Television Shows You Wished Had Ended Differently

Options

Replies

• allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Rescue Me. It got weird, but I loved it.
  • clearlyinvisibleme
    Options
    7th Heaven.. it's like they ran outta money!
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    90210 and ghost whisperer and futurama.

futurama hasn't ended yet... Although it just started it's final season, which makes me sad... But I admit I was sad with their ending when they were cancelled from Fox, until they got creative did movies and later got picked up by comedy central.

But for my picks:
    Lost - so many better ways to go with it. Hell I would have taken the old classic in the mind of a special child over what they chose.

Dead Like Me - there was no end, they left a cliff hanger not expecting to be cancelled. The movie they put out a few years later was garbage because they replaced one of the characters and one just didn't show up

Firefly - definitely dead before it's time, and I boo-hooed at the end of the movie because it wasn't that good and they literally killed any chance of the show getting picked up again
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    The first season of American horror story

Agreed. I want more of the first season. The second season didn't do it for me.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Merlin.

So many main characters that everyone loves just dying.

I was pretty much making the exact same face as Merlin himself:

tumblr_inline_mfk10j6pw51r5n0kh.gif

Some ugly sobbing going on then.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Big Love

they took the easy way out by killing off Bill

DITTO!!! Along with the Sopranos! What a terrible way to end both of them! No chance for a Soprano reunion show now.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Carnivale, Romw and John from Cincinnatti.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Reaching way back, , , "Pretender". They had 3 attempts at TV movies for an ending and they all stunk.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Friends
    and ER (yes it was on for like.. 15 years but I wanted MORE!! lol)
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    "The Sopranos"....after watching all 6 seasons several times over, not giving the series an ending of any description really cheesed me off...and now that T is no longer with us, they never will have an ending.

EXACTLY :brokenheart:
  • mnxl
    mnxl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    deadwood
    forgot about Terra Nova!!really liked the plot/concept of a time travel back in time to make a better place. they starting fighting with another tribe right away.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Firefly... Watching Serenity killed me. </3

Yup... I agree with this one.

I HATED how they ended Mercy (it was on NBC for one season) it was a great show and they ended by one of the main characters ex-husband (on again off again love interest) with a deer in the headlights look as a car is approaching him... that's it BAM! it's done... stupid NBC.
  • mnxl
    mnxl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Newhart
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    No one probably remembers it but Boston Public. I liked the show, but it was one that got cancelled :grumble: The producer of the show also did Ally McBeal and the show ran from 2000-2004

Another series that ended was The Ultimate Coyote Ugly Search that was on cmt. my only guess to it would be that after so long, there wasn't much of a calling for girls to dance and sing on the bar.

I remember watching BP, but I don't remember how it ended though.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    Merlin.

So many main characters that everyone loves just dying.

I was pretty much making the exact same face as Merlin himself:

tumblr_inline_mfk10j6pw51r5n0kh.gif

Some ugly sobbing going on then.

I hated the Merlin ending... DH was all "is that it?"
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    Heroes - This show had so much potential yet drove itself right off the cliff, Why didn't you just let Peter have all those powers and let Sylar be a total bad *kitten*!! WHY!!!!

Had the writers strike to thank for that... the potential for that show was sadly shot to hell at that point. I don't think I finished watching it after that... maybe I should at some point.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Did anyone already mention the Battlestar Galactica reboot? Love the show, but the ending was pure silliness.
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    The 4400. No real ending--just cancelled. :( Come baaaaack 4400.
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Should've started a poll for this thread instead. Never watched the Sopranos but apparently won't since the ending was THAT bad. :D

Throwing Secret Circle on here as well.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Merlin. Ugh.

Firefly... probably just shouldn't have ended at all.