Fashion Peeves and Faux Paux, What's yours?

Options

Replies

• SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I hate when people wear socks with sandals and also socks with shorts and they are pulled up to the knee.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate seeing people wear brown shoes with a black belt or vice versa! Drives me crazy and I point it out to people when I see it. If all you have is black shoes, then buy a black belt, not that hard! I am really big on having a matching ensemble and you don't have to spend a lot to achieve this.

Socks with sandals..... always a no no!

Colored socks, especially black (ankle socks excluded) with shorts.... this only works for small children.

Women who go without bra's (unless they are built in to whatever you are wearing) and men who go without some sort of underwear.... your junk doesn't need to be flopping around in public. Save that for the privacy of your own home.

Clothes that are so tight that you cannot sit down or breathe. This is no good for men or women!
  • melwharris91
    melwharris91 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Seeing people wearing pjs in public. Totally unkempt.
  • kf4vkp
    kf4vkp Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I hate those 'brothel creeper' shoes. If I see anyone wearing them, I immediately know I will not like them.

What are brothel creeper shoes?
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Guys with thick legs in skinny jeans.

Also, JEGGINS. Wtf.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    People who wear clothes that are way too tight because they want to claim they are a certain "size."

Just because you can zip up those pants doesn't mean they actually fit.
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    If you're fully clothed and I can see the outline of your vagina, something is wrong.

LOL!
  • EllenKay63
    EllenKay63 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    The Maxi and the MU MU are two different dresses. The Maxi is a long dress for casual wear ( vs long dress as in evening gown). The MU MU is a dress you mostly likely to see in Hawaii (vs the mid-west)
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I was bagpiping for a wedding when, upon arriving, I saw that the groom and groomsmen had all decided to wear kilts. The only problem was that...they were all were all wearing them backwards (the pleats are supposed to go in the back). As it was before the wedding, I told the groom. For whatever reason, they did not correct it and they went through the entire wedding that way. Brilliant!

:laugh: Nice.
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I pretty much hate all clothing in any regular store today. I try to go shopping and vomit on every rack. I used to like the old bohemian style.

Thank you!! I'm not alone. I leave a store these days just shaking my head, thinking WTF did I just see?!? Bring back the normal jeans and normal shirts!! For the love of all that's holy!

I honestly don't even know where to shop anymore. A fellow MFP'er suggested Free People...but I can't be spending $70-$90 on a shirt.

EBAY ;)
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    HATE when women adorn their nails with jewels and little bows and stuff. It looks really stupid. Like, how do your hands/nails function? How do you carry around all that weight on your nails??

Hate the little pompadour bump women wear. It's just stupid looking.

Sheer leggings as pants. If you can see your granny panties underneath, all your cellulite, bumps and rolls...yer doin it wrong.

Guys that wear bow ties. It's not cute. The only time a guy should wear a bow tie is with the appropriate tux.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    This horrid color:

chartreuse-lisa-some-velvet-vintage-shirt.jpg

It looks good on NO ONE unless you're a fishing lure.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Matter of fact, if you KNOW your legs have a little extra love on them...PLEASE don't wear short shorts/skirts. It's tacky and nobody wants to see your jiggly bits. I'm not body shaming, just...please dress according to your body type. I have cellulite-y, stretch mark-y thighs and I wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of shorts for the world to see it. Y'know?

Same goes for women with very large arm fat in tank tops. I'm talking wings. If you're in exercise clothes, sure, we know you're trying to lose it...but good god, if you think you're stylin it up, you're dead wrong.
  • megs12e
    megs12e Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Socks with sandals - especially Jesus sandals
    Nylons with open toed shoes
    Leggings worn as pants.... I don't want to see the design of your underwear or see your hoo-ha when you bend over
    CROCS!
    Uggs
    Clear bra straps - they just look cheap... I wish it weren't the case
    Stipper heels/Baby killers - I love wearing heels, but it's really hard to find normal heels that won't kill small children were you to accidentally step on them
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    PJ pants in public
    Skirts and uggs
    camel toe
    sky high heels at sporting events
    in your face cleavage
    wool skull hats in summer
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I support people wearing whatever they like as a general rule. Sure there are things that are inappropriate for an office, inappropriate for a wedding, etc. - if there's an actual dress code, then follow it. Otherwise, I'd rather see people who have unique style and wear what they like than everyone looking like carbon copies of each other. Even if that means they aren't wearing the most flattering thing in the world,

I do run into people doing various sports in inappropriate gear that makes me raise an eyebrow. I've been up riding at the Whistler bike park and there was this girl in a full upper body armor jacket but super tiny booty shorts on the bottom with nothing else. Needless to say, and hour or so later, saw her being bandaged up after crashing and tearing up all the exposed skin on her legs. Her outfit looked hot in an oddball way, but you could just see that carnage coming... Kind of the same deal with inappropriate shoes. Was on a several mile long hike once and kept running across people who were doing it in flipflops and their feet were bleeding. Stupid clothing choices, but they're only hurting themselves, so it's not my problem to worry about.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    topic headers with misspellings.
  • weephees
    weephees Posts: 27
    Options
    Shorts with pockets longer than the shorts themselves! And those parallel black and white striped trousers, just no haha! :tongue:
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    people riding bikes and even motorcycles with low rise pants on. No one needs to see that...

and those new shaped bball caps that just sit perched on top of your head.
  • dbratton87
    dbratton87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling a little snarky today and thinking about this:

The Maxi, another name for MUMU, makes me think of great aunt Rita in Florida
    Leggins and/or jeggins, those are STRETCH PANTS no matter what you call them or as my neighbor calls them "I give up pants".
    Belly button piercing, half shirt and low rise jeans. Atrocious on most anyone I've seen it on , especially over a certain age.

I'm routinely amazed at what people will purposely put on their body. How about you?:huh:

You must be a really boring dresser. lol.