Foods that shocked you

Options

Replies

• Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I love ranch, and butter, and cream and all things with tons of fat. hehehehe
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Fruit Juice They are like a friggin Candy bar in a glass!!
  • anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Watch out for her when she gets older, FYI.. I was a chunky (well... more than just chunky) "little" girl and I developed the start of my disordered eating habits around her age..

As for shocks... Um...
    - hard candy
    - ben and jerry's
    - certain breads (200+ cals for 1 slice!)
    - cereal ("healthy" cereal.. so frustratingly high in calories..)
    - diners (such good comfort food but wayyy too many calories)
    - granola bars (aka "healthy" candy bars)
  • Ras_py
    Ras_py Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm actually more sad that a 9-year-old would be horrified that something was fattening, and say they would "be fat forever," meaning they already think they are fat.

*sigh*

^^^ this shocks me too

whats so shocking abt this? kids can look at their peers and see that they are overweight. its not shocking for a 9yr old to understand. its just as important for a kid to be knowledgeable abt what they put in their bodies as an adult.
  • krnlmustrd
    krnlmustrd Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Pork Sausage. Mmmm, so good. So many calories.
  • janesmithh
    janesmithh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    butter is definitely scary. so our potato chips. they taste great and 200 calories later, one just has a guilt trip. so is cake with the creamy frosting.
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Granola....real shock.

I was ROCKED by this one!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Man's best friend. Bacon. You sexy, salty mofo.
  • endlesswonderr
    endlesswonderr Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bagels and muffins! I used to always buy them from tim hortans and would eat them as though they were healthy.. until I actually looked into the fat and calories in them. :(
    also like many people, peanut butter.
  • tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    1 tbsp per all oils
    cheese
    whipping cream/heavy cream
    butter
    heavy cream/milk-based sauces
    all nuts
    1 tbsp per all nut butters
    pasta/breads

I personally feel that any type of food can have alot of calories regardless of size, carbs, fats, or proportions.

It all really comes down to enjoying them in moderation, imo.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Hmm Ranch..I make mine with a powder flavoring using skim milk and no fat mayo...it's sooo yummy.

As for what shocked me...nothing really...except for what 1lb of ground beef looks like vs what I thought it looked like.

I eat butter over margarine, choose smoked pork loin sliced thin like bacon, I refuse to stop with the cream in my coffee but it's not teh 18% mf one but the 10%mf....and I always choose low/non fat items instead of regular..ie cheese, or whole grain instead of white ie pasta/bread, brown over white ie rice/sugars
  • marhod5
    marhod5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Coffee drinks and restaurants meals. Do they just pour extra calories on these things?! Oh wait, I think I answered my own question.
  • Shadowcub
    Shadowcub Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    And WATERMELON is killing me at the moment! I'll have a whole one over the course of a day or two- that's over 1000 calories to budget in.
    Wait. What? Watermelon has calories? Say it ain't so! *wails*
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Innocent Smoothies - ridiculously high sugar content, & yeah the sodium levels in pre made food.. Oh! & "healthy/low calorie" supermarket options. Might as well being having the real deal! :grumble:
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Meusli.

I always had the impression it was so healthy, but in the portions I was eating (with milk) it was 600+ calories before I had even started my day!
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Chili cheese fries from Tommy's in L.A... how can such a small container of fries have nearly 1,000 calories?!
  • BarefootSerenity
    Options
    Butter for me. I would eat a ton of it (good, real butter and none of the fake crap!) with different things....
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Moxy's stir fry. Ridiculous amount, should be a law.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    And WATERMELON is killing me at the moment! I'll have a whole one over the course of a day or two- that's over 1000 calories to budget in.
    Wait. What? Watermelon has calories? Say it ain't so! *wails*

:sad:
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    country fried steak :(