what do skinny people eat?!?

Options

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    They eat food, just like us fat people. They just eat less. And they move more. Pretty simple concept, really.
    Some do. Some don't. Meaning some don't "just eat less". Some make conscious decisions about WHAT they eat as well.

But no matter WHAT foods they eat, they eat less of them.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    ALL THE FOODZ!!!

Oh wait...*looks at body*

I'm not skinny...

Slowly backs out of thread
  • Arleigh7
    Arleigh7 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    easy answer...Not much! :)
  • amatxuof5
    amatxuof5 Posts: 40
    Options
    Look at the food diary entries for people who have had success or are at a weight you would like to be -- you will see what people who are serious about their health eat.

I would make a recommendation -- change your focus from weight loss to health. It makes things easier and more sustainable. If each choice you make you think about its impact on your goal to get healthy you will avoid the processed "diet" foods which are filled with sugar (generally) and really don't change your eating habits just what you are eating. Eventually you go back to what you used to eat because you didn't change -- at least this has been my experience in the past.

Feel free to add me if you'd like a fellow 5'4" mom of three who has a considerable amount to lose.

This is spot on! Health - not weight, especially for our kiddos. I HATE that my daughter would rather eat chocolate than her veggies - but she's just like me! I have to say "no" to my kids. I have to remember not to buy junk and keep it in the house or they find it. I have to remind them how important their veggies are (they love fruit) and how important protein is. I plan their meals carefully so that they have something from each group on their plate. I try not to let them eat when I know they aren't hungry. Kids can't control what they eat, so we need to. We need to do this for ourselves too. Read food labels and log everything! Some skinny people are just naturally skinny and they eat junk and stay skinny. But for most of us, we need to think about what we are eating and what it's doing to us. I have an issue with sugar and I know that about myself. I would be healthier without it, but I can't give it up. So, I log it. Keep track of everything you eat. Make a mental note of how it makes you feel. I LOVE Diet Coke, but I know it gives me a stomachache, so I don't drink it anymore. Find what works for you. But remember to take it one day at a time. Pre-plan your meals, but don't beat yourself up if you order a pizza one day. Patience is a virtue, but weight loss also takes effort. And you have to exercise. It is so important - for you, your husband, and especially your kids. It's really not rocket science, but you need to find what works for you.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...to catch up...

...as a "skinny/not fat" person.

I guess if you consider 2500-3000 calories as "not much", then yeah, ^this. Otherwise, no.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    everything.

also, i eat 3500-4000 cal/day. so... there's that...
  • martasmith54584
    Options
    Homemade meals from scratch so you know what's in it. No processed foods. I'm a working single mom and do it so the "I work" etc isn't an excuse. Prep food for the week when you are off. Cut veggies and have them available for snacking. Don't buy chips, pop, cookies etc. If it's not in the house you/kids can't eat them.
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    In...

...to catch up...

...as a "skinny/not fat" person.

I guess if you consider 2500-3000 calories as "not much", then yeah, ^this. Otherwise, no.

What Jof said. 5'-2" 130lb size 4 female here. Eats 2200+ calories/day. Mostly meat & veggies, some fruit and nuts, limited "junk" foods (usually make my own ice cream, muffins, cookies...etc.).

That said, if I lowered (or eliminated) my activity, I would still eat the same foods, just a few hundred calories less of them.
  • JenMarie8781
    JenMarie8781 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I lost 107 pounds without changing what I was eating. I just ate less of it and modified some recipes to be healthier (using Splenda instead of sugar, whole wheat instead of white, etc.). And I started exercising 2 or 3 times a week. Nothing crazy... just walking and Zumba.

As you can see from my ticker, I have gained some back due to letting my cravings get the best of me during my pregnancy! But I am almost 4 weeks PP and getting back on track!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Feel free to view my diary. I don't consider myself to be "skinny" but I'm thin I suppose. :wink: Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Smaller portions ?
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    They eat food, just like us fat people. They just eat less. And they move more. Pretty simple concept, really.
    Some do. Some don't. Meaning some don't "just eat less". Some make conscious decisions about WHAT they eat as well.
    ]

Right on!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    (didn't read responses, most likely repeating)

Skinny? Not much.

Fit? Lots!
  • StrongFitSexy
    Options

Yes I eat what i want but with a limit. I always try to hit my macros at the same time but I also workout intensively so it hardly affects me:)
    Its a lifestyle, I don't believe in diets.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I generally try to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables as well as enough protein in my diet. I avoid processed food when I can, though I do eat out and even get fast food sometimes (Though when I'm getting fast food, I do get salads, grilled chicken wraps, and the like).

You can try to just make some easy substitutions to make things healthier (e.g. cheese with skim milk instead of full fat cheese). I generally just try to find recipes that are healthy yet still tasty... this is one of my favorite sites: http://www.skinnytaste.com/

My advice is to find healthier/lighter recipes but not to do anything too extreme. In my opinion, it's all about a lifestyle change and making sure it's something you can stick with.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I eat food. When I was fat, I ate too much food. I move a lot and workout hard and lift and run and lots of other stuff...when I was fat I did none of the above. I try to get my nutrition from my food...so lots of fruit and veg, lean proteins and healthy fats. Once those obligations have been met, it's whatevs....including beer, ice cream, dorritos, soda...whatevs.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options

I'm 'skinny' and I eat over 2,000 calories a day, on average :smile:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

But no matter WHAT foods they eat, they eat less of them.

Less of them than whom? They don't necessarily eat less than an overweight person. They may eat the same or more but move more.
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options
    My advise is start small.

This.

It's hard to make huge changes. It can be overwhelming. Keep an eye on the big picture not just today.

You might begin by eliminating sugared beverages with meals...reduce 'added sugar' intake... reduce portion sizes (MFP is pretty good at showing you the calories of each meal and of showing a real serving size as opposed to the rather large serving size we tend to default to)...include more vegetables... etc..

Take change one step at a time.

Incrementally, you can change your eating habits that way. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Just a little more today than yesterday.
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options
    *double post*
    oops.