27, never married and no kids?

Options

Replies

• Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I got married when I was 33, I've been married for 17 years (this July). I turned 50 in February and we have no kids. Well, I have 4 legged kids. Anyone feel free to send a friend request. :drinker:
  • CynnamonGirl
    Options
    I am 34, have been married & divorced, and am living Childfree by choice. I have been in a committed relationship for 4 years and we love our freedom and independence. Kids just don't fit in our equation. Because I was a Sociology major, I believe that the world is already ridiculously over-populated. Procreation isn't for everyone and no one has a right to judge the decisions that you make in your life.
  • Laroka
    Laroka Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am also 27 years old, and with no kids. I have so many nieces and nephews though! lol I spoil them, then take them home. Thats the good part haha.
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    28, male, never even been out on a date, nor kissed another.

If it is weird, then :drinker: first round is on me...
  • lindaisymay
    Options
    I'm 52 years old, never been married and no children. I went through some hard times when I was in my 20's and early 30's. Then I found out I couldn't get pregnant. I love to crochet and I do give baby items away. My sister bought me a doll so I could see how my outfits would fit on a newborn baby. Yesterday at Walmart I actually bought some baby clothes for that same doll. I'm going nuts and loving every minute of it.
  • ShereeseMuhammad
    ShereeseMuhammad Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    no worries... if I had the chance to do things over I would have WAITED :). feel free to add me if you like. Having children is not the only thing that adds weight... there is the stress of life... fast food that is so easy and available and tasty...desk jobs... you name it! we all are on the goal to a HEALTHIER lifestyle
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    NOPE I HAD MY DAUGHTER AT 30
    GOT MARRIED AT 35
    2 DIFFERENT PEOPLE
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    BUT ITS ALSO OK TO STAY SINGLE AND NOT WORRY ABOUT KIDS ..........
    DO WHAT MAKES U HAPPY
  • carolinerose716
    Options
    I'm 27, single and have no children. My sister is 32, single and has no children. I think it all depends on the person... their goals and when you meet the right person for you.

We're not all looking for the same thing. Celebrate being independent. You can make your own decisions. You can travel anywhere you want without having to think about anyone else. :-)
  • Jmeisalive
    Jmeisalive Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am 26, never married, and have no kids....don't particularly care to, either
    Now, not to offend those who have gone the domestic route, so chill in advance but this is what I do have:

A great career, the freedom to go where I chose when I'd like to, privacy, the time to get pedicures when I'd like, disposable income, and I don't have to share my bed/bathroom/closet/etc. Its kind of great...I often feel semi guilty about how much I enjoy myself compared to my married w/children friends. (again- I am Not putting it down)
  • snapril68
    snapril68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have a cat, I'm 1/4 on my way to being an old cat lady lmao totally ok with that =)

hahaha same here :-P I'll be 31 this Aug. Never married and no kids! I would love to have a family one day just
    haven't met the person I want to settle down with. It'll happen in time Im not worried. ;-) You can add me if you want!
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm almost twice your age, married once or twice but not now, and spawn-free: no kids, never wanted them, fine without them. Everyone's life is just different.
  • mystiedragonfly
    mystiedragonfly Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I will be 38 in August.. I've never been married and no desire to have kids.

I DO want to find someone, but after being single this long, I figure I can be picky about whom I end up with.
  • Stephanie4833
    Options
    I'm 29, single, never married, and no kids either. I don't even have a pet! I'm new here on MFP and new to fitness overall. Just joined a gym and hoping I'll find support and motivation on here to keep going. It would be great to get started with some friend requests. Add me. :)
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    27 never married. No kids (except for a dog whom thinks its a human). I'm too selfish to have kids, yet. One day, though. I love kids but not yet.
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    The smartest thing you could have ever done!!!! Do ya REALIZE how EXPENSIVE they are?!?!?! Pppffftttttt.... And men? Seriously... don't rush that... and scope your potential boyfriend OUT! So many cheaters now and days...I'd give a potential boyfriend an application and if he didn't pass it... SEE YA! No rush... take your time. Actually, you could in some cases classify SOME/MOST men in the children department. I see grown men playing xbox for hours and not have a job and still live with their parents. ::rolling eyes:: Make sure they have a job at least and a car...only because at that point its like HAVING a child!

Point is...You my dear are LUCKY!!! :drinker: And I am very jealous! lol
  • svelt123
    svelt123 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi, You are not weird. It will or will not happen. Don't waste your precious time worrying about what people think about you.:wink::wink: Live YOUR life!!!!
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Now, not to offend those who have gone the domestic route, so chill in advance but this is what I do have:

A great career, the freedom to go where I chose when I'd like to, privacy, the time to get pedicures when I'd like, disposable income, and I don't have to share my bed/bathroom/closet/etc. Its kind of great...I often feel semi guilty about how much I enjoy myself compared to my married w/children friends. (again- I am Not putting it down)

Who you kidding??? I'd love to have your life!!! You GO! No offense to me at all... I obviously didn't have my head screwed on correctly when I started having kids with a worthless husband who cheated on me with my sister and cousin, and can't pay support but can pop out more kids!!! I love my kids... but if I had thought through it a LITTLE BETTER I'd still be single, and enjoying my life traveling and not worrying whether I have a sitter or not to go to work! Just saying... Enjoy your life!!!!
  • willem494
    willem494 Posts: 5
    Options

Who you kidding??? I'd love to have your life!!! You GO! No offense to me at all... I obviously didn't have my head screwed on correctly when I started having kids with a worthless husband who cheated on me with my sister and cousin, and can't pay support but can pop out more kids!!! I love my kids... but if I had thought through it a LITTLE BETTER I'd still be single, and enjoying my life traveling and not worrying whether I have a sitter or not to go to work! Just saying... Enjoy your life!!!!

And somebody perhaps wants to have your life. We all have to make our own mistakes on our own. There's no use in looking back and regretting what we once decided to do or to not do.

For myself, I got stuck in my life quite now, and I also spend a lot of time - too much time - in wanting badly to have taken another choice, another opportunity... but I don't know, if I had done it, if I would sit right now in another life wanting so bad I had taken another opportunity... and so on.

I don't think it's possible to make always the right decisions, but I know there must be a way - sooner or later - to be happy with my life again. First thing is to get fit, healthy and loose this extra pounds that I gained by fighting my bad mood with sweets.

I am 37, no kids but I have to confess that I am married. ;-)
  • perfectlyimperfectturk
    Options
    Most people get married and have kids for the wrong reasons anyways. **** societies pressures. Do what works for you, and if that means no kids and no husband, then that's perfectly fine. :) Live life on your own terms hun.