EGGS!!

Options

Replies

• jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Although eggs are not my favorite... I do eat them a few times a week. I love making a veggie and cheese omelet! So yummy, and packed with omega-3 and protein. I agree that it is a very inexpensive way to get your protein. Very good as well! And I also believe if you have no health problems, that eating them as much as you want will not hurt you.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    love em hard boiled. just peel and theres breakfast.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    On a good day I get 10. 1 yolk and nine whites.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I am an egg lover. I just love eggs. Egg yellows, egg whites, boiled eggs, poached eggs, egg sammiches! I wake up... I eat eggs! I get off of work... I go eat eggs. And yes, before I go to sleep, I love a large helping of you guessed it... eggs! I mean come on, who doesn't love eggs?

I just wanted to say that your profile pic is excellent.

And so are eggs.
  • themeIcanbe
    Options
    Eat up, not only are eggs yummo and versatile ....eggs are the closest thing to a perfect complete protein food source.
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I love eggs no matter what others say. I do however only eat 1 yolk to every 3 eggs I eat. Watching cholesterol and increasing protein is my goal with eggs. Besides that, eggs are so Delish!!!!!

The cholesterol in eggs is the good kind.
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options
    I eat two eggs for breakfast most mornings.
  • babyluthi
    Options
    Eat them, they are full of nutrients and are not bad for you.
  • babyluthi
    Options
    I eat 18 hard boiled egg whites every single day. Never get tired of them.

Oh go you! I ate 5 yesterday and wondered if it was overdoing it a bit. But I am finding it hard to get enough protein!
  • dashhoju
    dashhoju Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else here-eat your eggs!
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I go through 2 dozen a week. Grocery bill through the roof, but it's okay. Gotta get my fresh produce, meat and diary on the weekly.
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I love my eggs! Most importantly, I eat them whole! I have at least 2 eggs a day :)
  • momoftwomonsters
    Options
    Hey, Eggs are only a problem for people with already elevated cholesterol levels or those with elevated blood pressure. This is because eggs do carry a higher cholesterol count. But, if you are in good healthy, and eating a healthy diet, eggs shouldn't be a problem. Keep in mind that people usually pass on what they hear from others without checking it out for themselves. I just finished a human biology third year class in college and had to write a thesis on how different foods affect the body and why. I'm sure you're good! Everyone's body is different. SO, do what works for you! Good Luck!!
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hey, Eggs are only a problem for people with already elevated cholesterol levels or those with elevated blood pressure. This is because eggs do carry a higher cholesterol count. But, if you are in good healthy, and eating a healthy diet, eggs shouldn't be a problem. Keep in mind that people usually pass on what they hear from others without checking it out for themselves. I just finished a human biology third year class in college and had to write a thesis on how different foods affect the body and why. I'm sure you're good! Everyone's body is different. SO, do what works for you! Good Luck!!

I like your post!! I just got my blood work back today and my cholesterol was fine. I was eating about 10 eggs a week...
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I have read that Cholesterol limits for the day should be 300 mg & 200 for people on Cholesterol Meds. Check your nutrition facts on the carton of eggs. I prefer the liquid egg whites now, since I love my eggs also. Now I do not stress over it at all.
  • mojo501976
    mojo501976 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Eat them. They are good for you!
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Indeed, I'm all for the yolk unless baking is involved. Hello there, lemon meringue pie.

You use yolk in the lemon curd

I have 2-4 eggs a day, between making them into coconut flour pancakes, boiled, scrambled, fajita, crustless quiche . They are so versatile !
  • Lepouxo
    Lepouxo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love eggs. I have them for breakfast on Saturday and at least 3 times a week for lunch
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR ASKING THIS QUESTION -
    I often wondered what people's take on eggs was - I love eggs - when I am home in the morning I will have an egg burrito - two scrambled eggs (whole) with a bit of cheese wrapped in a tortilla.... or if I eat at the hospital I get a three egg omelet with green peppers shrooms and cheese... yum!!!!
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    We eat eggs and egg beaters. In fact hubby is cooking ham and southwestern egg beaters for dinner tonight. We like the southwest egg beaters because of the flavor and because its low calorie but we eat whole eggs too. It's an inexpensive and easy way to get protein.