Odd facts about you!

Options
I love reading "odd" or "unusual" things about people, because I love seeing how people are so different and have unique traits. So please go ahead and share!

One odd thing about me: I have misophonia (literally: hatred of sound) - a disorder that basically means that certain things trigger a very aggressive reaction. For example: when somebody taps their foot or pen repetitively or twirls their hair, I get really anxious, then aggressive and basically want to get violent with them (I never do though :P).

Replies

• sockoholic
    sockoholic Posts: 52
    Options
    <~~~was just twirling my hair while tapping a pen on the desk
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    I obsessively tap or click my pens. I sometimes do it and don't even realize I'm doing it until someone asks me to stop.

*Come at me bro* :laugh:
  • NoelleS85
    NoelleS85 Posts: 89
    Options
    I obsessively tap or click my pens. I sometimes do it and don't even realize I'm doing it until someone asks me to stop.

*Come at me bro* :laugh:

OH, stay away from me! :explode:

:laugh:
  • karylee46
    karylee46 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I can shoot a recurve, I used to brew my own beer, I like to line all my clothing and fabric by color.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I have 2 toes on my right foot webbed together.
  • elledeery
    elledeery Posts: 866
    Options
    - I hang my clothes in order by sleeve length starting at sleeveless and working up to long sleeves and casual graphic tees get folded and stacked by brand name.

- I have a really bad fear of clowns and porcelain dolls

- My hair is 100% my natural color

- I'm not a big talker, I could go on forever in text/message format but I hate the phone and I can be painfully shy

- In high school I was made fun of for being 5'8, to this day I still feel like a butch and not feminine because of it.

- I have 12 years of piano training
  • NadineSabbagh
    NadineSabbagh Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    One odd thing about me: I have misophonia (literally: hatred of sound) - a disorder that basically means that certain things trigger a very aggressive reaction. For example: when somebody taps their foot or pen repetitively or twirls their hair, I get really anxious, then aggressive and basically want to get violent with them (I never do though :P).

Oh my God, me too! I didn't realise it was a disorder with a name and everything though, I just thought i was weird! I actually want to/feel like I'm going to explode when people make repetitive irritating noises. I have a specific hatred of noises at meal times - chewing, or scraping the plate too many times with the cutlery drives me mad! Loud chopping on chopping boards gets me too... And, like you, foot tapping, pen tapping etc can sometimes make me so angry! Even someone talking to me can make me frustrated if I'm just wanting silence.

Some other odd facts about me -

I have a phobia of butterflies.

I have to take the webcam off the computer every time I use it because I'm so paranoid people can see me!

Everything on my desk, vanity cabinet, bookcase etc is exactly evenly spaced. My room can get quite messy, but anything that's on a surface of something has to be in perfect position.

I have a huge hatred of burping, and I actually can't burp myself!

I get really freaked out whenever I think about the fact that I have a skeleton inside me!

Oh, and my party trick is saying the alphabet backwards in 3 seconds.

:P
  • Parmcat
    Parmcat Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I like to vacuum nekkid

I was invited to try out for the Olympic baseball team in 1984, at 14, for the 1988 Olympics. I tore my rotator cuff, and that ended my dream.

I am a published amateur photographer, but have not touched a camera for over a year
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hmm

I am a numerologist and empath - I do readings at psychic fairs and have one coming up this weekend. I have Never had someone tell me my reading was wrong. Thank goodness wherever I am getting this information isn't giving me false information because my biggest fear is someone standing up and telling me the reading sucked. lol

quirky habits? I say "you know" alot when I am nervous. I live in wisconsin so I am sure you can guess how lovely that sounds.

I check under mattresses and in corners of hotel rooms for pests before I stay in them, I won't travel to new orleans just because of the roach problem and I have family there.

I get obsessed with unsolved murder cases, I research them and try to figure it out. My grandpa was a detective so it's probably a family thing. I already plan to scratch the hell out of any attacker so I can trap lots of dna under my nails. HA ha
  • Parmcat
    Parmcat Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    - I hang my clothes in order by sleeve length starting at sleeveless and working up to long sleeves and casual graphic tees get folded and stacked by brand name.

- I have a really bad fear of clowns and porcelain dolls

- My hair is 100% my natural color

- I'm not a big talker, I could go on forever in text/message format but I hate the phone and I can be painfully shy

- In high school I was made fun of for being 5'8, to this day I still feel like a butch and not feminine because of it.

- I have 12 years of piano training

5'8 is bang on....no need to worry. And there is more to feeling feminine then height. You have nothing to worry about!
  • RaineMarie
    RaineMarie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep in an unmade bed. If the bed wasnt made in the morning and it's now bed time, I have to make the bed first before I can go to sleep.
  • can52398
    can52398 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Rebbylicious...........its a good idea to check for pests when staying someplace else. we once discovered our cruise ship cabin had bed bugs and ever since then we take nothing into a hotel room without checking for bed bugs first.
  • MyseriMapleleaf
    MyseriMapleleaf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I wear mis-matched socks - on purpose.

My radio/TV volume (assuming it has a digital read) can only be on certain #s: 2, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15, 18, 20... you see the pattern..

I love sex but will not initiate. (Not sure if it's a "fear of rejection" thing or an 'old fashioned' thing..)

I am proud of my big feet. No one asks to borrow my shoes!! :D

I don't eat meat that in any way resembles it's living form. (Bone in chicken, mostly..)

Saliva is my kryptonite. It hasn't gotten any better. Kissing, slobbering babies, sharing a straw/lollipop with my kids/SOS. And I've worked in child care for 12 years and been a mother for 8 years.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options

You were made fun of for being 5'8?! Did you go to a freakishly short school or something? I'm 5'10 and wasn't made fun of for it (maybe I went to a freakishly tall school ..?) At any rate, you certainly shouldn't feel butch about it. Tall girls have long legs .... and those are very nice things to have.
  • NoelleS85
    Options

Oh my God, me too! I didn't realise it was a disorder with a name and everything though, I just thought i was weird! I actually want to/feel like I'm going to explode when people make repetitive irritating noises. I have a specific hatred of noises at meal times - chewing, or scraping the plate too many times with the cutlery drives me mad! Loud chopping on chopping boards gets me too... And, like you, foot tapping, pen tapping etc can sometimes make me so angry! Even someone talking to me can make me frustrated if I'm just wanting silence.

Some other odd facts about me -

I have a phobia of butterflies.

Yeah, I only just found out about this disorder not too long ago! So nice knowing we're not weird or exaggerating! And OMG, I have a terrible butterfly phobia as well! People think it is funny, me - not so much.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Rebbylicious...........its a good idea to check for pests when staying someplace else. we once discovered our cruise ship cabin had bed bugs and ever since then we take nothing into a hotel room without checking for bed bugs first.

luckily i never had that happen to me but I watch enough hoarders to be freaked out by it. I read hotel reviews and scan them for pest complaints. I cruise a lot- would you mind telling me what ship that was? Did they move you? I know a lady who discovered bed bugs in her hotel room (it was a high end hotel too) they did nothing except offer her a free drink at starbucks for her lack of sleep. I would have been PISSSED!!
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I don't brush my hair and no one can tell. I bought a hairbrush once but don't know where it is. When I highlight my hair using the cap method I borrow my daughters brush to make sure every little tangle is out first but other than that I never ever brush it.

I also like to smell different peoples body odor, its intriguing.

Never tried tomato (other than ketchup and spaghetti sauce) until the age of 29, and loved it. Had never tried broccoli until the age of 30 and loved it.
  • MissSharon2013
    MissSharon2013 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10"...never got made fun of for that.
    •I'm married to a black man
    •I love to eat raw lemons
    •I will turn the dryer back on if I don't feel like getting the clothes out right away
    •I worked for NASA (and it was boring)
    •Sometimes my right leg shakes and I have to make a conscience effort to stop it
  • NoelleS85
    Options

luckily i never had that happen to me but I watch enough hoarders to be freaked out by it. I read hotel reviews and scan them for pest complaints. I cruise a lot- would you mind telling me what ship that was? Did they move you? I know a lady who discovered bed bugs in her hotel room (it was a high end hotel too) they did nothing except offer her a free drink at starbucks for her lack of sleep. I would have been PISSSED!!

I used to never check. Until I got bed bugs in a hostel room in LA - I was COVERED in bites and took them home - had to go through the process of exterminating them. Ever since, I've been checking every bed thoroughly when I stay at a hotel.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I can shoot a recurve, I used to brew my own beer, I like to line all my clothing and fabric by color.

Nice! I shoot a compound.