I could go it alone, wouldn't be the same but if I had to I would :cry:
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    nope, it would be good bye MFP!!!!!!!
  • Ogirl07
    Ogirl07 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It depends on the price, honestly I am here because I have found that the MFP mobile app and the site are superior to the WW mobile app and site. I was paying $20 a month for WW online. I found that a tad bit pricey. If it wasn't too much, I would definitely pay, especially if it was like $10 a month or something. Also, they would have to improve the recipes function.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    depends on how much it is. $5 or something a month, I'd probably stay.
  • Naywifey07
    Naywifey07 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    No, I will find another free site with more than just 2-3 motivating friends when I have about 20 in total!!!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I would not pay, although I am very happy with the tracking tools and the boards as well as the ability to use outside products to add in my exercise, etc. I would probably start using my Fitness monitor and HRM constantly to monitor caloric burns from regular activity and exercise and then make my own 'tracker' and would keep an insane level of tracking to ensure I was getting the right amount in to have a proper 500-1000 calorie deficit.

I have the knowledge and tools to 'build a program' for personal daily tracking, I am just too lazy to do it and enjoy the interaction with others on here.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Lol I'd be sad, but I'd just join caloriecounter.com
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Hell no, I'd bail.
  • pinkpatron
    pinkpatron Posts: 154
    Options
    Seeing as how Beachbody.com charges $39 /month to use their forums and whatever else, I say as long as MFP was under $10 a month I would probably stay.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I was part of a free calorie counting site before this one i only joined this one because there were more motivating people on here but if this site starts charging i will deactivate this account and go back to the other site since my account is still active there lol
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    It would depend on a couple of things... 1) what would fee be and 2) what would be offered with the fee based service that is different/better than what we have now.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Here are the conditions for me paying:

1) They clean out the food database and add more foods from around the world. Like Asian cuisine etc.
    2) They hire people like Sara, taso, sidesteel as moderators or authors so people can find one stop peer-reviewed research backed information
    3) Make clearer forum guidelines
    4) Make the reports better and more useful. Right now I believe about 99.99% of the MFP population doesn't even use it.
    5) They sticky threads from groups like "Eat, train, progress" on the main boards so people know where to start. Right now people have no idea where to start and what to do. There is a very good reason for all the "how much should I eat" or "should I eat back my calories" etc. There is too much confusion and vague information from MFP directly. Some stickies on the forums would help.

I'm sure there are more but as of right now, they'd need at least these things before I consider giving them coins. This is an amazing site and I absolutely LOVE it though.

^yup...this...it would have to offer way better **** for me to pay. But I'd miss it. The mobile app will have to stop crashing and I'll need to have access to the forums on it. AND some of the stupid crap that the mods give out strikes for would need to go. With your payment you'd need to sign an anti-butthurt contract. No more of that getting a strike for saying the word dou*****bag for goddsake. Thats stupid.

NOTE: AND they would need to create a sarcasm font for me....
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Probably not.
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'd leave immediately with no regrets. There have been months when I haven't bothered with it already as it is. The calorie count etc. is nice, but the social aspect never gets anywhere for me, and the frequent brattiness and dopey questions in the forums here don't give me much fun or make me feel like the humans are evolving most of the time. *shrug* I would stay in touch with the nice friends via email etc.
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    id make my own site for free before i paid for one.

or id just go to loseit immediately lol
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much they would charge. I think my health is worth a little money each month but I would agree that some enhancements would be nice if the service changed to paid.
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'd deactivate my account too!
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    If was under $24 a year, cleaned up the food db, and removed ads for paying customers. I would go for it.

Yep. This sums it up.
  • ElizabethLovesFood
    ElizabethLovesFood Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i would say buh bye im cheap and could just as well use pen and paper..i already log exercies measurements and weights on here and on paper..would jus have to start writing my foods down as well
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I hope they never do I love this site but I'm we're a one income household I'm a stay at home mom of 3 soon to be 4 and we can't just add extra things into our budget I would hate to have to ever leave this site it has helped me so much already