Which Womens Motorcycle Suit (choose which one)

Options

Replies

• Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you've done your homework.

I'm a fan of black leather and that's what I purchase but keep in mind visibility and all that fun stuff.

With that being said based on looks purely I'm going to go with #1.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I guess #1 if I were to choose but I'm a Harley girl. We dress differently.
    I will forgive you, they vibrate allot :tongue:
  • CoderGal
    Options
    Glad to hear you've done your homework.

I'm a fan of black leather and that's what I purchase but keep in mind visibility and all that fun stuff.

With that being said based on looks purely I'm going to go with #1.
    I'd love to get the stripes outfit in black and white but I cannot find it. One thing I do not want is a white diaper butt (leather tends to stretch). I'm not spending 1000 bucks to look like im in adult diapers. Everything in a suit I can find is either white diaper butt or black. I hate red. And I have a green bike so I was trying to stick with black and white since there is no such thing as green leather in womens. It's a mythical object. I found a crazy green joe rocket outfit that looked like a purple monster puked all over it but alas it was to big. I'm all for viability. Hence the green bike. My new helmet is going to be the scorpion bio metal one. There's also reflective piping on some of the suit. Though I'd love to get my hands on a green leather kick *kitten* suit ;) There's several reflective pipes on my current pink/black jacket (stupid womens gear always being pink) that looks black in the day which is pretty neat
  • kookanddra
    kookanddra Posts: 92
    Options

I know!! :blushing: Its great!!!
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
  • CoderGal
    Options

I know!! :blushing: Its great!!!
    lol :heart: all I gotta say is you'd love a crotch rocket. There's a reason girls hug the tank lol. I don't understand why some boys ride. They look silly when they pull a wheelie to impress me and slam their junk into the tank and give that pained look while I'm there getting all the pleasure lol.
  • luvred51
    luvred51 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CoderGal
    Options
    What are they made out of?
    Who are the manufacturer?

I ride motorcycles and honestly after going down you won't care how cool you look or anything like that. I realize looking like a bad *kitten* power ranger is a fun part of it but that stitching, ventilation, weight, cuts of fabric are WAY more important.

Kangaroo makes some very light weight leather that you can maneuver in. If price isn't a factor definitely look at that as it's more expensive than traditional leathers.
    It just hit me that you must really like the look of those suits if you came hear to warn me about protection lol. You like the power ranger look huh? :wink:
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    How about this?

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-razon-perforated-leather-jacket Combined with

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-womens-spartan-66-leather-pants

You don't get the racy look (no knee pucks or anything) BUT you do get one thing the others don't have: PERFORATION. And perforation on leather is priceless.
    They only have perforation on the mens. See the comments "The pants do not have any perforation ".

Was referring more toward the jacket, which is the only women's perf jacket Dainese makes from what I see.
    The link you gave was of a mens jacket.

Sorry, came up in the search for women's. Hmmm...

Well there's the SF you already know about http://www.revzilla.com/product/dainese-womens-sf-leather-jacket but it's only got the bubble liner, not a replacement for perf. Crap, why can't women's gear have perf?
    I KNOW! And why can't it be just as thick? And water proof? The vika commercial for the 2cm wide leather less the 1mm thick with mostly stretch panels sickens me. Especially when she's wobbling that triumph like mad even with both feet (in heals of course) on the ground. We're only suppose to sit on the back and look cute and you're suppose to be a good enough driver to avoid putting us on the road, didn't you know? *huff*. The current jacket was the thickest most versatiile jacket I've found and the expired it. And dainese stopped making the SF pant. I called up a few shops and they're not carrying my size and cannot order a new one...So alas, we still have me, shelling out a bunch of dough with no functionality in the gear I want made for short hobbits trying to storm trouper it up lol.

Revzilla has the SF pant in stock still. But non perf. For me it would be a dealbreaker but how important is perf to you?
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Have you tried both of them on?

The second one looks cuter, but you gotta go with whichever is most comfortable. Also, as a rider myself, I don't recommend black. Black looks all cool and stuff, but it is really hard to see on the road and it is really hot.

Also, which suit has more vents?

I hate getting stuck at red lights in the sun and just baking in my gear. My jacket has vents that help when I'm going 40mph or faster, but when I stop, it swelters.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    How about this?

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-razon-perforated-leather-jacket Combined with

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-womens-spartan-66-leather-pants

You don't get the racy look (no knee pucks or anything) BUT you do get one thing the others don't have: PERFORATION. And perforation on leather is priceless.
    They only have perforation on the mens. See the comments "The pants do not have any perforation ".

Was referring more toward the jacket, which is the only women's perf jacket Dainese makes from what I see.
    The link you gave was of a mens jacket.

Sorry, came up in the search for women's. Hmmm...

Well there's the SF you already know about http://www.revzilla.com/product/dainese-womens-sf-leather-jacket but it's only got the bubble liner, not a replacement for perf. Crap, why can't women's gear have perf?
    I KNOW! And why can't it be just as thick? And water proof? The vika commercial for the 2cm wide leather less the 1mm thick with mostly stretch panels sickens me. Especially when she's wobbling that triumph like mad even with both feet (in heals of course) on the ground. We're only suppose to sit on the back and look cute and you're suppose to be a good enough driver to avoid putting us on the road, didn't you know? *huff*. The current jacket was the thickest most versatiile jacket I've found and the expired it. And dainese stopped making the SF pant. I called up a few shops and they're not carrying my size and cannot order a new one...So alas, we still have me, shelling out a bunch of dough with no functionality in the gear I want made for short hobbits trying to storm trouper it up lol.

Revzilla has the SF pant in stock still. But non perf. For me it would be a dealbreaker but how important is perf to you?
    It's discontinued. They only have whatevers left, nothing in my size, I was talking to them already.
    http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-womens-sf-non-perforated-leather-pants

Well, I'd love if I could say it's a deal breaker, but I've seriously run into 0 things with perf. So unless I want to ride nekki what choice do I have?

Make no wonder women I see don't wear gear?
  • CoderGal
    Options
    Have you tried both of them on?

The second one looks cuter, but you gotta go with whichever is most comfortable. Also, as a rider myself, I don't recommend black. Black looks all cool and stuff, but it is really hard to see on the road and it is really hot.

Also, which suit has more vents?

I hate getting stuck at red lights in the sun and just baking in my gear. My jacket has vents that help when I'm going 40mph or faster, but when I stop, it swelters.
    I cannot try them on, Dainese isn't available in my province, and womens gear in general isn't available to try on in the province period anyway. Only mens. They do carry alpinestars but apparently if I wanted to order a pair to try on I would have to buy them and would not be able to return them. Unfortunately finding comfort isn't exactly a feasible option.

I don't recommend black either. I'd love something in green. I hate red. And I refuse to buy something that has a white *kitten* (if it was mostly white and had a black bum like the stripes one I'd get that, but unfortunately all of the things I have found is discontinued, feel free to find me something in a color that's not red or white in the bum.

None of the suits have vents. In fact the only suits I've found with vents are the rev'it which are 27 inch inseam. They come in long, but not in my size. I'm a 33 inch inseam. They wouldn't make it down to my boot, so that isn't an option. There is a Dainese racer jacket I could get that would zip to discontinued SF pants if I could find them...but the racer jacket fits baggy and I'd rather something fitted (particularly since my jacket road up over my back in my slide). Like I said, the best venting I've found is in the jacket I currently have, which is discontinued and has holes in it. It also doesn't zip to any pants and the seams are mostly grinded down and sowing a zipper in would be sketchy (not to mention the lack of leather workers here). I now want something that zips into pants, and I'm a tall women, which means there's nothing I can get with vents.

It F^ing sucks being a girl. Particularly a skinny tall one.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Talking about nut shots...
    I typically ride sport cruisers (favorite bike was FZ1)
    I borrowed a friends SV1000 once and have been on inlines my whole life. I dropped two gears on that SV back end slid out and I nut checked his tank. I swear it dented the tank or at least it felt like it. I had a tears welling up and thought I was gonna be sterile. Talk about pain!

I worked in a motorcycle shop for a while and rode a ton of bikes. I don't understand why people get sportbikes. They hurt so much after riding for an entire day. I've had monkey butt and had it where my forearms felt like they were getting shin splints.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    Talking about nut shots...
    I typically ride sport cruisers (favorite bike was FZ1)
    I borrowed a friends SV1000 once and have been on inlines my whole life. I dropped two gears on that SV back end slid out and I nut checked his tank. I swear it dented the tank or at least it felt like it. I had a tears welling up and thought I was gonna be sterile. Talk about pain!

I worked in a motorcycle shop for a while and rode a ton of bikes. I don't understand why people get sportbikes. They hurt so much after riding for an entire day. I've had monkey butt and had it where my forearms felt like they were getting shin splints.
    hahaha...I'd say I feel your pain but I don't :D

I had monkey butt explained to me the other day...girls do not get monkey butt. Thank God for a unhairy *kitten*.
    I understannd why people get sportbikes, they're so comfortable. I hate sitting on a cruiser and feeling every bump go up my entire spine. I'd rather straddle something like a bf. I've been on 4 hr rides and it hasn't bothered me a bit. And I know people who have gotten saddle sores in less time from their touring bikes.
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Biker opinion. I like the look of 1 as a biker. Plenty of stretch panels which is good also slightly less sweaty. Take it they are both full zip attatchment (if it don't go all the way round you can't wear it for track days). Dainese is a good brand so good either way, neither is a bad choice. Often I end up buying small in mens for a bit more choice but I have the advantage of being short so small is not too short generally.

Only things to watch is if you are 2 different sizes your zips will have to be altered as they won't match up - disadvantage of mens - there is no hips built in to them.

Also - not sure because I have never had one but would the hump make you hot?
  • CoderGal
    Options
    Biker opinion. I like the look of 1 as a biker. Plenty of stretch panels which is good also slightly less sweaty. Take it they are both full zip attatchment (if it don't go all the way round you can't wear it for track days). Dainese is a good brand so good either way, neither is a bad choice. Often I end up buying small in mens for a bit more choice but I have the advantage of being short so small is not too short generally.

Only things to watch is if you are 2 different sizes your zips will have to be altered as they won't match up - disadvantage of mens - there is no hips built in to them.

Also - not sure because I have never had one but would the hump make you hot?
    If its a suit you're buying there's no option of getting different size top or bottom. Realistically I'd need a smaller top. Only a size down tho so it wouldn't sit to **** eyed.

I wouldn't say the hump would make you any hotter then a back protector, and this isn't a full one either. And I fully intend to get a back protector into it even if it means shaving down one of my old ones
  • flywithabowtie
    flywithabowtie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Id say go with the orange one. You will look like Luke Skywalker when he destroyed the Death Star.

And we know how fast the X-wing fighters were.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    Id say go with the orange one. You will look like Luke Skywalker when he destroyed the Death Star.

And we know how fast the X-wing fighters were.
    I wish, unfortunately the orange is discontinued. I love orange.
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Oh, I have a 2 piece race leather set that the bottoms zip to the top. As I said it is a mens (cheaper and more choice) so the pants have no room for hips and I went 1 size up on the bottom to top. So I had to get the zip altered so they are a matching pair.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    Oh, I have a 2 piece race leather set that the bottoms zip to the top. As I said it is a mens (cheaper and more choice) so the pants have no room for hips and I went 1 size up on the bottom to top. So I had to get the zip altered so they are a matching pair.
    I tried on the smallest Dainese mens SF pant they had and it was ginormous on my legs and waist :( I also thought about purchasing a small joe rocket but turns out the waist is 42 inches (Mine is 25).

There's one leather worker I've found who seems to have broken moms purse...I do not trust them with suits lol.