn't pay to type my calories into a site. No offense to the site people (this site is honestly great for me!) but I could just count and add on my phones notepad, with a pencil and paper or another free site. I like this for the convenience of selecting my food tab, selecting lunch and selecting my recipe for my sandwich, done.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Maybe years ago when I was just starting out I'd pay. But I've pretty much learned all the tools now that this site offers and can do things on my own. So no.
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I would deactivate as well. There are other free apps out there - I'd be sad though because this is the best I've found.
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    If they offered a cleaner food database, or additional calorie tracking methods than NEAT right out of the box, then I'd consider it.

This. Also if they fixed the recipe section, so that I don't have to search and re-enter a food item when I just want to change the quantity.

Agree. The site would have to be a lot more user-friendly for me to even consider it. The database and recipe section are two key areas that need addressing. And then the fee would have to be somewhat nominal.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    If it meant and ad free upgraded site, perhaps, but it would need to be a reasonable fee. I don't see it happening since they have I suspect huge revenues from bombarding us with ads that the fee would have to be pretty fierce to replace the ads. Now if it was keep the ads and charge, then sadly I would likely deactivate. I don't like a site where they want their cake and eat it too.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    the price-point would have to be right, but I would support these guys, because they have done a lot of good for all of us.

technically it would probably be a sliding scale, like for extra info, or macro info you have to upgrade your account for a nominal fee.

I cant say I would be happy about it.
  • C12254
    C12254 Posts: 198
    Options
    Nope and honestly i wouldnt miss it. the few "friends" ive made on here i stay in contact with beyond MFP.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    If it meant I didn't have to see pizza hut and McDonald's ads every time I log in then, yes, I'd consider it.... but more likely I'd just find another free app to use instead.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    I already track all of my stuff in spreadsheets. I really only use this for fun during the week, and letting others see how my progress is going.

So nope. I'd be gone.
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    They would never do that. They would, like other sites, offer a for pay with added features. I would pay.
  • bad_hair_bear
    Options
    I *might* pay. Dependant on a lot of factors.

1) Ad-free site
    2) Price is reasonable
    3) Cleaner database
    4) Syncing with runkeeper
    5) A much better recipes section - I tend to make the same meal in a slightly different way each time, and being able to tweak quantities without deleting + re-adding would be a lot better.

But then again, there are plenty of free sites out there so I might just end up at one of those instead.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'd go back to LoseIt! or some other app.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I might pay for extra (optional) conveniences, but not for basic access.