Thigh Gap ?

Replies

• rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Wow OP, you got snarky fast! People are just telling you that it isn't necessarily what you should strive for because it isn't a guarantee.

Take it from me, I have a thigh gap at 150 and I had a thigh gap at 165. I also have 40" hips. The good always comes with the bad (in this case a huge butt).

ETA, I came off kind of rude there. I'm just trying to say that the majority of ppl here aren't trying to bash your goals, just trying to tell you that you may or may not get a thigh gap. You can't know yet.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Maybe she was born with that feature, what do you know about her? I personally don't have a thigh gap when I'm a size 12 (UK size), but do when I am a size 10, when my legs look more muscular and slimmer, so it seems like a reasonable, healthy goal.

I didn't see anyone here say that the OP can't get one (maybe I missed it, but I definitely know that I didn't say that), just that it may not be possible and there's nothing specific that can be done to attain one other than lose overall body fat and see what happens.

There's also a strong negative associate with thigh gaps because they are linked with the pro-Ana movement, so many people will discourage them as a goal based solely on that.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Without looking bad, I love a lack of thigh gap :) !!! Like me some sizable thighs, mmm.

That said, you need to have the proper genetics for this to even be a possiblity. And if it was, the only thing that's going to get you there is lowering your body fat percentage and hoping you loose fat where you want to loose it.

Again, for what it's worth, nothing wrong with no thigh gap.
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Maybe she was born with that feature, what do you know about her? I personally don't have a thigh gap when I'm a size 12 (UK size), but do when I am a size 10, when my legs look more muscular and slimmer, so it seems like a reasonable, healthy goal.
    I have to agree with this. One of my goals is to get a thigh gap, and I'm just about there. But, I had one for most of my life. It just went away when I had my first kid. For me, it's a comfort thing. I spent 30+ years without my thighs touching when standing normally and walking. It's been about 10 years of feeling them rub and I still can't stand it.

For the OP, I can tell you what I've done. I've done 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, and now I'm running a couple times a week, doing dumbbell workouts (including squats and lunges) twice a week, and doing core workouts twice a week. My legs are much more muscular than they were a few months ago, and I've lost a lot of weight from the cardio. So it was a combination of those things. If you're genetically able to get a thigh gap, hopefully things like that will help.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Take the responses with a grain of salt, its Friday, and people are having good-natured fun with this topic.

You're fine, just the way you are. Get in the best shape of your life, and don't worry about stuff that's likely out of your control.

^ This.
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Mmmm thigh gap...

BCioyu9CYAAFmnk.jpg:large

I'm so disturbed by this that I forgot how silly the thigh gap debate is.

:sick:
  • BeachIron
    Mmmm thigh gap...

I'm so disturbed by this that I forgot how silly the thigh gap debate is.

:sick:

I don't mean to be that guy, but have we not all had enough body shaming over the last couple of days? The Miss USA thread and the Fat Shaming thread are enough. Turning around and turning this thread into an assault on women with EDs just really adds fuel to the fire. We don't all have to hold hands and fart rainbows, but come on.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    I don't get these posts... who stands with their feet together anyway? With feet shoulder-width apart i'd like a thigh gap. I don't think at my thinnest I would ever have a gap holding my legs together...

Check the Chive or thinspo pics. Apparently there are a lot who do.

The Chive is so much more than that.....:flowerforyou:
  • BeachIron
    I don't get these posts... who stands with their feet together anyway? With feet shoulder-width apart i'd like a thigh gap. I don't think at my thinnest I would ever have a gap holding my legs together...

KCCO
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    KCCO

KCCO
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member

Oh I know. But that's one of the first places I ever saw a thigh gap.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    ftnbfd.gif
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member

Oh I know. But that's one of the first places I ever saw a thigh gap.

Still... I don't know any person when standing in a natural comfortable position puts their feet together. Strange to me that people care that much. I just want toned thighs idc if they touch when I squish my feet together because chances are I won't be doing that often...
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    I lost my thigh gap after I gained weight from over eating on unhealthy foods. Now I have it back... But I also have wide-ish hips for my frame(4'10") If you don't have wide hips you probably won't ever have one.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    well do you know what I'm going to show you that if I do have one I'll get it you've all motivated me to prove you wrong to see if I can get one Thanks Guys :D

You also can't jump off a tall building and survive. You gonna try to prove us wrong with that one too?
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    well do you know what I'm going to show you that if I do have one I'll get it you've all motivated me to prove you wrong to see if I can get one Thanks Guys :D

You also can't jump off a tall building and survive. You gonna try to prove us wrong with that one too?
    Well technically with the right equipment, you can....

So that's actually a pretty good analogy. :laugh:
  • Fit_Kenzie
    Fit_Kenzie Posts: 124
    I didnt read the replies but anyway.........ITS GENETIC! you either have one or you dont, you cant MAKE one no matter how hard you try unless you want to look like a skeleton, then maybe I guess you can.
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Mmmm thigh gap...

Seriously, did we need that? Oops, now I duplicated it for others.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Like others have said, it's genetics. Ain't no thigh gap here!
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    To those that claim thigh gap is genetic, please post a picture of a fitness model or other with a low BF level that does not have a thigh gap? I would like to see. Even big doofy looking male BB have thigh gaps and monster quads. If you can grab a wad of fat in your thigh region, it can be dieted away if you so choose. I agree that large thigh gaps like the disturbing pictures posted so far are genetic, but I think the OP was looking for something more normal.