Try exercising with a gun in your bra

Options
I am from a very small community and crime was never an issue or a real concern of mine. A few years ago we moved to a heavily populated area on the west coast. Since we have been here, my spouse has become shall I say paranoid, maybe? I literally cannot go out jogging without our old faithful dog who is 8 and although he has bursts of puppy enthusiasm, he would much rather slow down to smell the roses. I have been armed with a taser for my purse, a knife for my coat pocket and just yesterday he presented me with a .22 long barrel revolver (it's a mini) with a bra holster, so I can be safe. I have a concealed weapons permit so packing is not the issue that I have. If, in fact, I were in danger I would probably shoot off a booby whilst stabbing my side and tasing my *kitten*. Does anyone else have a paranoid spouse?

Replies

• bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    wow, lol

no paranoid spouse for me (single) but I don't know how you handle it. I would go postal on him lol :) I applaud your patience with him I guess :)

I've lived in dangerous cities and dangerous countries with no weapons :)
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Not that bad! But if I tell him about something or someone odd that I saw while I was running, I will often see him driving "through" my running route (when I'm out for a run) for the next few days. Never seen the man run so many "errands" in my life.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Do you live in Afghanistan?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    IS that a gun in your bra, or are you just cold?
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    These men love their wives -- and that's something to celebrate! Not sure about the gun in the bra, but I think I'd do a lot to ease his mind. And give him some extra lovin' when after you shower ! LOL
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Nope! He knows I can take care of myself. :glasses:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    You just need machine gun jubblies

tumblr_l8cs8ajvbf1qbbpaoo1_500.gif
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, try exercising with a cannon in your shorts!
  • TedStout
    TedStout Posts: 241
    Options
    He is my hero!
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Tell him "Dynamite comes in small packages" You don't need anything that big.

Honestly my ex inlaws custom make some really amazing holsters for ANY gun. You figure out where you want to wear it and then give Bill a call.

https://www.facebook.com/shakayas

I don't know what I'd do if I were in a big city. I get the heebie jeebies thinkin bout it. :)
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Lol! I do. I blame it on the PTSD from deployment ;). We are both CCLs but neither of us run w our weapons. He chooses to run w a Barton. When not running w our very large dogs, I run w mace in hand.

Edit. This is despite me having a black belt and pretty rounded martial arts training.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I go out with my bulldog, he's all the protection I need. People walk on the other side of the road.....
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Hubby just wants you to be safe. These days..you never know what's out there. My hubby looks out for me too. He bought me a small Sig P290. It fits my hand just right, and I have small hands. I will be getting my permit as well. :smile:
  • msaprilm1
    msaprilm1 Posts: 47
    Options
    he works in public transportation and gets to see a load of things most of us usually do not get to witness. I think it is good to be aware of your surroundings but......:huh:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    IS that a gun in your bra, or are you just cold?

AHHH! You beat me to it! :laugh:

It's only too extreme if you think it's too extreme. If you're uncomfortable with it, you shouldn't use it despite what the hubs has to say. If he's REALLY concerned, he'd run with you or ride his bike beside you.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    if he wanted you'd safe, he woulda given you a .40

i kid i kid.

embrace your right.

ETA: in before anti-gun nuts and "americans are crazy!"
    ETAA: all kidding aside, if youre not comfortable with it, you should not be carrying.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    my guy is overly cautious but since we do not live in a concealed carry county in CA I am stuck with being ever diligent. I dont run outside but I do come home late at night sometimes. I have to call him so he can come out to my car to walk me in when its late out. Fortunately, I only have to deal with this one day a week.

I do have a tactical pen that can be used to stab someone and collect dna because of the edges on the pen casing. I hope I never have to resort to jabbing my pen at someone.

I am glad he cares enough but sometimes the paranoia drives me a little batty.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    You just need machine gun jubblies

tumblr_l8cs8ajvbf1qbbpaoo1_500.gif

Heeee! How'd you get this gif of me???

I have a giant bellydance sword, but do not take it with me when jogging.

Make sure that thing don't go off in your bra while your jogging...... Wouldn't be purtty.
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    No, but that does seem kind of sweet. :)
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    When I first moved to Chicago, I told my dad about running along the lake...he said I would need to carry a pistol with me. No Dad, only if I'm running south of where I live would I need that and even then I wouldn't.

Now that I'm living with my boyfriend, the only thing he asks of me is to take my cell phone with me on longer runs, a request which I will finally facilitate because I bought something I could stash it in.