Fashion Peeves and Faux Paux, What's yours?

Options

Replies

• teenXidle
    teenXidle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    topic headers with misspellings.

*slowly starts to applause*

I love you. Put her in her place!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    String bikinis and ironic tees on 40-year-old women.

What is that? Don't they know they're old?
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    i don't like v necks or skinny jeans on men.
    i don't really like skinny jeans on women either.

also people who wear clothes that are much too small for them.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I HATE skinny jeans on guys, especially when they wear them below their *kitten* cheeks. Just no.

I am not a fan of peplum.

I HATE HATE HATE the "half-tuck" thing that J.Crew has popularized. It looks like you woke up drunk and failed to get dressed all the way.

aawhatiwore2.png

I am just hating J.Crew in general these days. They used to have great, somewhat affordable clothing, and then Jenna Lyons took over the brand, and now they sell $700 sequined skirts ... because you can never have too many of those.

This is a walk of shame look.

The only thing that ever really bothers me is when women wear regular bras with halters and t-backs. Invest in an appropriate bra. Or if you're lucky enough to have tiny boobs like mine, go braless.
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Matter of fact, if you KNOW your legs have a little extra love on them...PLEASE don't wear short shorts/skirts. It's tacky and nobody wants to see your jiggly bits. I'm not body shaming, just...please dress according to your body type. I have cellulite-y, stretch mark-y thighs and I wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of shorts for the world to see it. Y'know?

Same goes for women with very large arm fat in tank tops. I'm talking wings. If you're in exercise clothes, sure, we know you're trying to lose it...but good god, if you think you're stylin it up, you're dead wrong.

Look. Many, many people (including ME and YOU) have jiggly thighs AND arms. I am not so ashamed of mine that I will not wear the host of things that you say I should not. I refuse to live in shirts with sleeves, pants, and capris because I may offend the world with my less than perfect body. News flash: Most women have cellulite and stretch marks, and they don't go away with weight loss.

I'm going to rock my shorts because my outer thighs and gams are ah-mazing. Could my inners use some work? Sure. Also, I have a bit of chub under my arms, but my shoulders are sculpted. Tanks tops all freakin summer!!!

Build a bridge and get over it. You're only 22. You don't deserve to be stuck in pants forever.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Visible bras. If you can't wear a bra without it being visible in the top - don't. If you don't have the pair to go without a bra - don't buy the top. I don't want to see your dirty off white bra straps with a spaghetti strap tank...so easy to just put on a strapless. If it's some crazy partially backless thing...get the proper undergarments ladies. Please. It looks SO bad.

Just as a side note.. Not everyone can actually wear a strapless bra. Some of us were blessed, we have no choice in bras..at all. If you can see my bra strap I apologize but they don't MAKE spaghetti straps, strapless or halter bras in any size over DD. I will usually wear a jacket over my dress/shirt because I am not a fan of showing my bra straps either but just to say 'get proper undergarments' isn't as easy as you might think when you aren't a standard size. I was honestly hoping that losing weight would get me into a 'normal' store to shop for lingerie but unfortunately I am STILL DDD and now 36 instead of 38 (which is even harder to find than before) The 'plus stores' don't go under 38 band and the 'normal' stores don't carry over DD so I am forced to buy $$$$$ bras in plain styles just to have a good fit.

As far as other 'styles' I don't care for pants that make you look as though you have had an accident in them. I don't need to see someone's tramp stamp tattoo along with g-string either. Shorts that show the crease of your butt cheek are too short and look trashy on everyone. Boobs in danger of flopping out are to be avoided. In general, wear clothes that FIT properly. I have seen some very large people looking absolutely amazing because they knew how to dress.
  • TinaRoberts67
    TinaRoberts67 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I absolutely can not stand guys in flip flops. I'm sorry guys
    Men and women that have shirts that aren't long enough and their belly hangs out below (man on the bus today ugh)
    Heavy women in spandex pants/leggings...come on really I don't want to see your fat. I am heavy myself right now and I sure don't want all my bulges hanging out.
    Guys with pants below their butt. They are called underwear for a reason and I don't want to see them.
    Skinny jeans are a no go for me as well especially on heavier people or guys.
    I am sure the list can go on and on.
    Basically look in the dang mirror before you leave geesh
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    String bikinis and ironic tees on 40-year-old women.

What is that? Don't they know they're old?

You got me on this one :laugh: I almost started a rampage! lol
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Matter of fact, if you KNOW your legs have a little extra love on them...PLEASE don't wear short shorts/skirts. It's tacky and nobody wants to see your jiggly bits. I'm not body shaming, just...please dress according to your body type. I have cellulite-y, stretch mark-y thighs and I wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of shorts for the world to see it. Y'know?

Same goes for women with very large arm fat in tank tops. I'm talking wings. If you're in exercise clothes, sure, we know you're trying to lose it...but good god, if you think you're stylin it up, you're dead wrong.

Look. Many, many people (including ME and YOU) have jiggly thighs AND arms. I am not so ashamed of mine that I will not wear the host of things that you say I should not. I refuse to live in shirts with sleeves, pants, and capris because I may offend the world with my less than perfect body. News flash: Most women have cellulite and stretch marks, and they don't go away with weight loss.

I'm going to rock my shorts because my outer thighs and gams are ah-mazing. Could my inners use some work? Sure. Also, I have a bit of chub under my arms, but my shoulders are sculpted. Tanks tops all freakin summer!!!

Build a bridge and get over it. You're only 22. You don't deserve to be stuck in pants forever.

^^^^ Ditto!

I live in the humid south, I'm sorry if you don't like my stretch marks or bat wings/bingo arms but I'm not going to cover everything up and die from the heat so not to offend someone.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    People who wear clothes that are way too tight because they want to claim they are a certain "size."

Just because you can zip up those pants doesn't mean they actually fit.

LOL!
  • NoelleS85
    NoelleS85 Posts: 89
    Options
    First off: I HATE seeing rip-off designer bags. It looks SO cheap - like someone doesn't have the money but they want to be all pretentious. I would much rather buy an original Zara bag than a fake Louis Vuitton or something.

Also, something that is really in here at the moment. White leggings under a denim skirt. JUST... NO!!!

1340786532Afbeelding10.1.jpg

Duuuuuuuude...where is "here" and is that really trending? Wow. Gross.

The Netherlands & Germany. Absolutely terrible...
  • NoelleS85
    NoelleS85 Posts: 89
    Options
    Another current trend that I think looks trashy: a diamond on your tooth :/
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Most of mine have to do with appropriate business casual dress in the office...leggings, maxi dresses, uggs, gladiator sandals, mini skirts, demim (even if it's colored), and spagetti straps are not business casual

Other than that I don't care...the great thing about fashion/style is that it's an individual thing. What one person loves doesn't necessarily have to be loved by everyone. Be free - wear what you want - own it!
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Certain people can make certain things work...

Trent Reznor makes leather trousers okay...

Mike Patton makes white suits okay...and anything crazy really....

Leggins with short tops are never okay...

I hate those rosary beads folk wear as chains

I don't like men who wear pointy shoes that make them look like Krusty the clown

I hate Bono's sunglasses
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    How about those super tiny cropped vests that some people where? I dont even know what it's called except GOD AWFUL

Hells.Kitchen.S11E01.jpg

Hey I was in the audience when they did the taping of this episode! Fun times! You can just barely spot me in the audience at one point, LOL.
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Diaper pants

rs_293x473-130408105847-634.Halle.Justin.mh.040813.jpg

WTF! Seriously?!? No really someone actually, seriously wore that thinking, "I'm going to make a fashion statement "or "Damn, this looks good"? -->(Hysterical Cartman-style laughing)<--

And even better is that schmuck with the purple, crap-filled pants the Biebs? --->(Continue laughter)<---
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    I was bagpiping for a wedding when, upon arriving, I saw that the groom and groomsmen had all decided to wear kilts. The only problem was that...they were all were all wearing them backwards (the pleats are supposed to go in the back). As it was before the wedding, I told the groom. For whatever reason, they did not correct it and they went through the entire wedding that way. Brilliant!

I don't think I've heard/"read" a story that opened with "I was bagpipping for a wedding when..." :smile:
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options

I don't like men who wear pointy shoes that make them look like Krusty the clown

I hate Bono's sunglasses

Have you *seen* me in leggings? Yowzaaaaaaaaaaaa :drinker:
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Black belt, brown shoes. Pajamas in public, put some real clothes on
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options

I hate Bono's sunglasses

Have you *seen* me in leggings? Yowzaaaaaaaaaaaa :drinker:

Heh heh, okay I'm open to change that to usually ;)