How much did you lose before you went down a pants size?

Options

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I've lost 53 pounds, and I'm still wearing the same jeans I did when I started! They're stretchy skinny jeans, and they've gotten baggy, but I'm more than a little annoyed that I haven't shrunk out of them. Well...a little happy that I haven't had to buy new jeans, too. It took about a 40-pound loss before I started fitting into my smaller pants.
  • Wild_Hare
    Wild_Hare Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you asked this question! It sounds like I'm right on par with everyone else. Down 32 pounds and went from a tight size twenty to a comfy 16!
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My beginning weight on my journey was 275lbs. Since then I've lost 40 pounds and have only gone down 1 pants size. I was a tight 20, and now I'm a loose 18.

I'm very bottom heavy which frustrates me. I have large hips and thighs and a small waist...so I tend to have to go a size bigger just to button up.

Just feeling a little discouraged and wanting to know if anyone else has gone through this too.

Tight 20 = 21
    loose 18 = 17.

You start loosing where the most is,
    It tkes me 30 pounds to loose 1 size.
    My belly was big, so loose the most from there.

Keep on going, on a certain time you hate to shop everytime for new size clothes.

Marc
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 lbs and the only part that went down a size was my boobs... :sad:
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    hmm..

when i was 200lbs i would shove myself into size 30 jeans. they were TIGHT and i probably should have been wearing a bigger size.
    i'm now down 30 pounds and some of my size 29's are getting loose.
  • rebelq
    rebelq Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It is different for everyone. When I have 40 to lose, I have to lose 20 lbs for a size drop, when I have 30 lbs to lose, it takes about 15 for me. My sister and a friend of mine both only have to lose 5-10 lbs to lose a size. Whatever, just keep on keeping on & it will happen!
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm down 60 lbs and now down a solid 2 pant sizes. But that being said women's pants are not very consistent in size. I still have pants that fit from my highest and also a few pairs that are the next 2 sizes down.
  • BunkyBumBum
    BunkyBumBum Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Everyone's body is different, but for me, 10 pounds = 1 pants size fairly consistently. My boobs, however, haven't got the memo and have stayed the same cup size through 60+ pounds of weight loss.
  • xxmzangel
    xxmzangel Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 90 lbs and only gone down about 2 pants sizes, but the size I started at was pretty tight on me. I'm at 267.6 lbs and a loose 20, but the 18s I've got are still a little too tight. Hopefully in another 15 lbs they'll fit better. :)

I like that roll of paper towel analogy though, never thought of it that way, but it explains things pretty accurately.
  • fitelisa
    fitelisa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I lost 13 lbs and went down 1 size, then after that did not lose any lbs but inches and went down another 2 sizes. So its tricky, I have gone into 2 sizes smaller with loss of inches not pounds at all because actually when I had lost 10 lbs I could still not get into any sizes its the inches that made it for me.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how you lose weight. I've lost 13 lbs and have gone down 1 pant size. It will probably take another 15 lbs before I go down another size. Once that happens, I will probably drop sizes quickly because I usually lose weight in my hips and butt last!
  • krystynnaa
    krystynnaa Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am very similar to you. I started at 262 and was a tight 20 now I am a loose 18. After 43 pound I thought I would be at least a 16 by now. It will come in time!
  • sophieannejune
    sophieannejune Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi..i've currenly lost 60 lbs...i started losing pant sizes around 20 lbs, but didn't have to buy new pants (made them stay up) until around 40 lbs. Since then I've been buying new sizes every couple weeks...i've dropped 6 sizes in total.
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Yes indeed.
  • pelpec
    pelpec Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    :ohwell:
    I am down 21 lbs and still in the same UK size 16 pants, but they are no longer squeezing me like a sausage in it's skin, they are loose and comfortable. I think like everyone else I will have to lose another 10-15 lbs to get down a size, and whilst we all work hard to get there it is still disheartening sometimes when no-one notices your efforts or the physical results take a while to show. but we know how far we've come and it's a bit like the tortoise and the hare....they'll all be amazed when we get to our finish line!
  • sbandjh
    sbandjh Posts: 17
    Options
    I Am @ 40 Lbs Lost Now And Have Dropped One Pant Size.... I Know It Will Happen Eventually But For NowI Am Just Focusing On Eating/Living Better... And I Am Noticing Myself Shrinking (Back Fat...Ewe) So I Will Take It! Good Luck And Don't Give Up, Give It Time!:happy:
  • knitbytes
    knitbytes Posts: 114
    Options
    I was a slightly loose 22 when I started. I think I went down to a 20 after about 10lb lost, but it took another 25 to go down to an 18. I'm now at almost 50 lost and I am just today going to buy my first size 16s. :)
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Im super pear shaped, have lost 10 lbs in about 6 weeks, but not a real huge difference in my pants. Although my waist is getting smaller. My husband says my hips are shrinking too.

I think if I loose another 10 lbs I might beable to drop a size. I hope!!!
  • ArieMc88
    ArieMc88 Posts: 18
    Options
    same here! I am bottom heavy. I have lost over 30lbs n gone down 1 pant size and down 3 sizes in tops. :mad:
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    When I started at 282, it took about 30 lbs to lose a pants size. It seems the more I lost, the smaller the intervals between sizes. Now it seems like every 10-15 lbs I drop a pants size. Hang in there. I've gone from tight 20s to comfortable 12s.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!