Try exercising with a gun in your bra

Options

Replies

• StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I go out with my bulldog, he's all the protection I need. People walk on the other side of the road.....

French Mastiff works well too ;)
  • moondawg14
    moondawg14 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I decided to teach my wife to shoot shortly after we started dating seriously. I wanted to make sure she was safe and figured she didn't have much experience. I went through a full safety lecture with my Glock, worked with her on her stance, etc. She patiently listened, nodded her head the entire time and never asked a question. When I was finished 'splain'n things to the little lady I took her to the range where she proceed to put round after round through the same hole. I've honestly never seen anything like it save for a friend who was an Army sniper. She then told me, yea, her uncle had given her the same lecture and taught her how to shoot when she was quite young. So yea, if anyone ever breaks into our house I'm handing her the pistol.

This woman sounds awesome. Not only because she Annie Oakley-ed the targets, but because she let you go through your whole spiel before doing it. You win at life.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Check out a 5.11 Tactical shirt. You don't know the weapon's there, and there's no bulk at all
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You just need machine gun jubblies

tumblr_l8cs8ajvbf1qbbpaoo1_500.gif

I unh....unhhhhh. I'm mesmerized. :love:
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    You took a boy out of the country and this is what happens! It may take a long while for him to be comfortable in his new setting. I used to live and work in the city and I'm very comfortable in that setting. My sister, on the other hand, has NEVER lived in a metropolitan area and just the thought of parallel parking gives her a panic attack. She's convinced she'll be raped or mugged if she goes anywhere outside of suburbia. It's all what you're used to. If his paranoia is really impacting his life, however, he may need to talk to somebody about it. He could be having some kind of anxiety issue that is manifesting itself in this way.
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    While a .22 kills lots of people, it doesn't stop them very quickly. They will bleed out eventually but possibly not before causing you harm.

I don't know if it would help with running, but there is a holster called a Flashbang which attaches to a bra and allows for quick retrieval of a firearm.

Can I make a suggestion? Front Sight http://www.frontsight.com has some fantastic training that can train you how to get two shots to the chest from a concealed holster in under 1 1/2 seconds. Usually a different holster is used other than a bra though. :-)

They also have terrific training in hand to hand, edged weapon (knife), shotgun, rifle, ropes and even Uzi. :happy: I'm a member and I've been several times and can attest to the high quality of their training. The best part is that they sell LIFETIME memberships directly (or quite inexpensively through existing members). Knowing how to defend yourself will help you, in addition to making your hubby more comfortable and can be a ton of fun!

I've just had a four neighbor go to the defensive handgun courses (two men, a woman and a twelve-year-old boy) and they all had a terrific time.
  • emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I think you are blessed with a husband who loves you very much. Anytime I walk, I do have pepper spray and a metal ball bat. I don't currently have my conceal carry, but hope to get it one day. It isn't lack of weapons knowledge there, but lack of cash and time to take the required courses for the time being.

I was young when my Dad started teaching me to shoot black walnuts out of the trees. (in the country with no one around before anyone panics)

I also agree, a .22 will just make someone who is pumped up on adrenaline or drugs annoyed most likely, but it IS better than nothing. We have a .45 I adore.

Ultimately, I do think a good weapon is one you feel safe and comfortable handling, and can have a great grip on.... Oh and I would go for a different storage place if possible. :-P
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    hmm didnt have guns when i was in India. I did major damage to a guy with a toothpick though. And this is a true story.
  • gil_u
    gil_u Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    hmm didnt have guns when i was in India. I did major damage to a guy with a toothpick though. And this is a true story.

I'm scared to ask.... What did you do to a guy with a toothpick?
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    Bad things do happen. He sounds like he may have a military background. At the very least, he sounds like a guy who doesn't tuck his tail between legs. Just be happy your husband isn't a sally and is concerned for your safety.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm so sorry that you live in an area that makes you (or your hubby rather) feel paranoid enough to have to pack an arsenal with you everywhere you go. I'm also sorry that I'm still cracking up at this post. Please don't shoot anything off. LOL
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Not that bad! But if I tell him about something or someone odd that I saw while I was running, I will often see him driving "through" my running route (when I'm out for a run) for the next few days. Never seen the man run so many "errands" in my life.

That is totally sweet.
  • chickenshit4
    chickenshit4 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    He gave you a gun to potentially kill someone to make you feel safe...?? ok...:huh:
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada.

You are awesome! (So do I :wink: )
    same here ,,dont need to protect yourself,I couldn't live like that,being afraid to go outside,,without a gun,dont own one ,dont want to own one..my weapon is my fishing rod,,slaying halibut
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    I live in Belfast in the North of Ireland.
    We've unfortunately had and I've unfortuneatly witnessed and grown up with, a culture of bombings, shotings, riots, hijacking etc for allegedly political ends.
    As a city we've come on leaps and bounds, but there are still issues to be resolved.
    Due to our specific situation here, I'd never have been allowed a gun.
    Thing is, if I was, I don't think I'd want one.
    If someone threatens me and I pull a gun and they keep coming, then what?
    I'm not really keen to shoot anyone.
    I can look after myself and I'm comfortable in a confrontation, I think my having a gun would only escalate something I could possibly calm down using my mouth and my hands.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Wow, yeah, I'm glad I don't live somewhere where "gun in the bra" is an actual issue. Seems crazy to me.
  • Tweety1983
    Tweety1983 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I carry a .38 stub nose myself! Protection is a big issue in our house! :)
  • amyg007
    amyg007 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada.
    [/quote

Me too. I could not imagine being worried about people all the time. It's not even the criminals, it's all the people packing concealed weapons! That's the real scary thing!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada.
    [/quote

Me too. I could not imagine being worried about people all the time. It's not even the criminals, it's all the people packing concealed weapons! That's the real scary thing!

Ummmmm,

There's no outbreak of law-abiding concealed carry citizens shooting people. It doesn't happen.

I wouldn't carry a gun in my bra, but it is someone else's right to do so, and I like that.

I used a firearm to ward off a bad guy when I was 19 or 20 years old, and it was the most unpleasant experience, I can promise. But he had a lead pipe and was coming at me to pull me behind a building. I happened to have borrowed a friend's car, and he had left his weapon in it. That weapon very well saved my life.
  • rsimoneau1
    rsimoneau1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    9mm S&W Shield might have been a better choice, but a 22lr in the knee cap will ruin a bad guy's day.

What some folks don't understand is, there are some running trails where homeless drug addicts live, and rapes DO happen. Even in NH. Happened a couple years ago in Nashua. Female runner in Mines Falls, early morning, gang raped. I applaud your husband for wanting you to stay safe.

That being said, a fannypack holster might be better......