Odd facts about you!

Options

Replies

• 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Touching newspaper feels like scratching a chalkboard sounds
    I can set a mental alarm in my head before going to sleep and wake up on time. Unless I have been drinking
    I wash my hands like 50 times a day or more
    Driving over bridges gives me anxiety and makes my palms sweat
    I can tune anyone out who is talking
    My right hand is significantly smaller than my left
  • NoelleS85
    NoelleS85 Posts: 89
    Options
    Trypophobia

Its technically not an officially recognized phobia, more of an extreme hatred or disgust, but when I see things that fit that exact category my stomach churns, my blood pressure and heart beat rise to high exercise levels, I feel like I am gonna pass out and beyond all else I get extremely itchy everywhere and it won't go away. Go and Google Image search that word, I can't possibly be the only one that hates them. I'm itchy just thinking about it.

The first time I noticed it was when I saw a lotus seed pod for the first time ever, when I was out fishing when I was young kid, probably 7 or 8. :indifferent:

OMG........................................
    That just brought out another odd fact about me. I was looking at pictures and I cannot stop looking at it, even though I get extremely nauseous (I literally feel like I am going to throw up now...). I have that with these types of pictures all the time. I am disgusted but I can't look away.
  • NoelleS85
    NoelleS85 Posts: 89
    Options
    * Each time I weigh myself and I'm down from last time, I have to sing the first few lyrics to "Eye of the Tiger".

Rising up, back on the street / Did my time, took my chances / Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet / Just a man and his will to survive...

Never gets old.

I love this!!
  • suezensays
    suezensays Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have never (not even once) had a bloody nose...even when my kids were babies and they would do that bobble-head headbutt right in the nose that babies love to do.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I have Morton's Toe (makes buying Vibram Five Fingers a real b!tch)

I have been near the point of death 3 times in my life.

I do not bruise, even with a broken bone.

I have heightened spacial awareness... I can draw a perfect circle, find the center of things and tell when things are perfectly level all just by eyeballing them.

I love lamp.
  • kristenegeorge
    kristenegeorge Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    -I often have full on conversations with my cat and I always seem to forget she's of a different species...

- When I was a kid, I was prone to very violent outbursts, and would often hurt other people for no particular reason. Today, I have to try my hardest to maintain a level of composure at all times, and then take my anger out through exercise.

- I have a vast knowledge of very useless facts. Such as: Did you know Hippo milk is pink? And that Hippos kill more people a year than any type of shark?

- I cannot go through a single day without hugging someone.

Other than that, I am extremely bland and normal I guess.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I watch Coronation Street daily. :blushing:
  • traumaticthrash
    Options
    1. I love eating things that are Sour.

2. I absolutely hate getting my Blood taken (but im ok with tattoos) its not the needle that scares me, its the process of blood being drawn out of the body and into this little tube. makes me light headed hahaha.

3. I hate flying. i need at least 8 shots of vodka before i get on a plane. and i just came back from a holiday, so alcohol consumption took a bit of a hit for this week. :P
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    One odd thing about me: I have misophonia (literally: hatred of sound) - a disorder that basically means that certain things trigger a very aggressive reaction. For example: when somebody taps their foot or pen repetitively or twirls their hair, I get really anxious, then aggressive and basically want to get violent with them (I never do though :P).

I am pretty sure I got this from my mother. She was always complaining about noise. But, the noises that drove her batty are different from the ones that drive me batty.

Then OTOH maybe I have this
    - I have Sensory Overload Disorder. Everyone can get overloaded by too much stimulation, but it happens much easier with people with SOD. For example, if I'm trying to study, I can deal with people talking around me, music OR tv. If there is more than one of these going on at once, my brain decides it can't handle it and feels like it's filled with static. It can happen with any of the major senses, but for me it's just sound.
    I talk in strange foreign accents without even noticing during a conversation.

I don't do that exactly. But, I my accent will subtly and not so subtly change at times when I am talking to a person. I babysat for a lady from West Virginia once (this was in Michigan) I started speaking a bit southern. I live with someone from Mexico and when we are talking my children say I sound like him. I also do this if I am reading literature, imagine what I sounded like for a week after reading Pygmalion. I have been accused of mocking people's accents, but I have never mimicked a person on purpose, I actually can't do this on command.
    I can smell when my mom takes something out the freezer without me knowing (freezer food usually doesn't smell like anything but I will know what it is).

Wait wut? That's weird? Is being able to smell freon also weird?

Other odd things about me.

1. Bright sunlight can make me sneeze.

2. I like to write alternative lyrics to songs.

3. I have had 3 concussions. And was in a coma once.
  • KxCoyote
    KxCoyote Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    -I had Tricclomania(hair/eyelash/body hair pulling) as a child due to stress.
    -I have a big Cafe-au-latte birthmark on my hip that looks like a galaxy (faintly darker splotch with a TON of little darker freckles inside)
    -The sound of chewing makes me gag and drives me nuts.
    -I have a soft-taxidermied coyote :3
    -I keep 'pet' toads(Caught from wild in spring, returned to wild from catching point in early fall) in the summer to feed the house insects to. (Toads also enjoy being petted :D and will lean towards you depending on which side you're petting)
  • KxCoyote
    Options

Concussions are weird? lol I've had 9 plus a failed medication caused stroke. It's amazing I'm not brain dead. lol
  • Dream24601
    Dream24601 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    When reading a mystery novel, I always have to read the last page first.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I can hold a pen with my toes and sign my name:tongue:
  • chelseagirlfl
    chelseagirlfl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i CANT STAND FOR MY FOOD TO TOUCH ON A PLATE
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I love cats. If not for my fiance, I had planned to own a big house, and would be actively fostering kittens from the SPCA and even having cats of my very own.

Not much has changed now that I have my fiance though, just that maybe the quantity maybe a tad limited. Compromising in a relationship is not that bad after all haha.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    1. On a dry-erase board or a chalkboard, I can write forwards with my right hand and backwards with my left (both in cursive/joined-up writing) at the same time, although I do have to be writing the same thing in each direction.

2. I have audio/visual synesthesia, but it is limited to music only (not spoken word). I see music in terms of color and shape (and make people perplexed with references to angular guitars vs. curly guitars and describing someone's voice as having a lip on it like a coffee can lid).
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

Concussions are weird? lol I've had 9 plus a failed medication caused stroke. It's amazing I'm not brain dead. lol

Not weird so much, but I read somewhere they can be deadly as can a coma. And I agree it is amazing neither one of us is brain dead. Although there are days when I seriously question that about myself.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    - When I was a kid, I was prone to very violent outbursts, and would often hurt other people for no particular reason. Today, I have to try my hardest to maintain a level of composure at all times, and then take my anger out through exercise.

I did too--I found out mine was linked to ingesting red food coloring. If I had a glass of cherry kool-aid, I was a screaming demon within the next 2 hours, as if I was possessed. Now as an adult, I steer clear of red #40 but I still have a big fear of losing my temper in front of others.
  • NiBo1689
    NiBo1689 Posts: 20
    Options
    I took third place in a rock, paper, scissors tournament at my high school during spirit week. haha
  • KxCoyote
    Options

Not weird so much, but I read somewhere they can be deadly as can a coma. And I agree it is amazing neither one of us is brain dead. Although there are days when I seriously question that about myself.

lol, Yes, I do wonder. I know after the 'minor' stroke, I seemingly have a very short memory, and more often than not have to make 5-6 trips because I tend to forget things halfway there.